• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge 2 pops up on Amazon Italy now

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
All signs pointing towards this being Xbone exclusive :(

assassin-s-creed-for-7ncni.gif

1253886001_office-no.gif

iammeiam

The question is made by dice or not. Wasn't this game appearing on a bunch of resumes like four years ago? Maybe it was cancelled until ms stepped in. Could be a bayo2 situation. Dumpster diving is the new exclusive shopping mart. I bet Sony got Nina: death by degrees 2.

If this means Beyond Good and Evil 2 actually eventually happens, I'd be fine with it.

ari

Banned
Looks lke Xbox 1 got some bombs to drop. Feel sorry for mirror edge fans not knowing about this beforehand and going to tune in to the presser to only be blown away.

DRM or not, the games will most definetly be there. Might want to adjust accordingly gaffers.

Protome

If it's exclusive it'll only be temporary.
ME didn't sell very well across 3 systems which all had large install bases, it'll bomb even worse on a console with absolutely no install base yet then get ported at very least to PC.

I never understood how people managed to play Mirrors Edge on a gamepad.

Ceebs

If I can't play it on PC I don't want it EA.

Trying to play the original with a controller is the equivalent of trying to play a RTS with a a Kinect.

What signs are those, exactly?

Exactly. Might be exclusive but a little soon to confirm. Plus, since the other thread linked a Eurogamer report about PS4 camera being bundled with each PS4 there is hope Mirror's Edge 2 will work with both the Kinect 2 and new Eye toy.

And by hope I mean despair.

As much as I want Mirror's Edge 2 you just know they will A to Awesome it.

• Fucking Deadmau5 soundtrack
  • Season Pass.
  • Esurance keeps making the cutscenes.
  • preorder mini Gatling Gun

Mirror's Edge may be my favorite game this gen but if it's exclusive for the X1 then they can keep it. I will never buy that console.

ekim

They still share a database I´m sure.

Or do you think those are in fact 2 completely separate companies?

depends on your definition. Amazon Germany == Amazon.de GmbH (including Amazon Austria and Switzerland) which is independent form Amazon.it to some degree. Both are part of Amazon EU S.a.r.l which is a subsidiary of Amazon.com inc.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Xbox exclusive? No thank you.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Guys xbone is going to have exclusive games. Stop complaining in every thread about it or you are going to look bitter when it's announced.

Gbraga

If I can't play it on PC I don't want it EA.

Trying to play the original with a controller is the equivalent of trying to play a RTS with a a Kinect.

Really? I still didn't start my PC playthrough, but I thought it controlled fine with the controller. I was even thinking about using it for my PC playthrough.

Well, to be fair I did think FPS games were fine using controllers and now I just can't.

UberTag

If it's exclusive, especially for the Xbone, then they can keep it...
There's always the off-chance it's just Xbox-exclusive and will also be on X360.
Granted, if it's taking advantage of Kinect 2.0 functionality that's a dubious prospect at best.

At least 2 EA exclusives is a pretty big deal if true.

Commitment to a modern DRM strategy could already be paying off for MS.

I bet ME2 would only be the tip of the 3rd party exclusives though.

bebop242

my son will be crushed if its a xbone exclusive, but it still won't get me to buy a xbone if all those online and kinect requirements are true.

The question is made by dice or not. Wasn't this game appearing on a bunch of resumes like four years ago? Maybe it was cancelled until ms stepped in. Could be a bayo2 situation. Dumpster diving is the new exclusive shopping mart. I bet Sony got Nina: death by degrees 2.

That would make me very happy.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Guys xbone is going to have exclusive games. Stop complaining in every thread about it or you are going to look bitter when it's announced.

Yeah, remember last week it was "it has no games!" now they might get an exclusive to a beloved gaf game and everyone is "please dont be on xbox!" haha

Camp Lo

Banned
Not enough for me to buy the system, and this is coming from a fan of the original.

If this is the direction they're going, this is damn well worth it to me; this is my Bayonetta 2. MS, lemme see an exclusive Bully 2 and I'll preorder Xbone right now.

Nakayumi

Excited to hear ME2 may finally see the light of day, but I'm not gonna buy an Xbone over it. An exclusive deal between Microsoft and EA sounds like an arrangement straight out of hell to me, no matter what game comes out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they emphasize shooting elements in the second game to cater to the typical dude-bro public both companies so lovingly embrace.

In addition, I wonder if making it an exclusive would be profitable in the first place. I mean, the first game came out on three platforms but sales were abysmal. It seems very unlikely that the second one will do much better as an exclusive.

So there are complaints the MS ignores "core" gamers and they have no games and their exclusives are crap. Potentially good exclusive games get announced and it's the most awful thing ever?

Li'l help here, please.

Top Bottom