• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes HD |OT| - Bears Go To Battle In HD

Rolf NB

Tizoc said:
I do, but I still get my ass handed to me ;.;
What units should I use? I have all 8 at max levels.
I think I used angels and knights, but you probably just need to work on your pattern matching strategies. Try to maximize your free turns. Look hard for cross and L patterns that can create both a wall and an attack formation at the same time, make sure to use those. Look for patterns that form multiple walls with a single removal.
Code:
ABB
BCC
C
Do not remove B to create one wall. Remove A and get another wall for free, and an extra turn added.
Etc.

Keep in mind the special abilities of his units, you've played them before. Nightmares attack in unison, even when their charge counters say otherwise. As soon as the first triggers, they all trigger. Watch his magic meter. His spell converts all his walls into fireballs, so when it's filling up, focus on building walls in front of his own walls.

Tizoc

So based on Rolf's post, my main strategy in the final battle should be
using ONLY Gremlins?

Just completed this, I didn't really have any trouble with any of the fights in the whole game :lol

At what point are you getting stuck in that battle? If you play defensively at first, load up on walls to survive the initial onslaught, then it turns into a normal battle after that. You definitely should be alright if all your units are maxed. Is the King's Crown the one that stops reinforcements taking a move? Call reinforcements pretty much every turn

Rolf NB

Tizoc said:
So based on Rolf's post, my main strategy in the final battle should be
using ONLY Gremlins?
I don't know, certainly worked for me, but you already knew that. I think they do max damage to that boss out of all the basic units. The real question is whether or not to pack in champion units. I found it super hard to get them charged, with all the walls I had built, but the much higher damage output might make them worthwhile anyway.

gillty

Banned
This game is so beautiful and fun.

So conflicted. On one hand I want to support Ubisoft/Capy's decision to ditch UPlay, on the other hand I kinda would rather play this type of game on my PS3 where I can relax.

Anything I should know about the PS3 or PC version that would sway my decision? I heard the loadtimes suck on the PS3 has this been updated?

Either way, bravo Capybara (no idea you were the dudes behind Sword & Sworcery) the game looks amazingly sharp on my PC. PLEASE make more high quality PC games!

Tizoc

Beat the game early this week lol.
Final battle was lame and annoying IMO, ugh.
Decided to replay it but this time getting all units to their max levels.

Valru said:
This game is so beautiful and fun.

So conflicted. On one hand I want to support Ubisoft/Capy's decision to ditch UPlay, on the other hand I kinda would rather play this type of game on my PS3 where I can relax.

Anything I should know about the PS3 or PC version that would sway my decision? I heard the loadtimes suck on the PS3 has this been updated?

Either way, bravo Capybara (no idea you were the dudes behind Sword & Sworcery) the game looks amazingly sharp on my PC. PLEASE make more high quality PC games!
There was a patch that slightly fixed them. They're still not great but I was impressed.

Tizoc

Are there any games that play similar to this one?
...and the PS3 load times were patched?! Sorry but the load times are still annoying, wouldn't mind if some more MBs were taken up by the game if it'll make the game load faster @_@

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Looking for advice on the first fight of the Silver Cities campaign. Not sure how to alter my strategy with two rows being destroyed every other turn.

EDIT: Apparently this a common fight to get stuck on. Google has aided me.

AAK

Is that the one that has 2 colossi charging simultaneously? Yeah, that was a pain. I really got lucky with some formations.

epmode

Those first Silver City fights are horrible. They're almost entirely unlike everything else in the game. ..which wouldn't be a bad thing except for how you're almost forced to use a specific army build to stand a chance. I'm not even sure if you can do that colossus fight without those guys that increase charge time on enemy units.

I still love this game, by the way.

And to that earlier guy, the load times on the PC are hugely improved over the console versions so there's that. Really, it's rare that the load screen will be up long enough to even display a tooltip.

Bought this a couple of months ago but finally started playing it yesterday. It's a great game, and beautiful to look at. The battle system is fantastic, but I was a little overwhelmed at first.

Beat it today (xbla version) i had taken a break from it for a few weeks. Wish the loading times weren't so long but i really liked this game. There were a few fights i had to look online for the best way to go about it and i didn't pay attention to the story but i was pretty hooked on the actual game. I don't game a ton now but on weekends i would put a lot of time into it. Any chance we get a sequel?

I'd love to see a sequel too. I know for a lot of people Bastion is their GOTY. It's definitely a sweet game but for me I enjoyed Clash Of Heroes even more. I just want more of it!

soldat7

Help!

I think my game is glitched. I'm trying to deliver the crown to Carlyle, but the guards won't let me pass. They've already parted and said I could go through, but I went around and grinded for a bit. Now that I'm ready to pay a visit to Carlyle, the guards are still apart, but they won't let me pass. Any tips? I'd hate for my game to end here...

Kafel

Banned
bump

Anyone still playing ? Games with items really became unfair since everyone knows all the powerful techniques. I hope GAF plays without them.

Also, CAPY I WANT THIS GAME ON VITA. PLEASE.

Gvaz

Banned
Just started playing this on PC, wat.

Why is this game so addicting. We never get these games on the pc :(

Top Bottom