• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Chowfahn

Neo Member
Sorry if these questions have been answered already, I scanned a few pages and the search function didn't return anything useful...

Will there be system link / LAN play on this? I know 3 other kids who'll be in my dorms next year that want to get into this game too, so that would be awesome.
And is the online play subscription-based? I thought I heard that the North American version would have free online or something?

As far as I know it's not LAN capable, for that matter I can't think of any Wii game that is. You can play 2 Player split screen or Online.

Online pricing for NA is yet to be announced. There is a lot of speculation that it will be free but the more realistic outcome is that Capcom will charge just like they do in Japan.

Tenbatsu

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Hunter Note
9kqhdt.jpg

Luigiv

Chowfahn said:
Sorry if these questions have been answered already, I scanned a few pages and the search function didn't return anything useful...

Will there be system link / LAN play on this? I know 3 other kids who'll be in my dorms next year that want to get into this game too, so that would be awesome.
And is the online play subscription-based? I thought I heard that the North American version would have free online or something?
Unfortunately the Wii can't actually do LAN in practical matter. The way Nintendo designed the Wii's WiFi capabilities means it always has to connect to the internet to work. It's the reason why the Conduit doesn't have it.

Anyway, now that that I can finally post, I can't wait for this game. I played through the demo many times and loved it, so I got the original MH on PS2 and am currently addicted to that (at the moment I'm trying to kill my first Rathalos). Shame that the online service was discontinued, so I still don't know the awesomeness of multiplayer Monster Hunting.

Insaniac

does ANYONE know if i can get an mp3 (not a rip of the audio) of the music from the latest trailer (the one with the big sand monster in the end) maybe from the official website? That music is epic.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
kassatsu said:
I am pretty sure it is Spring '10.

yea i haven't a doubt it will be. i'm just hopelessly hoping.... thats all.

+ am i the only one that thinks that jacket is def not the most amazing thing in the world? i mean, yea its alright looking but i wouldn't dish out serious moola for it or anything :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This is, literally, the only thing that would make me buy a Wii again...and it won't hit NA for quite awhile. =/

hiro4

Aaah..
still deciding what to do :(
waiting for the possible EU release or just get the black bundle from Japan.

C'mon Capcom Europe.

Tenbatsu

hiro4 said:
Aaah..
still deciding what to do :(
waiting for the possible EU release or just get the black bundle from Japan.

C'mon Capcom Europe.
Get both?:D I dont think the Europe version will look this nice.

Site updated
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/

Online service will start at 10am Japan Time on August 1st.

鳥竜 ドスバギィ
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/monster10.html

Material
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/material.html

I think Monster Hunter for PSP (I can't remember which due to their "interesting" naming scheme) made it to the top of the German sales charts like a week ago, so I'd definitely say there's hope for MH3 in Europe.

nickrempe

Neo Member
This is going to be my first Monster Hunter, but after watching the video and looking at the screenshots, I don't think that I will be disappointed. Online play will be stellar.

Luigiv

Raelson said:
Playing this with a Classic Controller coming from the PSP games will be godlike.
Can't wait.
Definitely. Having camera control available to both thumbs is pure bliss (to a hunter).

Dra-Q

Banned
JonStark said:
I have a dream...

MH3 bundled with classic controler PRO + free online in..... (wait for it)... EUROPE

I fucking hope so, I'm an handheld gamer but damn, I want a black Wii with Monster Hunter 3 in Yulope.

Top Bottom