• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge 2 pops up on Amazon Italy now

Fabrik

Banned
If it's exclusive, that's totally evil on Microsoft's part. Getting an original and non-dudebro exclusive just to lure the most hardcore of hardcore gamers and then ignoring them for the following six years lol.

Marcel

In addition, I wonder if making it an exclusive would be profitable in the first place. I mean, the first game came out on three platforms but sales were abysmal. It seems very unlikely that the second one will do much better as an exclusive.

Yep. Small but vocal fanbases don't equal big dollars. As a Shenmue fan, I know this better than most.

If this ends up being part of MS and EA's partnership I'm gonna lose my shit, I had no plans of grabbing an XBone for at least 2 years....

But if it's a kinect "experience" I'll pass and hate EA for forcing an arm waving simulator

I think Mirror's Edge 2 is a perfect example of "Be careful what you wish for." I can totally see EA messing this up by making it Xbone Kinect exclusive or tossing in way too much shooting and combat in it. I don't have much faith with sequels when it comes to EA.

Marcel

So there are complaints the MS ignores "core" gamers and they have no games and their exclusives are crap. Potentially good exclusive games get announced and it's the most awful thing ever?

Li'l help here, please.

I think it's actual image problem that MS needs to fix when people are saying "Xbone exclusive? No thanks." It might be sour grapes for some, sure, but when you already have an actual image problem with cause, it doesn't help matters.

Camp Lo

Banned
I think Mirror's Edge 2 is a perfect example of "Be careful what you wish for." I can totally see EA messing this up by making it Xbone Kinect exclusive or tossing in way too much shooting and combat in it. I don't have much faith with sequels when it comes to EA.

iseewhatyoudidthere

I don't see them adding some extra gunplay to this game but that Kinect bullshit... Damn that's going to be a deal breaker for me.

SparkTR

In addition, I wonder if making it an exclusive would be profitable in the first place. I mean, the first game came out on three platforms but sales were abysmal. It seems very unlikely that the second one will do much better as an exclusive.

These deals (or at least the Mass Effect/KOTOR ones) work out majorly in the publishers favor. Basically Microsoft gives a massive cheque to EA for exclusivity, then in addition to that EA gets the revenue for the exclusive release, then after a certain amount of time EA can can release the game on other platforms (Origin, possibly PS4) and get that revenue as well.

It seems like a easy way to cash out on a small brand.

large-salt-pile.jpg

Mirror's Edge was one of the best games of the generation, a worthy sequel would be a system seller for me.

I'll bet you my 360 library (including Outrun) that I won't get anywhere near that anti-consumer tripe.

I assume the same will go for the PS4 then too.

Riposte

Hmmm, could be real good. I just hope it isn't Kinect dependent.

Guys it is time to grow up and stop being babies about exclusives. Come on already. We are entering port begging territory.

Sony fanboys can get so salty.

I'm happy this game is coming out as I plan to buy every console, though probably none at launch.

Very excited for the possibility of Mirrors Edge 2, loved the first one and im not bothered about it possibly being XBO exclusive. Im in

abadguy

Banned
Because it's Mirror's Edge. And it will probably be be Kinect centric.

They seem to be pushing "controller x Kinect" angle pretty hard so i don't see it being Kinect centric if it's exclusive. Never got to play the original beyond the demo, what little i did play was pretty fun but i heard the game kinda fell apart in the latter half.

Fantastic exclusive if true, but the Kinect only thing is scary. Hard to imagine anyway that Kinect improves the experience at all, even as used in addition with the controller.

They seem to be pushing "controller x Kinect" angle pretty hard so i don't see it being Kinect centric if it's exclusive. Never got to play the original beyond the demo, what little i did play was pretty fun but i heard the game kinda fell apart in the latter half.

I doubt any established franchises will become Kinect-centric. This is just a narrative pushed by people invested in trashing anything XBOX related.

Kinect games are Kinect games. I doubt they'll make Gears of War 4 Kinect-centric. If Mirror's Edge 2 is X1 exclusive, it wouldn't surprise me if it's controller based but also have Kinect functionality. And with the obviously very-much-improved Kinect 2.0 it could actually be fun if done right.

Top Bottom