• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has entered into a 10-year commitment to bring Call of Duty to Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cod Mobile ye let's go!
4ocGfR0.jpg

Power Pro

Disclosure, but I'm not the audience for this, haven't liked CoD in over a decade.

That being said I love my Nintendo Switch, play it more than my PS5. Yet Call of Duty on a Nintendo platform currently...

200w.gif

Not with this hardware I hope. That would be ROUGH

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good to see. It's so true MS wants gaming expanded. PC, cloud, Samsung TV game pass, no Bethesda/Activision games pulled yet from competing systems.

It'll be legacy game quality ports, but that's Nintendo's fault for having gimped systems. Cant expect miracles. A good example is Black Ops 2 coming out for Wii U. It was as good as 360/PS3 versions. And so were other games like Mass Effect and Batman.

ManaByte

CoD mobile is likely what will be ported. Doubt you’ll see main entries until at least switch 2
Phil already said development won’t even start until next summer. The first game would be a Switch 2 launch title at that rate.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
CoD mobile is likely what will be ported. Doubt you’ll see main entries until at least switch 2

Depends on what a Switch 2 or Switch Pro is. There won't be a new CoD next year anyway so there's at least a 2 year buffer (and most developers would get dev kits long before release windows for new hardware).

Also, Warzone 2.0 runs on a 2013 base XBO. Switch could probably run it with further cut backs in a native manner as well if needed.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
GG Phil.

Living up to his word :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Good for Nintendo players to have it on their systems as well.
Yup.

COD games on Nintendo platforms have happened in the past. Just rare. There's some kind of combo of low user base, or the target audience not liking shooters, or not worth Activision's time doing it (ROI) etc.... which has made Activision say forget it. It cant be Nintendo. I dont think they sit there telling Activision they dont want COD on their systems. You'd think Activision would still do a port to cash in on the franchise even if they dont do as well as on other consoles or PC. Like how EA still does FIFA on Nintendo systems.

But MS is thinking differently. It's about more games everywhere. More money and higher user bases which keeps the games going.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Nintendo: We are so happy to have signed a 10 year to bring COD on our platform. how will the performance be, will you work on a development plan for our specific platform.

Phil:
Kevin Bacon Good Luck GIF by PeacockTV

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom