• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Official Thread of Investigating and Pointing Fingers

jibblypop

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:
Kay's theme

This one is really perfect. My day job is making music for tv shows and crap like that (not a fun job) and when I heard this theme, I couldn't believe how perfect it was for the character.

Haunted

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Call me crazy, but I think Apollo Justice had my favorite soundtrack!
157lzzm_th.jpg

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Case two, looking over the windows: "The clouds, they tell me nothing"
Caste two, looking at an expensive object: "You'd need two jobs to afford that"

edit: easter eggs are non spoilered on this thread, so...

kiryogi

Banned
Music I think was on par with AA3, as charlequinn puts it, it's actually worked on by Iwadare. Definitely beyond 4 and 2 IMO. 4's was pretty mellow and blah in the end. AAI has pretty epic themes with the mix of miles/fran's theme. Not to mention it's probably the best "Announce the Truth" to date.

upandaway

Bitmap Frogs said:
Case two, looking over the windows: "The clouds, they tell me nothing"
Caste two, looking at an expensive object: "You'd need two jobs to afford that"
Nice spoiler there
I mean come on, you discovered it by yourself, let others do it too.

Omikaru

Finished this yesterday morning, and it's definitely one of my favourite AA games. My biggest fault with it is that it's too easy in places (pressing for info has always helped, but this game made where to present evidence a little too obvious). But as far as an Ace Attorney game goes, this one is full of really good fanservice. It's less of a continuation of the series, and more of a love letter to people who enjoyed the first three. Simply excellent. :D

I especially loved the soundtrack. Kay's theme, the Final Examination track and the Pursuit ~ Cornered theme are awesome, but the soundtrack as a whole is as good as PW1's and PW3's, easily.

Wizpig

Final case of the game; I already have a pretty solid idea of where this game should be in a AA Top 5, but I will comment in a "deeper" way once I'm done with the game.
Let's just say Apollo Justice did some smart things, even if the fanbase didn't like them, and this game doesn't.

Still, this game is Ace. (duh) and this series doesn't have a "weak" game overall.
Best new series this gen, followed by No More Heroes.
For now, I'm avoiding the thread because of spoilers.

Just found out the culprit in case 5.
Alba's transformation may be my favorite in the series. A fragile old man to a badass army veteran. This might be one of the most memorable "final bosses" in the series for me.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
TheCardPlayer said:
34oyhdk.gif

Lang Zi says: Not a chance!

Not chance for the game to have HIS favorite soundtrack... interesting..

I really love this game. Bought the Japanese one for my wife but I find it really hard to play in Japanese, poked around with it a bit.. But now I am killing the English version now.. Maybe my favorite one yet. The cases (so far I am finishing the
kidnapping
case now) aren't as good as the first 3 but they are well written... I just love the ivestigating system; it really reminds of the old point and click games of yesteryear

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Blackace said:
Not chance for the game to have HIS favorite soundtrack... interesting..

308w491.gif

2u5ckqs.gif

He may say that Apollo Justice has his favorite soundtrack. But does he have the evidence to back up his claim?

2s1mako.gif

For example, Announce The Truth 2009, is superior to the Apollo Justice version.

TAKE THAT!

Of course, it's subjective. As if, using a sprite in my post, didn't make it clear enough that I was playing.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Celeste Yew's Objection sounds like a man shouting. What the heck Capcom? :lol

Just beat it. I honestly felt like the final case was a dragging a bit by the end but I still loved it. Another excellent addition to the series.

I hope we hear a bit more about AA5 soon. As much as I like Edgeworth, I'd like to get back to defending innocents rather than accusing criminals (yes, I know you do both in both games, but still).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jintor said:
Yew's objection sound byte is made up for by the special Case 5 objection soundbyte.
But is discounted on the fact that Shi-Long doesn't have a "HOLD IT" soundbyte despite the fact he has the custom "NOT SO FAST" one. Really, they couldn't of recorded 2 sound bytes? I mean, if he only used it once or twice, ok, but he uses it every few minutes he is around.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Finished the game like, just right now.

It's definitely my second favourite of the series. They better implement the adventure style investigations into the main series, as it brings a breath of fresh air to the formula. Also, more Kay please.

Regulus Tera said:
Finished the game like, just right now.

It's definitely my second favourite of the series. They better implement the adventure style investigations into the main series, as it brings a breath of fresh air to the formula. Also, more Kay, 'kay.

Fixed

Sorry, I'm tired.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So I was playing this game, which wasn't translated so I got to play with the english translation so it makes me long for that translation in the other three games.

Checked amazon.co.uk, woah boy these are expensive.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
N4Us said:
I wish being able to present profiles was back.

I really liked this for some reason. I think it's because you would always get some interesting conversations/impressions from characters when presenting a profile. I even miss being able to present "yourself" to someone from JFA.

I just find the notion of the protagonist handing a picture of himself to a witness and asking, "what do you think of this?" to be humorous. :lol

Manaka

GuardianE said:
I really liked this for some reason. I think it's because you would always get some interesting conversations/impressions from characters when presenting a profile. I even miss being able to present "yourself" to someone from JFA.

I just find the notion of the protagonist handing a picture of himself to a witness and asking, "what do you think of this?" to be humorous. :lol

Same here - hearing what characters said about the shown profile helped fleshing out the characters talked about and the one responding to your question.

I'm in the middle of Case 3 right now and I'm pleasantly surprised how the lack of a courtroom doesn't feel like that much of a departure at all

Jintor

I think Case 2 was my overall favourite case, to be honest. Although Case 5 definitely ramped up the epic, but I think it was let down in a few, very small ways.

Besides, Case 2 had the epic moment. Come on. You know which bit I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the bit where Edgeworth suddenly gets like 20 logic bombs all at once as fat art idiot falls

I'm too scared to read posts after I saw a sprite (I don't want to know anything, however small), so I'll just say that I finished Case 4 just now...

OMG! I am so hyped to go the next case! I'm going to hold off until tomorrow, but...
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! OMG OMG OMG! What an awesome case! I have suspicions that I hope are right in the final case...:D

Sidzed2

Just started the fifth and final case, but so far this is clearly the least of all the Ace Attorney titles, unless the fifth case is amazingly better than the superb final case of Justice for All.

For me, the third-person investigations are really very good, and represent a clever evolution of the series' basic gameplay. This should become a series mainstay.

However, the characters, overarching story and structure aren't as compelling this go around. The lack of the courtroom robs the game of all drama and tension, and Edgeworth is still better as a side-character / anti-hero / foil than a lead character.

The game is also really easy for the most part.

For me, I say they should return to the Courtroom structure but keep the investigation segments. Also, bring back Klavier. I miss him.

jaxword

jibblypop said:
Has there been any word from Capcom if anything new in the Ace Attorney series is under development?

No, sadly. :(

But part of that crew IS working on Last Window, sort of a sequel to Hotel Dusk, so that may tide you over...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
jibblypop said:
Has there been any word from Capcom if anything new in the Ace Attorney series is under development?
Ever since the nebulous "GS5" comment in an earnings report a few years back? Nope.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
jaxword said:
No, sadly. :(

But part of that crew IS working on Last Window, sort of a sequel to Hotel Dusk, so that may tide you over...

Say what? Last Window (along with Hotel Dusk and Another Code series) is developed by Cing, which is an indy studio. It has no relation to Capcom as a subsidiary AFAIK.

In any case, isn't the producer and planner of the AA series working on a new game? Something with ghosts, maybe?

Case 3 is really blowing me away. I'm not finished with it yet, but the twists just keep on coming. The first two cases were great, but they really stepped things up in the third one. I need to find out how it ends.

TheChaos

Sidzed2 said:
Also, bring back Klavier. I miss him.

Ewww, no thanks. All the other games had gratifying moments where you totally floored the prosecuters and left them speechless.

I wanted to wipe that smug prettyboy look of his face soooooo many times, never got a chance to.

I'd like them to bring his older brother back.
That dude was hella nuts.

TheChaos said:
Ewww, no thanks. All the other games had gratifying moments where you totally floored the prosecuters and left them speechless.

I wanted to wipe that smug prettyboy look of his face soooooo many times, never got a chance to.

I'd like them to bring his older brother back.
That dude was hella nuts.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him again given (spoiler tags contain actual humongous 4-4 spoilers)
those five black Psyche Locks that were never explained.

jaxword

bernardobri said:
Say what? Last Window (along with Hotel Dusk and Another Code series) is developed by Cing, which is an indy studio. It has no relation to Capcom as a subsidiary AFAIK.

In any case, isn't the producer and planner of the AA series working on a new game? Something with ghosts, maybe?

Yeah, my bad, I got Ghost trick and Last Window mixed up.

Pity this means no AA5 for at least 2 years while GT is worked on...

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jintor said:
I think Case 2 was my overall favourite case, to be honest. Although Case 5 definitely ramped up the epic, but I think it was let down in a few, very small ways.

My problem with Case 5 was just that it didn't have any huge bombs like the final cases that always made the final case shine. Not all the plot twists have to do with murder to be so damn memorable.

Case 4, Ace Attorney 1:
Von Karma being the killer of Edgeworth's dad in the elevator
Case 4, Ace Attorney 2:
Engarde being a total douchebag
Case 5, Ace Attorney 3:
Iris being the girl that Phoenix Wright fell in love with
Case 4, Ace Attorney 4:
Trucy being Apollo's little sister

upandaway

Hcoregamer00 said:
My problem with Case 5 was just that it didn't have any huge bombs like the final cases that always made the final case shine. Not all the plot twists have to do with murder to be so damn memorable.

Case 4, Ace Attorney 1:
Von Karma being the killer of Edgeworth's dad in the elevator
Case 4, Ace Attorney 2:
Engarde being a total douchebag
Case 5, Ace Attorney 3:
Iris being the girl that Phoenix Wright fell in love with
Case 4, Ace Attorney 4:
Trucy being Apollo's little sister
Shih-na
almost gave me a heart attack. Did you forget about that or what?

Cep

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
I thought it was semi-predictable.
Still a HOLY SHIT moment the way it was revealed

Me too.

I saw it coming a mile away. Hell I suspected before the case even began.

The final villain is the only one that surprised me out of the entire game. And that was mainly because there was absolutely no way I could have predicted that one.

Cep said:
Me too.

I saw it coming a mile away. Hell I suspected before the case even began.

The final villain is the only one that surprised me out of the entire game. And that was mainly because there was absolutely no way I could have predicted that one.

It actually crossed my mind who the final villain might be but I had nothing to back it up until it was close to being revealed. All I knew was that it
HAD to be one of the ambassadors. I kept switching back and forth between the two until Lang said Alba called Fransizka in for something. That made me suspect him more than Paleno but I wasn't completely convinced until the flowers were mentioned.

Top Bottom