• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

kassatsu

Banned
Kyoufu said:
In MHP2, The pig will give you more rewards at the end of a quest if you can make it happy.

Judging by that pic, nobody will be getting any extra loot. :p
Mine is the watermelon costume as it is far superior.

Tenbatsu

New Monster Hunter
35lcc8z.jpg

Yes Boss!

Perhaps a silly question but I'm not too familiar with the series. Are Monster Hunter G and Monster Hunter 3 playable as a solo experience?

Kyoufu

Yes Boss! said:
Perhaps a silly question but I'm not too familiar with the series. Are Monster Hunter G and Monster Hunter 3 playable as a solo experience?

Playable yes. Enjoyable? Hardly. MH was designed for multi-player. You'd be missing 90% of the enjoyment if you went at it solo.

Yes Boss!

Kyoufu said:
Playable yes. Enjoyable? Hardly. MH was designed for multi-player. You'd be missing 90% of the enjoyment if you went at it solo.

Ok, that is good enough for me. I just didn't know if it was multi-player only. Thanks for the response.

SumGamer

Kyoufu said:

I think of it as SP is actually challenge mode. It's more challenging that way.

Yes Boss!

SumGamer said:
I think of it as SP is actually challenge mode. It's more challenging that way.

I'm making this summer Monster Hunter Season and I've got Monster Hunter G arriving in a few weeks followed by Monster Hunter Freedom Unite then Tri. I'm a virgin to the series and will be just playing by myself. Sounds like I'll get some milage.

Teknoman

Yes Boss! said:
I'm making this summer Monster Hunter Season and I've got Monster Hunter G arriving in a few weeks followed by Monster Hunter Freedom Unite then Tri. I'm a virgin to the series and will be just playing by myself. Sounds like I'll get some milage.

Got a PS3 with PSP wireless connect ability? I recently snagged MH2:Freedom on clearance was only one...but had to snag it, and its amazing, but would be alot better with 3 other hunters to take down huge monsters. 1up describes it best in their review:
You don't need friends. But it sure is good to have some.

Also I think there are some missions and treasures you cant access unless you have more than one party member (like PS:p).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
cw_sasuke said:
Just read about the new stamina system for monster in mh tri, sounds really nice. Attack paterns now changes depending on the stamina left for the monster. for example they won't be able to use skills fire breath if they fought already for a specific time. If they are low on stamina, they will try to regain their stamina by eating smaller creatures.

so awesome - can't wait for mh tri :D
that sounds awesome.

they are really trying to make a believable eco-system for tri.

birdchili

Error said:
that sounds awesome.

they are really trying to make a believable eco-system for tri.
has *any* game ever done this even half-decently? always felt that this kind of thing would be a huge boon for believable world-creation in 3d games, but i'm not sure it's ever been done. it's a fantastic idea if they can pull it off.

kinda unrelated but that fake MH4 pic reminded me, does anyone have a high-res version of the cover art for MHG Wii? Its the pic in the top left corner of that fake of Rathian blowing fire at a hunters shield.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
birdchili said:
has *any* game ever done this even half-decently? always felt that this kind of thing would be a huge boon for believable world-creation in 3d games, but i'm not sure it's ever been done. it's a fantastic idea if they can pull it off.
they are sure getting closer to my dream MH game. The next thing in the list would be totally seamless areas, and destructible environments.

I'm glad they added a swimming mechanic, too. Though, I'm a bit skeptical on that... Waiting to see how it controls.

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
kinda unrelated but that fake MH4 pic reminded me, does anyone have a high-res version of the cover art for MHG Wii? Its the pic in the top left corner of that fake of Rathian blowing fire at a hunters shield.

Which one do you fancy? The regular, or the bundle box?

Can't decide? Have both! :D

3361380419_02d33c8eef_o.png

3362198382_7f74620f51_o.png

Boss Man

Looks nice, glad to see the PS2 is still kickin'!

Kidding. It actually does look rather good. With the right effort (SMG, MH3), the Wii's graphics seem to have a nice soft look.

Hero of Legend said:
Which one do you fancy? The regular, or the bundle box?
Shoot I should have specified, not the actual box-art but the art thats on the front of the box. In other words a clean version I could turn into a poster.

Thanks for going out of your way to post the high-res covers though. :)

Monster Hunter is 15+ in Japan? I'd always imagine these games wouldn't be as questionable content heavy.

StateofMind said:
Looks nice, glad to see the PS2 is still kickin'!

Kidding. It actually does look rather good. With the right effort (SMG, MH3), the Wii's graphics seem to have a nice soft look.

Pretty much. I actually prefer these graphics then the PS3/360/PC graphics. It's similar to preferring or equally enjoying the look of the really detailed SNES games (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI) over the 2D games on the PSX and Saturn.

I downloaded adhoc party 4 days ago and been fucking glued to my psp ever since. Freedom 2 is so much fun now that i can actually kill G level stuff.

Im afraid unite will split the English user base though. I really dont want to start over.

So what is new aside from more monsters and areas? Do we know yet? Is the cat partner introduced in 2G in it?

Defuser

Gamer @ Heart said:
I downloaded adhoc party 4 days ago and been fucking glued to my psp ever since. Freedom 2 is so much fun now that i can actually kill G level stuff.

Im afraid unite will split the English user base though. I really dont want to start over.

So what is new aside from more monsters and areas? Do we know yet? Is the cat partner introduced in 2G in it?
1)There's no such thing as G rank quest in Freedom 2. Only in Unite/2G
2)Don't worry,you can import your Freedom 2 save to Unite.
3)New monsters,new areas,new weapons,new armor,new type of quest and of course the cat partner.

Defuser said:
1)There's no such thing as G rank quest in Freedom 2. Only in Unite/2G
Monsters in HR $ and above quests are harder and drop higher quality weapons. Thats what G rank is to me and others i know.
Is this 100% confirmed? I heard there was only a small save file hack required to do it.
3)New monsters,new areas,new weapons,new armor,new type of quest and of course the cat partner.What kind of quests? ANy details?
^

Wehrwolf

Monster Hunter is 15+ in Japan? I'd always imagine these games wouldn't be as questionable content heavy.

There's more blood in the Japanese versions of the game, at least for the PSP ones (never played the US version of the first Monster Hunter on PS2)

Is this 100% confirmed? I heard there was only a small save file hack required to do it.

100% confirmed for the Japanese version at least; MHP2G let you import your MHP2 character with only some very few losses of the very highest-end stuff, and even in that case, it gave your character money for the items it 'stole'.

Defuser

100% confirmed. The reason for a save hack because players wanted to use their Freedom 2 save on Portable2G but only Portable 2 save is allowed so players convert their freedom 2 save into portable 2 save.

New type of quest is a Marathon quest,which mean you will slay 3 different monster in a single quest. But each monster don't drop parts or when carved. You will get only mega potion to prepare you for the next monster.

Defuser said:
100% confirmed. The reason for a save hack because players wanted to use their Freedom 2 save on Portable2G but only Portable 2 save is allowed so players convert their freedom 2 save into portable 2 save.

New type of quest is a Marathon quest,which mean you will slay 3 different monster in a single quest. But each monster don't drop parts or when carved. You will get only mega potion to prepare you for the next monster.

Wow. How are the rewards affected?

It makes me mad that they took out the weapons they added in portable/freedom 2. It just screams a 3 G edition and that pisses me off. Limiting content for the inevitable expansion to seem like a better offer so we can buy it again.

Tenbatsu

Gamer @ Heart said:
It makes me mad that they took out the weapons they added in portable/freedom 2. It just screams a 3 G edition and that pisses me off. Limiting content for the inevitable expansion to seem like a better offer so we can buy it again.
Har?

Regulus Tera said:
When does the MH3 demo (with bonus MHG!) come out, again?
23rd this month.

Tenbatsu

sammy said:
shweeeet, i ordered mine along with MHG (mostly for the 3 demo and controller) !!

does anyone have a high res pic of Unite's sweet boxart?
I ordered MHG limited edition too!:D
The artbook is cool, it even includes some Monster Hunter 3 Tri CG artwork.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I don't suppose there's gonna be any compatibility at all between PSP and Wii versions of MH?

I'll be quite happy to start over on MH3, but it'd be nice to know if I'm gonna go crazy and import MHG Wii for the demo/controller/novelty value!

Top Bottom