• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaire tries to get $829 via kickstarter to send daughter to RPG maker camp?

She's hip with the in crowd.

It's all just a matter of being able to sell it to people.

In reality:
FundHer ‏@FundHer 13 june
@AdvisHer I own http://AdviseHer.com , .org along w/ Twitter account @AdviseHer. Interested in buying? pic.twitter.com/kkaICfdmdr

FundHer ‏@FundHer 20 june
What do u think of Men's Wearhouse Founder being fired by BOD? It's why I can''t embrace equity financing. Wonder what @MichaelDell thinks?

FundHer ‏@FundHer 20 june
@MichaelDell Ur in town & my 9 yr old @GamerCEO is desperate to thank u LIVE 4 #DWEN & signed Alienware. Serendipity? pic.twitter.com/wXa0H63IzL

FundHer ‏@FundHer 7 june
@MichaelDell Be sure & log signed Alienware u sent Kenzie bc after #DWEN she's hell bent on changing the world w/it! YOU & @Dell ROCK. Thx!

In Susan's pitch: I'm a female internet entrepeneur, who exchanges business ideas with industry leaders such as Michael Dell on a near daily basis.

inm8num2

It's all just a matter of being able to sell it to people.

In reality:

In Susan's pitch: I'm a female internet entrepeneur, who exchanges business ideas with industry leaders such as Michael Dell on a near daily basis.

LOL yup. So transparent and pathetic, but probably effective.

Muku

She just wants to appear important. Though it's funny she's doing all the Tweeting and gets nothing back in response. Maybe this is what she wanted all along. To be part of the "in crowd. Though it's funny because looking at this, she's still on the outside trying to get in. Just now that she'd been helped by several folks now she thinks she knows them or something.

Also, I think maybe with this they've piled too much on the plate. Kenzie isn't going to maintain TWO websites when she has a game to put together. Susan doesn't seem all that interested in it either. She just wanted the connections. Maybe with some of that 25k they should hire a web person. Because those sites have stagnated. I mean if nothing else Truth and Trolls should be doing the updates if Susan doesn't feel like doing it on Kickstarter. Oh you backers... and wanting your updates. Silly people!

inm8num2

Website still says July 31 release.

http://www.truthandtrolls.com/

Can't wait for Susan to post a small message on twitter or on KS that the game is delayed because they need to switch to Unity to fully realize the scope of the game.

And she won't provide any details, but the backers will eat it up and say, "Can't wait for her new game! LOL!"

New stuff in the FundHer shop:

http://www.fundher.com/#!shop/c65s

Funny that Susan added this: "Our products are designed in house." Yes ofcourse, as if that wasn't obvious. :)

Susan's first STEM camp should be over now (was from July 22th to July 26th). It must've been an epic success, so I'm expecting videos and photos soon on Truthandtrolls.com. (a bad person would say: to cover up the lack of updates on the game.)

Daily white lie to make her look like she belongs to the in-crowd. :)

Meanwhile the game must be in beta now, right? Or at least in alpha. Right?

Susan is a gamer now.
wPXeW9q.jpg

She wasn't back in April...
nx5pd6y.jpg

kMUSyrM.jpg

stop being such a troll, foobarry81 ;)

Uh? I just showed you all that Susan is turning over to the GOOD side. She is now a gamer. She finally understands us. We can safely hand over our wallets to her.

Having said that (and on a more serious note) she's really testing my patience with the lack of updates. I want to know what she will come up with in 3 days.

Edit: A (considerable) part of me actually wants her to make this game. I don't necessarily want to see her lose face. She's already got the money, not much we can do about it other than trying to prevent her getting her hands on even more. If she wouldn't produce anything at all, it would just be a whole lot worse for her backers. So I sort of hope they will at least get something.

So I'm hoping that she will get a game out of the door. A terrible one, probably, but that was sort of a given beforehand. Either way the people who backed her are screwed, so I'm hoping they can at least laugh at the quality of the game or something...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The game comes out tomorrow! Where's all the hype? I've been standing in line at Best Buy for weeks now!

i hope we regulate crowd funding out of existence.

Why? For $24k of not even our own money, this project has been quite entertaining. ;-)

I don't necessarily want to get rid of crowd funding as such. In a lot of cases it can be really awesome. But services like Kickstarter should maintain stricter policies as to what is allowed and what isn't. They have a lot of experience by now in this matter, so they should be perfectly capable of filtering out non projects such as this one. Sadly enough, it seems the money is too good for them to simply say 'no' to the Susans of this world.

Parallacs

The game comes out tomorrow! Where's all the hype? I've been standing in line at Best Buy for weeks now!

Are you that guy with the red shirt? I'm in the orange tent about 30 people back.

You can come back and get some hotdogs we are cooking, but you might lose your spot in line.

It is pretty amazing that there are 1400 backers and there have only been three comments in the month that the game was scheduled to be released. 0.2% of the investors commented and one of the three is Joseph.

JakenBear

Neo Member
Anyone going to the Midnight launch at EB? I'm in Toronto. I'll save you a spot. This is my most anticipated game of the year! Also, did you guys update to the Uber Ultra DRM Free Digital Version? It comes on a CD...

I already pre-loaded on Steam. Counting down the hours...

Oh, and Susan is now in with P Diddy.

https://twitter.com/FundHer/status/361814584341962752

I think either she owns that theskimm site or one of her shady friends does. Just a pathetic attempt to drive traffic. And you are sort of helping her out here, inm8num2. You'd do anything to get her attention, wouldn't you? ;-)

Edit: also gotta love today's 9 year olds. Reading Yahoo! Finance and stuff: https://twitter.com/GamerCEO/status/362181804377128960

Vibranium

Banned
So who's making the GAF OT for Truth and Trolls, inm8num2 or foobarry81? We need all of Susan's well-thought out PR in the masterpost as well as the info about the specs requirements. Remember to note that it uses Steamworks and was the first game by a 9 year old EVER Greenlit! Susan and Kenzie have scheduled a meeting in Redmond with Gabe Newell to discuss this historic milestone. They are an inspiration to the women working at Valve and the games industry in general, Phil Fish could learn from them how to defeat the hateful comments by pathetic little monsters.

We'd better begin thowing out our title ideas, we have to get the ball rolling here.

Truth and Trolls [OT] Lost your money avoiding truth? Keep Up!
Truth and Trolls [OT] Susan's Art Factory
Truth and Trolls [OT] only the sweet comes from humanity
Truth and Trolls [OT] Kenzie is the decider now
Truth and Trolls [OT] 100% voluntary and trolls need not apply

Yeah, I'm an unoriginal troll, I shamefully stole quotes from Joseph's testament, how pollyanna of me. If you guys or the thread-maker have better ideas, post 'em here and you might get a free koozie!

By the way, have achievements been confirmed? I'm hoping that each one includes custom art by JCS or Lynn Hogan.

So who's making the GAF OT for Truth and Trolls, inm8num2 or foobarry81? We need all of Susan's well-thought out PR in the masterpost as well as the info about the specs requirements. Remember to note that it uses Steamworks and was the first game by a 9 year old EVER Greenlit! Susan and Kenzie have scheduled a meeting in Redmond with Gabe Newell to discuss this historic milestone. They are an inspiration to the women working at Valve and the games industry in general, Phil Fish could learn from them how to defeat the hateful comments by pathetic little monsters.

We'd better begin thowing out our title ideas, we have to get the ball rolling here.

Yeah, I'm an unoriginal troll, I shamefully stole quotes from Joseph's testament, how pollyanna of me. If you guys or the thread-maker have better ideas, post 'em here and you might get a free koozie!

By the way, have achievements been confirmed? I'm hoping that each one includes custom art by JCS or Lynn Hogan.

You have some great ideas yourself for an OT, it seems.

Yes, there will be achievements. Ofcourse!

I'm expecting an in-game auction house where you can bid on koozie DLC and the likes, probably also Keep Up! T-shirts that you can wear in-game! The bidding is with real money only, but 100% of the net profits of the auctions will obviously go to charity. One of the achievements will therefor be:

Truth and Trolls said:
Big spender! You have succesfully spent $829 at the Auction House. You Rock!

inm8num2

Another vote for Vibranium to make an OT...whenever the game comes out (the switch to Unity will require much more time and many more dollars).

Parallacs

It would be a crime to have joseph's testament but not include the word "manifest"

Truth and Trolls [OT] True Humanity Manifest: a 9 yr old vs Misogynists and Trolls in the land of STEM.

Vibranium

Banned
You have some great ideas yourself for an OT, it seems.

Yes, there will be achievements. Ofcourse!

I'm expecting an in-game auction house where you can bid on koozie DLC and the likes, probably also Keep Up! T-shirts that you can wear in-game! The bidding is with real money only, but 100% of the net profits of the auctions will obviously go to charity. One of the achievements will therefor be:

Thank you, my hype levels support my creativity. :)

Sounds totally awesome and it's not like the house can be abused anyways. I'm glad to see my money is going to help the people who need it.

It would be a crime to have joseph's testament but not include the word "manifest"

Truth and Trolls [OT] True Humanity Manifest: a 9 yr old vs Misogynists and Trolls in the land of STEM.

You're right, how could I have forgotten the most important piece of wisdom from Joseph, the magic of STEM is needed. Great OT idea!

DoucheVader

Neo Member
So is she evil for charging $40 for a $5 phone case?

You guys understand how the free market works right? You buy low and sell high. That mark up isn't really that uncommon distributor cost vs retail cost on good such as accessories has a very high markup.

You guys understand how the free market works right? You buy low and sell high. That mark up isn't really that uncommon distributor cost vs retail cost on good such as accessories has a very high markup.

It's extremely shady if you pretend on a crowd funding website that this phone case is your invention and that you can only introduce this much needed gadget to the world if people pay you $40 a piece for it.

Hi, you must be new to this topic.
If you could please check the opening post before making a post yourself?

Yeah, that would be greeeeeat.

Shosai

Banned
Uh? I just showed you all that Susan is turning over to the GOOD side. She is now a gamer. She finally understands us. We can safely hand over our wallets to her.

Having said that (and on a more serious note) she's really testing my patience with the lack of updates. I want to know what she will come up with in 3 days.

Edit: A (considerable) part of me actually wants her to make this game. I don't necessarily want to see her lose face. She's already got the money, not much we can do about it other than trying to prevent her getting her hands on even more. If she wouldn't produce anything at all, it would just be a whole lot worse for her backers. So I sort of hope they will at least get something.

So I'm hoping that she will get a game out of the door. A terrible one, probably, but that was sort of a given beforehand. Either way the people who backed her are screwed, so I'm hoping they can at least laugh at the quality of the game or something...

Let's be realistic, are her backer sincerely expecting to get a decent game out of this?

Let's be realistic, are her backer sincerely expecting to get a decent game out of this?

Probably not, and going by the (lack of) comments it doesn't even seem like they are expecting anything at all.

But it would be somewhat comforting to see (for me at least) when Susan would have had to put at least some effort into this whole thing and release something. And not just get away with the $24k with zero effort.

Shosai

Banned
Probably not, and going by the (lack of) comments it doesn't even seem like they are expecting anything at all.

But it would be somewhat comforting to see (for me at least) when Susan would have had to put at least some effort into this whole thing and release something. And not just get away with the $24k with zero effort.

So it would be comforting to you. Why? Did you put your money into this?

So it would be comforting to you. Why? Did you put your money into this?
Lol no. Have you not read any of my posts on here? :)

It would be comforting to know that people cannot get away completely with $24k without any effort and without any outrage among the people that actually put money in it.

So if she would provide a game, anything that ressembles a game really, at least the backers would've gotten what they asked for: a 9 year old's game. Otherwise they just got a lot of shit nobody ever wanted or needed (3 useless websites, some shady summer camps, koozies, T-shirts, ...)

efeman said:
Why is this thread still going?

The release of the game is tomorrow.

kevm3

Well at least one decent thing came out of this. I never knew about Manacrowd... On 'paper' it sounds nice with donees able to get money back theoretically, but I expect a whole lot of 'cooked books' on there.

Shosai

Banned
Lol no. Have you not read any of my posts on here? :)

It would be comforting to know that people cannot get away completely with $24k without any effort and without any outrage among the people that actually put money in it.

So if she would provide a game, anything that ressembles a game really, at least the backers would've gotten what they asked for: a 9 year old's game. Otherwise they just got a lot of shit nobody ever wanted or needed (3 useless websites, some shady summer camps, koozies, T-shirts, ...)

A bunch of people threw money into a questionable black hole, and they don't seem to care. You can't waste precious minutes of life caring on their behalf

A bunch of people threw money into a questionable black hole, and they don't seem to care. You can't waste precious minutes of life caring on their behalf

I know, but what's happening with this project is wrong in so many ways and I'd feel guilty just letting it slide too probably.

Edit: also it's pretty clear she will be coming back for more.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
When I was 10 years old, I made my first 'game'. I made it in Games Factory, and while an absolute mess, I enjoyed doing it.

I would love to show you guys, but it is unfortunately lost in time (probably for better than worse). The earliest game I still have access to was a game I left unfinished I worked on for the span of 8 hours, in Games Factory back when I was 14 and excited for Shadow the Hedgehog. It was among one of the first games I 'made' back when I was a kid and hadn't really studied anything at all but wanted to be 'creative' on a Saturday. Shadow the Hedgehog: Shadows of Destiny, utilizing only the very best sprites and music I found back on the Internet in 2005:

sodclips.gif

Download; http://bas.yagaboosh.com/downloads/SoD.zip

Now imagine the creative talent and how much more I could do with $24 thousand and almost 2000 people to see. People's early games will almost always be embarassing, but are important. You do stupid things, but you grow and learn, and are free to experiment and learn what it takes to make a game happen, even in its simplest forms. If this is all true, I hate how it might influence Kenzie and what lessons it might teach her about games and life in general.

Now imagine the creative talent and how much more I could do with $24 thousand and almost 2000 people to see. People's early games will almost always be embarassing, but are important. You do stupid things, but you grow and learn, and are free to experiment and learn what it takes to make a game happen, even in its simplest forms. If this is all true, I hate how it might influence Kenzie and what lessons it might teach her about games and life in general.

There is no point in imagining that you'd have $24K back then. No 9 or 10 year old should ever get $24K for making their first game.

And I doubt this "experience" will be anything else than tainted by her mother's greed to Kenzie. Because she had to change the story of her game to something that not even attempted to be a subtle nod to real life. Because she couldn't go on summer camp because of her mother's doings. Because her mother, completely clueless of game development, said that she'd have the game finished by the end of July, so if she actually worked on the game, it would've been forced upon her. Also, because of Susan's shenanigans, Kenzie has had to put up with other people interfering with was supposed to be her project.

The only thing that she got out of it is a free high end laptop really. Which she probably uses to play Facebook games most of the time. So I guess that sort of makes up for all of the rest.

Muku

I AM WAITING IN ANTICIPATION!!! THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!! Who is buying this for me on my birthday?! I know Susan is releasing it today as a gift to me!!!

LOL, I'm really not expecting it to release today. Or.. you know, next month.. or maybe ever...

inm8num2

The game is definitely not coming because it was never intended to come.

The KS was a springboard for Susan to get some attention and position herself at the forefront of women/kids in STEM/gaming. She's trying to brand herself like the little entrepreneur she is.

If the game comes out one day, it'll be the bare minimum effort.

tafer

The game is definitely not coming because it was never intended to come.

The KS was a springboard for Susan to get some attention and position herself at the forefront of women/kids in STEM/gaming. She's trying to brand herself like the little entrepreneur she is.

If the game comes out one day, it'll be the bare minimum effort.

I'm pretty sure they will come with something, if they didn't find someone to do it for free; for a few dollars, a lot of people is more than willing to make a game that passes for something a 9 year could build in a few months.

The last thing she'll want is to confirm the warnings of the so called "trolls".

inm8num2

I'm pretty sure they will come with something, if they didn't find someone to do it for free; for a few dollars, a lot of people is more than willing to make a game that passes for something a 9 year could build in a few months.

The last thing she'll want is to confirm the warnings of the so called "trolls".

Susan's "supporters" are deluded enough that they will accept whatever excuse she provides...eventually.

But few of them seem to even care. Susan got $25k and free publicity for her brand.

Game over. :(

Top Bottom