• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has entered into a 10-year commitment to bring Call of Duty to Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it.
Well played Phil.
giphy.webp

OuterLimits

CoD mobile is likely what will be ported. Doubt you’ll see main entries until at least switch 2

By the time this deal actually gets completely finalized and Activision would conceivably actually start any work, the Switch 2 may be on the market anyway.(or announced and coming shortly)

Disclosure, but I'm not the audience for this, haven't liked CoD in over a decade.

That being said I love my Nintendo Switch, play it more than my PS5. Yet Call of Duty on a Nintendo platform currently...

200w.gif

Not with this hardware I hope. That would be ROUGH
Call of Duty mobile is a thing ..

The game clearly wouldn’t be the same version as the ones on current gen consoles. They will probably make a downgraded version of COD specifically for the switch.

Fredrik

Hopefully this means we’ll get new Nintendo hardware soon. Switch has felt old for a looong time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I thought all the merger haters claimed games going forward would not be multiplat anymore where they'd be all funneled to Xbox and PC? So what's with MS doing a deal with Nintendo for arguably the biggest console franchise out there, which can only strengthen Switch's (and Switch 2's) game library? Given it's a 10 year deal, that'll even stretch to Switch 3.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Man the pr is completely working. What games? COD is a huge library of games, including a whole group of crappy ones.
Hook line and sinker. Same goes for them saying they will stay in steam.......of course they will.

You all realize that once the merger is officially approved, the real plan is to make the newest AAA COD games exclusive to xbox/pc, right? Once all the old contracts are done......

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

No way CMA can say no to that.
CMA doesn’t give a shit about Call of Duty, it looks at one of the largest manufacturers acquiring one of the largest publishers.

Imagine a situation where the worlds huge coal mine acquires Coal Plants International, a huge owner and operator of coal plants in the world. That’s what this is about.

Ah we've reached the whataboutism phase.

There hasn't been a new CoD game on Nintendo hardware for a while. 10 year is putting a solid number to the promised support.

Its clear this was never about nintendo, its them trying to battle Sony’s narrative to regulators. If they truly cared about bringing more games to more people they wouldn’t horde new zenimax games

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Its clear this was never about nintendo, its them trying to battle Sony’s narrative. If they truly cared about bringing more games to more people that wouldn’t horde new zenimax games

It's clear you're reading into it with a very biased lens. They talked about bringing CoD to Nintendo before Sony ever made any comments about this whole acquisition. This is them following through on it with an official agreement with Nintendo, should the acquisition go through.

Also, bringing Call of Duty, a franchise that *has* been on Nintendo platforms before, is not the same as them dumping all of their first party output on Nintendo platforms.

Your whataboutism is pretty hollow here, sorry to say friend.

Last edited:

OuterLimits

I guess Phil can now tell regulators. "Look, with us at the helm, we have entered a long agreement to release the COD franchise on an extremely popular platform that was actually being ignored previously"

Last edited:

onQ123

Ah we've reached the whataboutism phase.

There hasn't been a new CoD game on Nintendo hardware for a while. 10 year is putting a solid number to the promised support.
Still don't like a time limit being set , foreseeable future would have been a better choice of words .

Kacho

Still don't like a time limit being set , foreseeable future would have been a better choice of words .
I get what you’re saying but Nintendo went from having no COD to having COD on lock for their next two consoles. That’s a solid deal.

Microsoft will revisit these agreements when the time comes and that’s when things get spicy. I don’t see them thumbing their nose at the user base on Nintendo when they’re still (presumably) fighting for scraps in the console space with Sony.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that jazz.
247.gif

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
If this gets Nintendo to use better hardware I'm all for it.
lol good luck with that.

This is a pretty big win for Nintendo though. Third parties play follow the leader with COD and GTA. Not holding my breath for GTA but if Nintendo can secure that as well their third party situation should improve a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom