• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Vita Edition |OT| Sony dealt, 4J developed, Mojang owned, MS nothin'.

Darknight

I really wish I didnt buy MC on my US account and I havent even played it....wow and I just got all 3 versions free on my useless Euro account. Got DAYUM. This is a steal yet I paid for it lol.

I'd never do anything this disgusting because I'm not a filthy thief. However, if I did, I'd wager that downloading the PS3 demo isn't even necessary. A friend told me that you can just do steps 2, 3, and 4.

This "friend" sounds like someone you'd see in the mirror!

rpmboy

So I got the PS3 and Vita versions free today, but when I download the PS4 version it thinks it's a demo, despite saying it's the full game in the store? When I hit "Unlock Full Game" it takes me to the same store page which says Installed. (and there doesn't appear to even be a demo on the EU store?)

IMACOMPUTA

So I got the PS3 and Vita versions free today, but when I download the PS4 version it thinks it's a demo, despite saying it's the full game in the store? When I hit "Unlock Full Game" it takes me to the same store page which says Installed. (and there doesn't appear to even be a demo on the EU store?)

Congrats, you've unlocked Halflife 3.

Just a hunch, try restoring your licences then start it back up.

Zareka

I read it only worked with the PS3 and Vita versions. It would still show up as free for the PS4 but it would still only download the demo.

derExperte

http://savygamer.co.uk/2014/10/15/minecraft-ps3ps4ps-vita-free/

It seems that PSN is a little confused, and you don’t actually get the PS4 version with this even though it suggests you do. It is however available as a separate £3.69 upgrade purchase when you have the PS3 version. Additional instructions as follows:

Skyzard

Banned
Picked up this earlier (before the thievery) and I'm just as immersed as I thought I would be.

I was worried with reports of the framerate but I skipped the tutorial and seem to be settling in well enough. Just charging it back up now.

I had jury duty today and played this the whole time. Works really well on the Vita. I'm using the touch screen for item selecting a lot more than I thought I would. While there is definitely some hitching going on it seems to just be as the world draws in and not really a framerate thing. I think it runs really well actually.

I had jury duty today and played this the whole time. Works really well on the Vita. I'm using the touch screen for item selecting a lot more than I thought I would. While there is definitely some hitching going on it seems to just be as the world draws in and not really a framerate thing. I think it runs really well actually.

Wait what

Moobabe

I must have messed this up along the way somewhere:

I can't select the PS3 version of the game on the web store any more because it says I "Already own the Vita version."

When I load up the Vita version it clearly says "Trial" and "Unlock Full Game" on the main menu - but it says that it's eligible to unlock trophies?

Edit

Nope - this is the trial - I've messed up somewhere.

I must have messed this up along the way somewhere:

I can't select the PS3 version of the game on the web store any more because it says I "Already own the Vita version."

When I load up the Vita version it clearly says "Trial" and "Unlock Full Game" on the main menu - but it says that it's eligible to unlock trophies?

Edit

Nope - this is the trial - I've messed up somewhere.

You didn't mess up, the glitch has been "fixed" hours ago by making the PS3 version unavailable.

RalchAC

Was on offer on the EU store last night lol Grabbed PS3/4 and Vita versions for free.

Yeah, I got the game this way too.

I've never played Minecraft and I wasn't going to buy it for 18€. But for free... I guess I'll see what is that thing. Half the kids I take care of in my scout group talk non-stop about Minecraft. Now I won't feel old anymore lol.

The PS4 version wasn't part of the glitch, but by getting the Vita/PS3 versions for free, you are then able to get the PS4 version for only £3.69.

Yeah, I got the game this way too.

I've never played Minecraft and I wasn't going to buy it for 18€. But for free... I guess I'll see what is that thing. Half the kids I take care of in my scout group talk non-stop about Minecraft. Now I won't feel old anymore lol.

Same here, except replace scout group with little cousin haha.

I've played it a few times with him telling me what to do, but lets see if it clicks for me on my own.

RalchAC

The PS4 version wasn't part of the glitch, but by getting the Vita/PS3 versions for free, you are then able to get the PS4 version for only £3.69.

Same here, except replace scout group with little cousin haha.

I've played it a few times with him telling me what to do, but lets see if it clicks for me on my own.

Yeah, I've just started the tutorial so far. It's night right now, and I'm supposed to stay at home so zombies don't kick my ass. But I've gone outside and there are no zombie!!!

Yeah, I've just started the tutorial so far. It's night right now, and I'm supposed to stay at home so zombies don't kick my ass. But I've gone outside and there are no zombie!!!
Just you wait! I've been suprised by them without even noticing it before. Also, leave the tutorial! I did that first too, and after dying a few times I had to remember I was just in the tutorial, with everything laid out in font of you. I started a new game, and you start with n-o-t-h-i-n-g. I've made pretty decent progress so far. Leaving the safety of having everything mostly done in the tutorial is a big change..
This is my first Minecraft... any tips?
I'm a MC n00b also, and am doing somewhat ok I feel. I'd say to not be too connected to your first world, and jst go nuts with crafting and things, knowing what works and what doesn't. Also getting a good place to stay at night time is a plus. Once I got the general basics down, I've been doing nothing but building a house...it's taking me forever, but it's great practice. At night, I either sleep or mine below the house in my expanding caverns. Just lose yourself in it! Time just FLIES by when you play I've noticed..

GulAtiCa

For you Minecraft noobs, just do what I did, explore. :)

I originally built a little dirt house next to few caves and eventually explored the little area before expanding. You will get hang of everything soon enough. I'd get supplies, see what I could build, get more stuff, upgrade my house, start making rail tracks everywhere etc.

I originally built a little dirt house next to few caves and eventually explored the little area before expanding. You will get hang of everything soon enough. I'd get supplies, see what I could build, get more stuff, upgrade my house, start making rail tracks everywhere etc.
I need to start karting it around! I am too obsessed with building my house though. Soon, I will be done, and then I can actually start playing the game!

SmokyDave

Making rail tracks?!

Man, I really need to sink my teeth into this bad boy.

GulAtiCa

I need to start karting it around! I am too obsessed with building my house though. Soon, I will be done, and then I can actually start playing the game!

Making rail tracks?!

Man, I really need to sink my teeth into this bad boy.

It's so damn addicting! I've easily spent like 200 hours into the game since it launched on PS4.

I have rail system going everywhere! From just underground beneath my house, to a sky rail over the jungle to under water!
Underwater Railway: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=130711220&highlight=#post130711220
Jungle rail: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=132435812&highlight=#post132435812
Jungle Sky-Rail: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=130047152&highlight=#post130047152 (I set up some redstone to allow myself to set up how and where I go.)
T-Junction & little courtyard stop: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=133899290&highlight=#post133899290

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srFBVX7pXFw

this is something I'm working on now (giant castle on mountain): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134064431&highlight=#post134064431 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134245535&highlight=#post134245535

Rails are so costly in terms of iron to make though D:

Fixed the bit about the touch screen controls. There's no setting or mention of it in the controls menu whatsoever, which is what confused me.

Finding a whole bunch of abandon mines helps a lot. :)

Be careful dude
Miner+49er.gif

I'm new to the game as well, but found this video quite useful - it is a PC based guide but the main points he goes over will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK3rGb2a4jk

HTH

Edit Just found these episode guides which look promising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36...fs&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_959953
Just you wait! I've been suprised by them without even noticing it before. Also, leave the tutorial! I did that first too, and after dying a few times I had to remember I was just in the tutorial, with everything laid out in font of you. I started a new game, and you start with n-o-t-h-i-n-g. I've made pretty decent progress so far. Leaving the safety of having everything mostly done in the tutorial is a big change..

I'm a MC n00b also, and am doing somewhat ok I feel. I'd say to not be too connected to your first world, and jst go nuts with crafting and things, knowing what works and what doesn't. Also getting a good place to stay at night time is a plus. Once I got the general basics down, I've been doing nothing but building a house...it's taking me forever, but it's great practice. At night, I either sleep or mine below the house in my expanding caverns. Just lose yourself in it! Time just FLIES by when you play I've noticed..

I just got stuck in a cave system for ages and have now made it back to my little hut with 68 iron ore. I was ready to start my new life inside a cave there for a while, though.

SmokyDave

Am I missing something, or is there really no way to suicide / force respawn?

Gotta say, it's killing my desire to explore underground. Twice now I've had to spend forever digging myself out of a wall because I was totally lost.

no actual suicide control input, it's times like that when a lava bucket can come in handy. obvs stash away any stuff you might want to come back to out of harms way or else the ensuing lava flow will burn it.

SmokyDave

no actual suicide control input, it's times like that when a lava bucket can come in handy. obvs stash away any stuff you might want to come back to out of harms way or else the ensuing lava flow will burn it.
Fuck.

I'm now stuck halfway down a huge bottomless hole and the game is spasmodically skipping all over but without actually letting me fall to my death. Joy. I'm amazed there's no suicide button.

I always make sure to have an extra pickax with me so I can dig straight up with ease.
I've got one with me but it's no use as I can't move any closer to the wall. Pretty sure the game has just flat out crashed at this point. There's nothing above or below me to pick at.

Edit: Sorted it by quitting and rejoining (missus is hosting the game). It respawned me somewhere totally different.

I may or may not have jumped into the well at a village near my place in minecraft right when I started the game.

No pickaxe or shovel or anything

Had to break a stone while controlling how the character bobbed in the water just so I didn't drown

#Hardcoreminecraft

ShadiWulf

Fuck.

I'm now stuck halfway down a huge bottomless hole and the game is spasmodically skipping all over but without actually letting me fall to my death. Joy. I'm amazed there's no suicide button.

I've got one with me but it's no use as I can't move any closer to the wall. Pretty sure the game has just flat out crashed at this point. There's nothing above or below me to pick at.

Edit: Sorted it by quitting and rejoining (missus is hosting the game). It respawned me somewhere totally different.

You can just let it sit there for a while. You will eventually starve to death.

Top Bottom