• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
AH7502_01.jpg

AS8212_01.jpg

these are the actual uniforms
6j1tCgM.png

4QULwqU.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They're suppose to be personalized? Yet they all look the same.

They're completely different. See how Cain's name is green? Different.

Fighters who complained are going to see trucks filled with those royalty dollars just roll in any day now. Who among us won't be lining up to buy dozens of them for $95 a pop?

What should we do for our Ronda Rousey Reebok shirt? I dunno, how about a picture of Ronda Rousey wearing a Reebok shirt?

Conor McGregor looks like he's trying to figure out where his life went wrong.

This feels like another case of the UFC overestimating their reach. You can't spent 10 years cultivating your brand as one that is associated with shitty metal music and bro culture and then expect to turn around and sell "fight kits". Nobody is going to buy this shit.

I don't get the idea of having uniformity in an individual sport. Would golf be better served if Tiger Woods dressed like everyone else? What about tennis and Serena Williams? Or boxing and Money Mayweather? I don't get where they got the idea that this would be a good idea. This isn't team sports where people root for the laundry. You should want guys to stand out in anyway they can.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I don't get the idea of having uniformity in an individual sport. Would golf be better served if Tiger Woods dressed like everyone else? What about tennis and Serena Williams? Or boxing and Money Mayweather? I don't get where they got the idea that this would be a good idea. This isn't team sports where people root for the laundry. You should want guys to stand out in anyway they can.

You're right! This reeks of communism and is downright un-american!

They want to be the NFL, Dana wants it badly.

zsswimmer

Its so terrible that it's fantastic. I can't wait to see the aftermath if the UFC and Reebok manage to admit the astronomical waste of money these lame ass shirts are.

Wasn't it like $50m+ for the deal? Highway robbery

-MD-

Its so terrible that it's fantastic. I can't wait to see the aftermath if the UFC and Reebok manage to admit the astronomical waste of money these lame ass shirts are.

Wasn't it like $50m+ for the deal? Highway robbery

70 million for a 6 year deal.

No clue what UFC was thinking, that's an awful deal for them. Reebok made out like bandits.

zsswimmer

$70m... wow, a company was paid 70m for that. I can't even hate Reebok for managing to grab that much money from another company and handing back pure shit

Wonder if the UFC doubles down on this or what? The next few days should bring some great twitter posts and objections

-MD-

$70m... wow, a company was paid 70m for that. I can't even hate Reebok for managing to grab that much money from another company and handing back pure shit

Wonder if the UFC doubles down on this or what? The next few days should bring some great twitter posts and objections

Well it's the other way around, Reebok paid the UFC $70 million in return for their fighters wearing these outfits and removing other sponsors from the cage.

A lot of the fighters are taking huge losses from losing their sponsors, that 70 million just isn't enough to go around.

dream

See, this is why we need to get behind Bellator. Scott Coker knows that human cockfighting is just glorified pro wrestling, and has no aspirations beyond that.

zsswimmer

Well it's the other way around, Reebok paid the UFC $70 million in return for their fighters wearing these outfits and removing other sponsors from the cage.

A lot of the fighters are taking huge losses from losing their sponsors, that 70 million just isn't enough to go around.

Oh yeah I dont know why I thought reebok was being paid

brentech

I'm surprised they let that woman do the presentation. She really didn't seem to know anything about...well, anything. I'm sure she's a designer, but that doesn't make a good presenter for MMA apparel, never mind that it all looks the same and generic as fuck (in general).

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
For once I agree with him.

Nothing I enjoy more than somebody who beats a few years off of another man's life for money and entertainment then getting on the microphone to talk about how much Jesus wanted him to concuss that dumb bastard.

Well, except the guy who said he felt like god when he drank his opponent's blood. That guy took it to a new level, and maybe it's better that we retire it now that we've reached peak jesus in post-fights.

Fitts

Missed the fight kit stuff while I was at work today. Playing catch up and laughing my ass off right now. Couldn't have imagined it being this bad.

Thomas Lawlor and Giblert Melendez are killing it on Twitter.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
May I just say, welcome to all our new friends who are actively participating in the thread.

If the UFC just keeps making colossal fuckups, we might get to thread 7 before UFC closes their doors via a series of smaller less noticeable fuckups.

Top Bottom