• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

I can't believe there's a card tomorrow. Poirier vs. TKZ just cannot be a boring fight.

I can't say I get excited to see Jeremy Stephens. Actually I confuse him with Joe Stevenson every time his name comes up.

Nice to see Maldonado back at it. I enjoy his boxing. Where the fuck is Stanislav Nedkov? They were supposed to fight months back.

Also, Cody McKenzie. Neat.

But most importantly...who will Tom Lawlor dress as at weigh ins?

SteveWD40

Wilkes was notable for his clinic on Demarques Johnson and fuck all else really, he didn't like fighting as far as I could tell and only went on TUF to promote his gym.

He trained under Erik Paulson though, who I think is awesome.

Heel

I haven't felt this bad since Heel joined an e-fed.

Vq5yK.gif

what is an e-fed?

NeoGAF wrestling fanatic G-Fex has created a video game wrestler in the likeness of Fedor and will be pitting him against other video game wrestlers he has created in the likeness of other NeoGAF users and will be streaming this and commentating on it.

I shit you not. And you're all coming with me for my safety.

NeoGAF wrestling fanatic G-Fex has created a video game wrestler in the likeness of Fedor and will be pitting him against other video game wrestlers he has created in the likeness of other NeoGAF users and will be streaming this and commentating on it.

I shit you not. And you're all coming with me for my safety.

I've actually watched that stream before... Don't judge me.

TheNatural

My Member!
Believe it or not, I watched PRIDE 1 the past couple days, wow holy shit was the first one boring. Some sumo wrestler in a pair of dress pants complete with belt beat former WWE wrassler Nathan Jones with a keylock. LOL.

I'm becoming a masochist I think. I've also been playing Commandos since the whole series was on sale for $3 on Steam yesterday. Holy fucking shit this game is hard.

Heel

Believe it or not, I watched PRIDE 1 the past couple days, wow holy shit was the first one boring. Some sumo wrestler in a pair of dress pants complete with belt beat former WWE wrassler Nathan Jones with a keylock. LOL.

I'm becoming a masochist I think. I've also been playing Commandos since the whole series was on sale for $3 on Steam yesterday. Holy fucking shit this game is hard.

PRIDE 10 and beyond is undeniable. They had definitely hit their stride by that point. Not that there isn't a fair share of great fights before that, e.g. Vovchanchyn vs. Bueno.

TheNatural

My Member!
Hahahaha what the fuck was Lawlor impersonating there? KFC bucket on head with a white whatever over his face.

EDIT: Oh buckethead, I don't know much about him.

MjFrancis

I'm looking forward to this FuelTV card more than the last UFC PPV. The Korean Zombie and Cowboy have never disappointed me in anything they've done.

Heel

MiddleEasy issued an excuse apology about the Lana/Ronda thing. Cesar is supposed to give Nick's side of the story today.

I'd like to apologize to Braulio Estima for this misunderstanding and my accusations. I do have terrible hearing but I wasn't the only person that thought he had said "Ronda." Someone next to me said, "Rousey."

So I asked Estima, "Ronda Rousey saw you weigh in?"

Simple miscommunication.

So I apologize also for bringing Ronda Rousey into the picture. I would never intentionally start a rumor about anyone or drag someone into a situation just to try and make someone else look better or worse...

Everything that I said or posted was in reference to what I was being told by the GracieFighter camp, and apparently, they were just as misinformed as I was.

This being the reason for my questions during the media scrum about the weigh in situation, stemming from an unorganized promotion and the lack of communication between all parties involved, including myself.

As far as my support for the Cesar Gracie Camp goes...

I've always said that I'm not a reporter, just a videographer trying to bring you cool stuff to watch.

I'll always be a fan, and not just of the Gracie Camp, but of all fighters and this sport.

I try to get as much information for you guys during times when information is impossible to get, but it's only comes back to bite me in the ass, so I've decided to take a step back, and let things run their own course.

Which includes NOT covering Nick's NSAC hearing next week, or anything else involving his career.

I also ask that you please refrain from holding a grudge against anyone at MiddleEasy.com or the site itself.

They we're only posting what I was relaying to them.

I wish everyone involved the best of luck in their future endeavors and I apologize again to Braulio Estima for any inconvenience I may have caused you with the things I've posted or said.

Sincerely, Michael "LayzieTheSavage" Mardones

Thanks to everyone who still supported me during this time!

Griggs is known for crazy brawls, so of course you put him against a guy who can take him down at will, and won't gain anything from beating him.

Heel

Griggs is known for crazy brawls, so of course you put him against a guy who can take him down at will, and won't gain anything from beating him.

Sometimes I want to cut Joe Silva some slack because he has a lot of things to juggle and the intended match up doesn't always come to fruition. This isn't one of those times. Griggs vs. Mr. Wonderful is awful booking.

Give me Griggs vs. Nedkov.

Give me Griggs vs. Teixeira.

Hell give me Griggs vs. Bonnar.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
My guess is it's viewed as an easy fight intended to build Davis back up. But this neglects the fact that Davis has looked really bad for several fights in a row now, and that Griggs has demonstrated in the minor leagues that he can actually hang with wrestlers. I don't think it's that horrible of a matchup actually, if only because I think Davis is actually not that good. Then again Griggs looked horrible last fight too but he was just so undersized at HW.

Top Bottom