• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is laying off 1900 Activision Blizzard and Xbox employees (8% cut from the Gaming Division)

I think he went and got himself a life outside of video games.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Eh....ain't worried. Just a fad. He'll be back. :messenger_beaming:

Don't know. I'm worried. I underestimated axe-man phil. Didn't know he was powerful enough to butcher 1900 people in an instant

He may be KIA

Last edited:

laynelane

I still believe a big part of the acquisition was an attempt by MS/XB to get COD away from Sony. They were in too deep and had to agree to the *laughable 10-year deal.

I hate it for people that are being laid off, IMO, a bigger issue is the way it is being handled. It is just a crap situation not knowing if you are going to be let go or not. Fuck Phil for letting it happen this way on his watch.

After this came to light:

We (Microsoft) are in a very unique position to be able to go spend Sony out of business,” said Booty, referencing spending $2 billion or $3 billion in 2020 to avoid competitors getting ahead in content at a later date.

Source.

There is little doubt in my mind that a big part of the acquisition was to remove content from Sony platforms. There's also the fact that the initial negotiations with Sony for CoD were for only three years ie. until their marketing agreement ended.

...the ambitions of a megacorporation...

I would place that under the above part of Varteras Varteras post.

Agreed also on the way the lay-offs are being handled. People uprooted their whole lives to work under MS and this is the outcome. I've read accounts of the uncertainty of 'who's next' and of people not even being allowed to clear their desks or access their computers after being let go. It's just shitty all around.

Mr Moose

Right, so for Microsoft what would matter is how much is that profit margin impacted by what’s going with Xbox… would it be 50% if Xbox wasn’t around?
We know they spent over 1 billion on gamepass last year, they lose money on every console. I don't think they make very much.

Last edited:
After this came to light:

Source.

There is little doubt in my mind that a big part of the acquisition was to remove content from Sony platforms. There's also the fact that the initial negotiations with Sony for CoD were for only three years ie. until their marketing agreement ended.
There was a LOT of political fingers in the wind and secret negotiations and positioning during the nearly 2 years it took for the ABK acquisition to be approved.

Jim Ryan was quietly really smart about how he played his hand during the difficult regulatory approval process for the acquisition. When MS first announced they were buying ABK, they were very confident it would sail through without any issues. They were spending $1 billion annually on lobbying world governments and had really burnished their image with regulators. They went to Ryan offered 2 years of CoD after the current marketing agreement ended. Ryan said no, in an email later leaked from the FTC trial. MS then went away, thinking no agreement was going to happen, they were going to get ABK, and they could immediately pull CoD from Playstation and begin to finally destroy Sony.

The acquisition ran into regulatory hurdles with the EU. MS went back to Ryan and offered 5 years. Ryan said no a second time. MS went to Nintendo and signed a 10-years agreement with them, and then did their agreements with nobodies in cloud and also Nvidia GeForce Now. With these 10-years agreements, they went to Ryan a third time and offered 10 years of CoD. By this time, while EU had approved the acquisition, the UK was stonewalling them over the cloud stuff. Ryan said no a third time, thinking he had this in the bag, the acquisition would be denied.

To appease the UK regulators, MS cooked up the arrangement where they sold all cloud stuff to Ubisoft and guaranteed 15 years of non-exclusivity on cloud. Now that it looked like UK would finally approve, Ryan finally signed the 10-years agreement for CoD. By this time, the acquisition process had dragged on nearly 2 years, and MS was so distracted by it that they hardly noticed that Xbox was dying because of total neglect and sales worldwide of Xbox consoles was cratering.

From the perspective of Sony, the disastrous 2 years of MS trying to get ABK acquisition over the finish line was a pyrrhic victory. MS gave up basically everything they actually wanted from ABK, which was to deny CoD to Playstation and make it Xbox exclusive and also dominate cloud in the future. Ryan gets a lot of shit on GAF for unknown reasons but he was actually quite brilliant in how he handled the negotiations with MS during the ABK acquisition process.

Last edited:

twilo99

We know they spelt over 1 billion on gamepass last year, they lose money on every console. I don't think they make very much.

I think they are loosing money, I just don’t think it’s significant enough..

Mr Moose

I think they are loosing money, I just don’t think it’s significant enough..
I am still down about the physical stuff, I would love for physical games to be superior to digital. I don't like MS or Xbox, but they have a lot of IPs I do like. I also want to try Halo but I gotta use a fucking email address to play that shit.
Edit: Just signed in with Halo "Your account is now linked with Xbox" I don't even want to use MP.

Last edited:
Strange historical footnote:

The UK leaving the EU probably ended up saving gaming as we know it. If the UK wasn't allowed to act independently of the EU as a regulator, they would have not been able to stall the MS acquisition of ABK as long as they did nor would they have been able to extract the terms they eventually got to allow it. What I'm saying is Brexit was a good thing in this one instance and gamers should be forever grateful for the UK for what they did, even though currently the UK is going through a hard time. Their sacrifice saved us all!

Fuck knows, probably not a whole lot, which is why they are making job cuts. Which they are also not supposed to do because they are a $3 trillion company. So we berate them for being barely profitable if at all, and also for making moves to be profitable.

I'm gonna point you to one of Varteras Varteras 's posts because you'll see what it is about these cuts that a lot of us are actually questioning, not necessarily the cuts themselves...

If this would have happened two or three years later, and at a slow trickle of eliminations, it would have been easy to just handwave. I honestly think the industry in general would have been much more accepting of the idea that it was an attempt to streamline development and make it better. This is not that. This is a huge cost cutting measure mere months later. It is a blatantly heartless axing and the wild thing is it comes right after Microsoft fired over 10,000 people just last year. Even 6 months ago articles were being written about more layoffs beyond those 10,000. Meanwhile, the company hits a $3 trillion valuation, continues to bring in a couple hundred billion in revenue, and multiple tens of billions in profit. The only kind of people who can see nothing wrong with this are the people who are so willing to lock away their humanity that it should be grounds for court-ordered psychiatric care.

Yes, this. This is the heart of the matter. Cuts are always going to happen, especially with M&As this big. That is not necessarily what most of us are complaining about. The problem is HOW Microsoft went about doing these layoffs and communicating them (or lack thereof) to the affected. When you've got employees not even knowing they've been fired until multiple failed logins to their Slack account, or calling up Jason Schrier to see if they've gotten fired (when that should be Microsoft letting them know), that is a massive problem.

Firing employees is already going to be rough, but to be as heartless and sloppy about it as Microsoft has been...and this isn't even the first time, either. But if people want to think we're making it about the cuts themselves, let 'em. Well, I know for my part that is somewhat the case, because much smaller companies appear much more humane about handling layoffs trying to cut back from the most secured in the company (usually in docking their pay, eliminating bonuses, or even demotions, etc.) before just rushing straight ahead to fire masses of the least secured among the workforce. Nintendo and Lenovo are two immediate examples I can think of in this regard.

Something about giving a person a job opportunity that requires them to relocate (perhaps even entirely cross-country), just to fire them a couple months later, just seem extremely messed up, heartless, and inconsiderate to them and their family, and their finances. But hey, Sting concerts amirite!?

Who knows. The reason why Sony does is because gaming is a separate pillar. Xbox isn't as it's lumped into a Computing pillar that has Windows, Search, and Mouse and Keyboard kind of stuff.

So nobody knows how profitable each thing is in the Computing pillar. Just as nobody knows how profitable each line in Sonys Gaming report. The profits of their Gaming division is one vague number, yet they split out hardware, software, add-on, online/network services in sales rows, but not profit rows. Maybe all rows are super unprofitable except Software. Nobody knows.

Apple doesn't state the profit of any of their hardware like phones, Macs and watches. All of it gets lumped into one hardware profit row. And all downloads and services get lumped into one Services row too. So out of all the products and services Apple sells, it's all vaguely combined into just two rows.

Sony may not report profit for each sector of their gaming division, but at least they provide revenue for each sector. Microsoft doesn't even do that much! With Sony, we know how much hardware brings in for revenue, peripherals, B2P game sales, MTX/DLC add-on content, subscription services etc. Yeah the profit is all of those lumped in, but again at least report the profit of their gaming unit.

Just because SIE is a subsidiary, doesn't mean Microsoft have to hide both the profit and revenue for Xbox even if Xbox is more a division lumped in with More Personal Computing.

I still believe a big part of the acquisition was an attempt by MS/XB to get COD away from Sony. They were in too deep and had to agree to the *laughable 10-year deal.

I hate it for people that are being laid off, IMO, a bigger issue is the way it is being handled. It is just a crap situation not knowing if you are going to be let go or not. Fuck Phil for letting it happen this way on his watch.

Oh a massive part of the M&A was about getting COD, and ABK, away from Sony. Just remember those leaked internal memos and emails. Remember how a lot of Microsoft's acquisition targets were companies with a known close relationship with Sony/SIE. They at least at some point, had the idea of isolating Sony from as many of their closest 3P partners as possible, by buying them up.

Doing that would prevent Sony from working with those 3P independently; from that point on Microsoft would be the middleman, and there is 0% chance Microsoft allows anything to happen between SIE and that now-acquired 3P to benefit PlayStation that doesn't at least result in the exact same benefits for Xbox. The ABK purchase was, at least in part, a way to force market parity between Microsoft Gaming/Xbox and SIE with a 3P asset. Although in the form of content delivery, that's resulted in a lot more multiplatform support of ABK content than MS initially wanted, they still have complete control over all business affairs involving ABK with outside parties.

Controlling the content and its distribution, and knowing most of the money made on rival platforms is enriching your own platform (a direct competitor to those other platforms), is still a big get for Microsoft. It's arguably the second-biggest reason to do the M&A outside of the immediate benefit of more persistent revenue for whatever division(s) it's meant to bolster. Now I don't know if internally, Microsoft's focus has truly shifted or not in terms of how they plan to leverage the acquired assets. Are they really going more fully multiplat/3P and de-emphasizing the hardware (or even getting rid of it completely), or is all of that just smoke & mirrors to misdirect people? We don't know, and won't know until some of the rumors start getting confirmed (or not).

Which is why the threat (I say this from the POV of a competitor to MS Gaming's Xbox brand; I'm sure MS themselves would see it as a benefit) of leveraging ABK and other acquired content as perhaps partial foreclosure in availability on rival platforms, but full foreclosure in market business dealings between the acquired 3P and rival platform holders, still exists on some level. Something I'm very weary of, because it still means mass consolidation as an attempt to squeeze out significantly smaller (at the corporate level) competitors and buy their way to market relevance & dominance, stability of the market be damned.

And it's especially pressing potentially, knowing none of this consolidation is off the merits of Xbox's own market success in the industry; Xbox division had and never will have anywhere near the capital to foot a $69 billion bill for M&A on its own accord. I doubt any of the Big 3 console brands could, in fact, but ESPECIALLY not Xbox.

We know they spelt over 1 billion on gamepass last year, they lose money on every console. I don't think they make very much.

Personal wild guess: it's probably $1 billion per FY in net profits from everything Xbox/Microsoft Gaming-related, over/under of $200 million.

So prob as low as $800 million per FY, or as high as $1.2 billion per FY at best. Whatever it is, it's very likely well within the MoE of their total FY net profit average (~ $62.66 billion for the past four FYs), within the lower side of it at that (between 1%-2%). That's assuming similar accounting practices as say SIE/Sony for their gaming subsidiary.

IMO FY net profits for Xbox have to be somewhere around this little for shareholders to not care about the numbers being provided to them (or per-sector breakdown of different parts of the division when it comes to revenue).

Last edited:

laynelane

Extremely bad analogy.

Xbox Game Studios had 2 painters because they needed 2 painters.
ABK had 4 painters because they needed 4 painters.

Now ABK and XGS need 6 painters. If Microsoft fires 2 because they can't afford them, it means:

(1) either slowing down the paintwork,
2) overworking those 4 painters into doing the work of 6 painters, or
(3) doing a half-ass job.

This and all the other replies to the painter analogy are precisely why I have a personal policy of never using analogies on Gaf. A bad analogy is to video game nerds the equivalent of waving a red flag at a bull. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sony may not report profit for each sector of their gaming division, but at least they provide revenue for each sector. Microsoft doesn't even do that much! With Sony, we know how much hardware brings in for revenue, peripherals, B2P game sales, MTX/DLC add-on content, subscription services etc. Yeah the profit is all of those lumped in, but again at least report the profit of their gaming unit.

Just because SIE is a subsidiary, doesn't mean Microsoft have to hide both the profit and revenue for Xbox even if Xbox is more a division lumped in with More Personal Computing.
What are you talking about? Sure they tell how much Gaming revenue they do. I swear a lot of you guys on GAF have never looked at an annual report ever in life.

As for breaking down pillars into more rows, some companies do, some dont. Apple doesn't break down in their rows how much is itunes or Apple Arcade when it comes to digital services.

And as for visibility, dont forget Sony has stopped disclosing PS Sub counts since last summer. The second they increased the price 33%, they also announced around the same time no more telling PS sub counts going forward. No Sony fan brings that up.

z4nEBcw.jpg

9Rw8dN8.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Is this true?

True. Sony gutted tons of people back then when they were losing tons of money. I think a lot came from their TV division. They also sold off Vaio back then too. But past 12 years they've decreased about 50,000 employees or 30%.

2012 SEC submission. Page 112. I'm not going to go through every year, but I'm going to assume any charts you see online are just compiling SEC data. Here's 2010 and 2023 employee counts.

zk4eleB.jpg

2023 SEC submission. Page 85

UWDxjFW.jpg

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Is this true?

Let's establish something right off the bat. This Twitter account is blatantly anti-PlayStation. A quick glance at their feed will show you that clearly. If this is the circle you run in, only assuming as you posted it, find a better circle or wear a helmet. This is nothing more than console war nonsense and damage control. It's the typical #sonytoo stuff that you get when Microsoft does something clearly indefensible. "But.. but... Sony does layoffs too"! Just so we're clear, that's how all fanboys operate.

No one has said they don't fire people and there have been plenty of times Sony's closures have been met with scrutiny. Sony is nowhere near Microsoft in financial muscle. Very well established. It was also well established that Sony was in very bad financial straits since the PS3 days and it wasn't until well into the previous gen that Sony's efforts to correct itself paid off. That came with a lot of layoffs, closures, and divestments over the years. Why? Because they needed to. It was for the overall health of the company.

This is NOT for the health of Microsoft. Again, and it cannot be stated enough, Microsoft is a $3 trillion valued company. It brings in over $200 billion a year in revenue with $90 billion in earnings. They are in no way, shape, or form in danger as a company. There is absolutely zero justification on their end for the sacking of nearly 2,000 people from their gaming division with so many of them coming right from the company they "saved" for $70 billion. ABK was already profitable. It had no trouble making its own money. This was NOT a Zenimax situation.

Why not look at the number of people the two employ and compare that to their revenue and profit? Microsoft employs twice as many people. Cool. They also make two and a half times the revenue and twelve times the income.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Why not look at the number of people the two employ and compare that to their revenue and profit? Microsoft employs twice as many people. Cool. They also make two and a half times the revenue and twelve times the income.

I don't see any validity in comparing employee counts for the parent companies of Xbox and PlayStatoin as they each have their fingers in many pies that differ from one another. It's also probably not a good comparison to look at the individual gaming divisions since the numbers and size of the studios owned would differ.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Let's establish something right off the bat. This Twitter account is blatantly anti-PlayStation. A quick glance at their feed will show you that clearly. If this is the circle you run in, only assuming as you posted it, find a better circle or wear a helmet. This is nothing more than console war nonsense and damage control. It's the typical #sonytoo stuff that you get when Microsoft does something clearly indefensible. "But.. but... Sony does layoffs too"! Just so we're clear, that's how all fanboys operate.

No one has said they don't fire people and there have been plenty of times Sony's closures have been met with scrutiny. Sony is nowhere near Microsoft in financial muscle. Very well established. It was also well established that Sony was in very bad financial straits since the PS3 days and it wasn't until well into the previous gen that Sony's efforts to correct itself paid off. That came with a lot of layoffs, closures, and divestments over the years. Why? Because they needed to. It was for the overall health of the company.

This is NOT for the health of Microsoft. Again, and it cannot be stated enough, Microsoft is a $3 trillion valued company. It brings in over $200 billion a year in revenue with $90 billion in earnings. They are in no way, shape, or form in danger as a company. There is absolutely zero justification on their end for the sacking of nearly 2,000 people from their gaming division with so many of them coming right from the company they "saved" for $70 billion. ABK was already profitable. It had no trouble making its own money. This was NOT a Zenimax situation.

When it comes to business it doesn't matter if it's MS making $90 billion, Sony making $10 billion or Apple making $100+ billion profit. Just because a company can afford it doesn't mean they have to act like charity and keep every employee ever hired on the payroll forever till they die. If a worker is worth keeping, they'll be kept. If they arent then they arent worth keeping. Sonyy makes $10 billion profit a year. They could keep around any of those game studios they gas over the years. Saving a couple million bucks here and there in overhead would be a rounding error on their financials. So small people wouldnt even notice. But big companies will gas studios sometimes.

It's no different than anyone at home who makes decent money and has a decent bank account. Doesn't mean I have to eat steak dinners every day and buy all my stuff at Williams Sonoma just because I can afford it. Maybe i want to save money and eat Mcdonalds, cook at home and save myself $50 tonight. By the time I retire and drop dead, it wont make no difference if I ate out everyday and traded in a BMW every year. I'll still have plenty of money when I die and i dont even have shareholders knocking on my door pressuring me for profits or kids to pay for college. But hey, some companies and people like to spend and save, some like splurge. it's about being efficient. I pay all my bills on time. It makes no difference to me if I was a laggard and purposely paid late and get grilled penalty fees. But I want to run a tight ship and home and have all my i's and t's crossed where everything runs as smooth as possible. What do I care about a $20 penalty fee. But I want things to be nice and ship shape.

What a lot of people want in life is to have CEOs like Jack Dorsey. Twitter was never profitable in 15 years, had tons of employees making big money and the employee count grew every year. Not all companies are like that. And not everyone wants to spend every dime they got.

If Walmart wanted to they could afford to keep all those Xmas rush temp workers working FT all year. But why? Dont need them 365 days a year. Just for November and December.

Last edited:

twilo99

But past 12 years they've decreased about 50,000 employees or 30%.

Obviously someone at Sony knows how to run a business.

Microsoft needs AT LEAST 30% reduction as well but they won’t do it until we hit a proper recession and the party stops for a few years.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
And as for visibility, dont forget Sony has stopped disclosing PS Sub counts since last summer. The second they increased the price 33%, they also announced around the same time no more telling PS sub counts going forward. No Sony fan brings that up.

According to your logic PS plus subs must be in a great position since they stopped releasing the numbers.

You are extremely naive if you think hiding away numbers means that they are proud of what they could show. The entire reason you don't disclose the numbers is because they are not positive.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
According to your logic PS plus subs must be in a great position since they stopped releasing the numbers.

You are extremely naive if you think hiding away numbers means that they are proud of what they could show. The entire reason you don't disclose the numbers is because they are not positive.
Not true.

If not disclosing numbers is terrible, why doesn't Apple fully disclose their numbers. They make more profit than Sony and MS and hide their numbers more than either of them. And all any armchair analyst can get from their reports are two vague profit buckets called Products and Services. Impossible to analyze which product lines in them are the best and worst profits.

Every company is different. Private companies dont even disclose financials at all most of them time. if they wanted to brag how good they are nothing stops them from telling the world their company kicks ass and is profitable. Yet they dont say anything. Doesn't mean they are all losing money.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Not true.

If not disclosing numbers is terrible, why doesn't Apple fully disclose their numbers. They make more profit than Sony and MS and hide their numbers more than either of them.

Every company is different. Private companies dont even disclose financials at all most of them time. if they wanted to brag how good they are nothing stops them from telling the world their company kicks ass and is profitable. Yet they dont say anything. Doesn't mean they are all losing money.

Because Apple has numbers they want to hide. Apple is not some monolithic company where everything is a massive success. There are products that are not as successful as others.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Obviously someone at Sony knows how to run a business.

Microsoft needs AT LEAST 30% reduction as well but they won’t do it until we hit a proper recession and the party stops for a few years.
By the looks of how high wages and redundancies are, just about every tech company has employees to cull. It just comes down to how much more culling there is until it gets to a good level to stop.

You can tell since the trend the past bunch of years of post covid the biggest employee cuts are mostly tech companies overhiring the past 5 years or banks whose profits sunk and bad debts increased past few years as interest rates rocketed up.

In my industry, I dont think I've read one article about any of us gassing 5000 people or anything crazy like that and the big companies I work at or peer companies have like 50,000+ employees.

Last edited:

demigod

You're either a troll of supremely high quality, or lobotomised.

Anyone defending a trillion dollar company for firing the very people it needs to create games is totally out of touch with reality. Can you breathe with Phil's half flaccid cock so far down your throat? Is Booty full inserted into your booty?
Are we having ROAST duck tonight?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Omg this is pure comedy now. Which one is you?
bts-with-fans-68dfae6faf80fe3c8f4f.jpg
No wonder video game employees seem so miserable when they get fired. During employment, they get so into it making it a part of their lives where they think corporate execs X, Y, Z will never fire them like they are treated like family.

If I asked any of my friends and ex-coworkers who work at Colgate if they'd ever wear a red tshirt, hold a toothbrush and promote the company in a pic by pretending to brush their teeth, they'd all be like.... Who the fuck would want to do that?

Last edited:
Not true.

If not disclosing numbers is terrible, why doesn't Apple fully disclose their numbers. They make more profit than Sony and MS and hide their numbers more than either of them. And all any armchair analyst can get from their reports are two vague profit buckets called Products and Services. Impossible to analyze which product lines in them are the best and worst profits.

Not disclosing numbers is terrible not necessarily because of profit or loss, but because tolerating excessive opacity of financials in publicly traded companies leads to things like Enron and Worldcom happening. And they get away with it all the time, because all investors look at is the top and bottom line and decide oh the numbers keep going up everything is fine.

Xbox is probably not overall profitable, if you break it out from everything else that MS likes to clump it into. But MS shareholders don't care, why would they when the company's numbers are going up? They aren't worth $3 trillion because they have not made a profit on Xbox for the 20+ years it has existed, they are worth that because of Windows, Office, Azure, and now all the hype around AI.

Xbox was a rounding error in MS's financials, which is why it has been tolerated for all this time, but after blowing $70 billion on a controversial acquisition that needed 2 years to gain regulatory approval which also burned a lot of political capital MS built up over the past decades they are probably under a microscope to actually start making money now. Hence why they immediately chopped 1,900 jobs right after acquiring ABK.

Varteras

Gold Member
I don't see any validity in comparing employee counts for the parent companies of Xbox and PlayStatoin as they each have their fingers in many pies that differ from one another. It's also probably not a good comparison to look at the individual gaming divisions since the numbers and size of the studios owned would differ.

Frankly, I agree. Looking at how many they employ or have employed over time really isn't worth it. Making a comparison between the two of them for employee counts in most ways is pointless. Now, if this person wanted to point to a time where Sony had already fired a bunch of people, bought a huge company, and then fired even more people, from that company they just bought, then I would find it more valid. The reality is, it doesn't matter. It would still be shitty either way. Like I said, the comparison this Twitter account is trying to make is little more than deflecting from something very shitty that Microsoft just did.

When it comes to business it doesn't matter if it's MS making $90 billion, Sony making $10 billion or Apple making $100+ billion profit. Just because a company can afford it doesn't mean they have to act like charity and keep every employee ever hired on the payroll forever till they die. If a worker is worth keeping, they'll be kept. If they arent then they arent worth keeping. Sonyy makes $10 billion profit a year. They could keep around any of those game studios they gas over the years. Saving a couple million bucks here and there in overhead would be a rounding error on their financials. So small people wouldnt even notice. But big companies will gas studios sometimes.

It's no different than anyone at home who makes decent money and has a decent bank account. Doesn't mean I have to eat steak dinners every day and buy all my stuff at Williams Sonoma just because I can afford it. Maybe i want to save money and eat Mcdonalds, cook at home and save myself $50 tonight. By the time I retire and drop dead, it wont make no difference if I ate out everyday and traded in a BMW every year. I'll still have plenty of money when I die and i dont even have shareholders knocking on my door pressuring me for profits or kids to pay for college. But hey, some companies and people like to spend and save, some like splurge. it's about being efficient. I pay all my bills on time. It makes no difference to me if I was a laggard and purposely paid late and get grilled penalty fees. But I want to run a tight ship and home and have all my i's and t's crossed where everything runs as smooth as possible. What do I care about a $20 penalty fee. But I want things to be nice and ship shape.

What a lot of people want in life is to have CEOs like Jack Dorsey. Twitter was never profitable in 15 years, had tons of employees making big money and the employee count grew every year. Not all companies are like that. And not everyone wants to spend every dime they got.

If Walmart wanted to they could afford to keep all those Xmas rush temp workers working FT all year. But why? Dont need them 365 days a year. Just for November and December.

Gonna be very blunt here. I don't give a fuck. The point is, that Twitter account is merely deflecting from the shitty situation. The comparison they attempted is irrelevant and merely handwaving. I'll repeat what I said earlier, the only people who see nothing wrong with this are the ones willing to lock away their humanity and need help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom