• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Linkup

A wallpaper of that scene at the end of the commercials with the four standing on the cliff with their back to you would be awesome.

Tenbatsu

goods_other_img85.jpg

Erm...Monster Hunter 3 Tri Snack.

Tenbatsu

In this issue of Famitsu, Moga Village is shown.

Important people in the Village
- Village Chief
- Village Chief's Son

Moga Village is divided into:
- My House
- Quest Counter
- Farm
- Dining Area
- Item Shop
- Armor/Weapon Shop
- Port (Hunting Boat and Trading Boat)
- Moga Forest (?)

You can arrange your hair style too but the scans are too small to see the details. There is also a section on ChaCha.

Plus you can carry your save data around via wiiremote, to a friend's place etc.

Eteric Rice

Tenbatsu said:
In this issue of Famitsu, Moga Village is shown.

Important people in the Village
- Village Chief
- Village Chief's Son

Moga Village is divided into:
- My House
- Quest Counter
- Farm
- Dining Area
- Item Shop
- Armor/Weapon Shop
- Port (Hunting Boat and Trading Boat)
- Moga Forest (?)

You can arrange your hair style too but the scans are too small to see the details. There is also a section on ChaCha.

Plus you can carry your save data around via wiiremote, to a friend's place etc.

I've been waiting for someone to do this.

Tenbatsu

NomarTyme said:
Meh at the limited edition. I wish Capcom would make weapon keychains! I would gladly buy a hammer keychain.
Yeah, pretty disappointed with the limited edition too, they should bundle in some art book or something.

Anw some keychains
goods_other_img86.jpg

Teknoman

Really no where else to ask this...and I figure alot of fans are in here, so where is the official MHF:Unite topic? Game releases this Tuesday and nothing yet. I can find that giant ad-hoc party step by step for games of that type to help out.

Tenbatsu

Cha Cha Quest
33jod5f.jpg

neepl2.jpg
qzf5o4.jpg

Cha Cha Menu
167a25c.jpg
2mhj0wp.jpg
2cgd3ee.jpg

Masks of Cha Cha - Depending on the mission type, Cha Cha will don different mask
15cdqtc.jpg
2njhkif.jpg

Maga Pot Mask
21cfew1.jpg
2je93ef.jpg
195wjp.jpg

Cooking Mask :lol
e99379.jpg
5zmpmw.jpg
344ckk6.jpg
noswv9.jpg

NomarTyme

Teknoman said:
Really no where else to ask this...and I figure alot of fans are in here, so where is the official MHF:Unite topic? Game releases this Tuesday and nothing yet. I can find that giant ad-hoc party step by step for games of that type to help out.
Already got my ad-hoc party to setup. I buying at Amazon though... it'll take a week or so.

Tenbatsu said:
Yeah, pretty disappointed with the limited edition too, they should bundle in some art book or something.

Anw some keychains
[IMG/]http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/img_contents/goods_other_img86.jpg[/IMG]
Eh... I want metal DCB keychain.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wii Will Rock U said:
You sure? Is there any source confirming this is getting a March 2010 release in US?

Yup- the official Nintendo E3 release list.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wii Will Rock U said:
You sure? Is there any source confirming this is getting a March 2010 release in US?
Well, it was what the release date was in that release date chart Nintendo released after E3.

Technically they could have just picked a random date though.

Edit:

Checked their forums. This is what Christian Svensson (their Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development) had to say:

Sven said:
To the best of my knowlwedge we haven't given any dates yet.
Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...e_finalised_release_date&post_num=5#296894698

schuelma said:
Yup- the official Nintendo E3 release list.
Seriously? I was at E3 and had no idea. :lol

Welp, this game is DAY ONE for me and I've never played a Monster Hunter game in my life so this is my first foray into the series.

swerve

Tenbatsu said:
Anw some keychains
goods_other_img86.jpg

These aren't just keychains, they're soundrops!! (each plays one or two sounds from the games when pressed - you likely already know this).

Some soundrops are pretty neat, like the 'door opened' zelda sound, the 1up mario sound, the pac-man paku-oaku sound...

Tenbatsu

aavfxc.jpg

Loklak. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and...no, hang on, wrong time period.

The virtual city that serves as the hub for Monster Hunter 3's online component may look a bit ramshackle, but if you're a rough, tough hunter with a retractable axe about half again your height, it's like a second home. If you've got a net-connected Wii and a desire to bag huge creatures in the wilderness with faceless friends somewhere in Japan, you'll be hanging out in Loklak a lot. So get used to it.

Broadly speaking, Loklak is divided into five areas:
- The town gate, where you choose a server based on what level of experience you are and what it is you want to do (for example, recruit people for a quest). The gate's also home to Loklak's information desk, helpfully telling you about special shop sales and special limited-time events.

- The main square, where you trade items, buy tools/materials, and combine purchased or found materials together to make new things. There's also an "interior workshop," an outdoor stand that creates furniture for your guest house (more on that below) if you bring the owner the right items.

- The tavern, where you pick up quests and eat food to power up your hunter before hitting the road. The bar's also home to the town colosseum, where tournaments are occasionally held.

- The lodging row, where the guest houses are. The size of your guest house depends entirely on your hunter's rank; the better you get, the more luxurious it becomes. You can also invite friends to your place to hang out if you like.

- The workshop, where you buy and upgrade/modify your weapons.
Japanese gamers will set foot in Loklak for the first time August 1, when Monster Hunter 3 is due to hit stores. American would-be hunters will be let in...sometime afterward. Probably. [/IMG]
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175022

Captain N

I placed my order for the black Nintendo Wii and the Classic Pro Bundle with this game. Not to be confused with the Monster Hunter 3 tri bundle which is hard to find.

Tenbatsu

Vinnk said:
Sounds excellent. But I wish it was free online. I will probably still get it for single playe though.
You must play MH online with friends or foes! Single player will get boring after a while.

Tenbatsu

Captain N said:
Will I be seeing you online? I hope someone else from GAF is on here so we can chat in english
Yes, I will be 2 friends, a party of 3. Missing one player thou. Feel free to join us!:D

Captain N

Tenbatsu said:
Yes, I will be 2 friends, a party of 3. Missing one player thou. Feel free to join us!:D

I'll be there week one! the only reason not day one..because i believe it comes out on a saturday and it's shipping from NY and I live in california. Do you know if i'll need to make up a fake Japanese address?

Tenbatsu

Captain N said:
I'll be there week one! the only reason not day one..because i believe it comes out on a saturday and it's shipping from NY and I live in california. Do you know if i'll need to make up a fake Japanese address?
Am not so sure about the Wii version thou as I never go online with MHG before as my Wii is NA. I think most likely dont need to since its using Wiipoints now rather than KDDI.

Captain N

Capcom has done an amazing job getting me excited for this title. Nintendo seems to believe in this title too and it's showing with the bundle and everything else.

Top Bottom