• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Catching up and this Reebok deal looks like its legit broken Conner
6j1tCgM.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Look on the bright side, a giblert jersey would make an excellent, if not super expensive, white elephant gift.

Finally got a better look at the uniforms. The champ outfits have a trash bag like quality about them.

This whole hullabaloo has really made me reverse my opinion on focus testing and getting too many opinions on a subject. It's like UFC just winged it through this entire ordeal and never stopped to get any fans or fighters thoughts on anything. UFC wants to be a major professional sports organization but it's sure not run like one. I'm wondering if a major change in management is in order?

Also, from a labor relations standpoint these past few months have been a fascinating study in how much an employer can expect of a person and retain their services as an independent contractor and not a salaried employee.

Edit: now I have a banner ad for Nick Catone MMA and Fitness Center

painey

Dana is a person who, in real, normal life, would have no friends. No one would want to hang around him. He is enabled to be such an idiot due to his connections and money, it's really rather sad.

Heel

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
BREAKING: Jose Aldo​ pulls out of UFC​ 189. Conor McGregor​ will now fight Chad Mendes for interim title.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

FUME5

This, uh, actually works for me. Given the time difference my local wouldn't have been showing it.

If McGregor loses though...there goes that cash cow.

Yaari

I always enjoy watching Conor fight but this does blow after all the build-up. If Mendes derails the hypetrain then the Aldo fight won't feel the same either. Bleh.

Heel

Conor will join Dana when Chad Money detaches him from our world inside of 3 rounds, fulfilling my prophecy. Your new champion, as told roughly 7 years ago.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Money man will destroy Potato man. No one will care about a Mendez/Aldo fight once he's back. Aldo lost a shit ton of money with this fight plus the inevitable rematch.

Yaari

interim title wtf??? aldo hasnt been out long

Would be complicated if they didn't do that. Interim title makes it seem more significant than it is. Now they can still promote it as a title fight.

Also not sure it could be the main event at all, when Rory vs Lawler is on there as an actual title fight as well.

It shouldn't be an interim title fight but it's for the better, as far as I'm concerned. I don't buy the winner as a champ though.

Heel

Why wouldn't you book that bum Frankie as the back-up man? Mendes may be your worst option when it comes to any future intrigue. He will absolutely emasculate Conor.

Chesskid1

Banned
i've noticed UFC has always been very hesistant to give out an interim title, usually only as a last resort when the champ has been injured multiple times and has been out like ~2 years.

now they instantly give it out, when aldo has only been out for like 8 months and his injury is not that serious (since he almost fought)

Sean

Banned
Horrible style matchup especially with just 11 days notice, Conor is gonna get absolutely destroyed.

I see this going down just like Cormier vs Rumble fight (same exact situation and everything). If Conor can't get the early KO he's in deep shit.

Connor isnt very pleased on all these pics. MAybe he realized how much money hes going to lose for wearing that shit.

Edit: Money Mendes is a real threat and a completely different fighter than Aldo. This is going to be great,

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Dana is so upset all he can do is smile.
Psychotic lapse, IMO. Dana has left our world.
Conor looks like a man who just saw his employer take a few hundred grand from him.
LMAO.
Would be complicated if they didn't do that. Interim title makes it seem more significant than it is. Now they can still promote it as a title fight.

Also not sure it could be the main event at all, when Rory vs Lawler is on there as an actual title fight as well.

It shouldn't be an interim title fight but it's for the better, as far as I'm concerned. I don't buy the winner as a champ though.
Heavier title fights are "meant" to be main events over lighter ones too. I think they should introduce five round co-mains and forget the whole hierarchy system, seeing as they have to twist around it half the time.
Why wouldn't you book that bum Frankie as the back-up man? Mendes may be your worst option when it comes to any future intrigue.
My thoughts exactly. Maybe Edgar was keen and ready to go whilst Mendes said he was sick or injured but would still take the fight if they needed him to.

dream

Connor isnt very pleased on all these pics. MAybe he realized how much money hes going to lose for wearing that shit.

PPV cut too. What right-thinking liberal would pay $59.99 for Connor vs. Mendes? That's an Ultimate Fighter Finale-level main event.

iddqd

Terrible, terrible idea.
As much as I want to see Connor fight, NOT LIKE THIS!

Just let us keep the blue balls and wait 2 months.

This is such a high risk.. its crazy..

Top Bottom