• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Tenbatsu

Hobbun said:
So when is that new Classic Controller supposed to hit stateside?
No idea. Ask Reggie.

Dam they even have the Black Wii Bundle!
agpiZWViZWUyc2VlchQLEgxJbWFnZUFuZFRleHQY4NIJDA.jpg
agpiZWViZWUyc2VlchQLEgxJbWFnZUFuZFRleHQY_dEJDA.jpg
agpiZWViZWUyc2VlchQLEgxJbWFnZUFuZFRleHQYgtIJDA.jpg
agpiZWViZWUyc2VlchQLEgxJbWFnZUFuZFRleHQY6NIJDA.jpg

Hobbun

Tenbatsu said:
No idea. Ask Reggie.

I wasn’t sure at the time if a date was known for NA.

Tenbatsu said:
Dam they even have the Black Wii Bundle!

Yes, I looked afterwards and realized the black Wii is being released the same time as MH3.

The black Wii looks cool and all, but the problem I have with it is I had called Nintendo and they made it clear they would not be willing to transfer over VC games on your existing Wii to a new Wii you would purchase (like the black one). Something about licensing issues. The only way they would do so is if you had to send your Wii in for repairs and even then it isn’t guaranteed.

Tenbatsu

Hobbun said:
.The black Wii looks cool and all, but the problem I have with it is I had called Nintendo and they made it clear they would not be willing to transfer over VC games on your existing Wii to a new Wii you would purchase (like the black one). Something about licensing issues. The only way they would do so is if you had to send your Wii in for repairs and even then it isn’t guaranteed.
Nintendo Japan?

Eteric Rice said:
I didn't watch to much as I didn't want to spoil anything, but the way that guy's character runs is hilarious. :lol

Are there classes in this game? Like a healer, DPS, and tank?
There are no classes in MH. It breaks down something like this:

Example:
Great Sword/Lance/Hammer - Main Fighting Troop
Bowguns - Long Range/Healer
Sword & Shield - Assist/Healer

Hunting horn, which is in past MH, is almost equivalent to the healer/magician class, but its not present in MH3 thou. Still, its up to individual on what role they wanna perform no matter what weapon he wield.

Hobbun said:
I had called Nintendo and they made it clear they would not be willing to transfer over VC games on your existing Wii to a new Wii you would purchase (like the black one). Something about licensing issues. The only way they would do so is if you had to send your Wii in for repairs and even then it isn’t guaranteed.
woah woah woah hold on. Nintendo of America said this? Was it an issue of transfering it to a japanese Wii or something?

I've been having no qualms about purchasing from the Wii Shop because I've always thought that the games were tied to my account, so if anything were to happen I always "own" them. I figured if for whatever reason I wanted to transfer my games to a new console I could send them both the consoles, they could deactivate one and activate the other.

Vinci

Danish
RuneFactoryFanboy said:
woah woah woah hold on. Nintendo of America said this? Was it an issue of transfering it to a japanese Wii or something?

I've been having no qualms about purchasing from the Wii Shop because I've always thought that the games were tied to my account, so if anything were to happen I always "own" them. I figured if for whatever reason I wanted to transfer my games to a new console I could send them both the consoles, they could deactivate one and activate the other.

The games are tied to your Wii. Period. That particular one. Lose your Wii, lose your games. At least that's what I've always heard, except in the case of repairs as Hobbun stated.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Vinci said:
The games are tied to your Wii. Period. That particular one. Lose your Wii, lose your games. At least that's what I've always heard, except in the case of repairs as Hobbun stated.

Aren't they tied to your Club Nintendo account too though? Like, if you tie your CN account to your new Wii, you can re-download all the games you had previously downloaded... No?

JudgeN

Tenbatsu said:
Nintendo Japan?

Example:

Hunting horn, which is in past MH, is almost equivalent to the healer/magician class, but its not present in MH3 thou. Still, its up to individual on what role they wanna perform no matter what weapon he wield.

Fuck they removed bows? I"m very hurt over this, fuck bowguns.

Vinci

Danish
Kilrogg said:
Aren't they tied to your Club Nintendo account too though? Like, if you tie your CN account to your new Wii, you can re-download all the games you had previously downloaded... No?

I really don't think so. Ideally, that's how it should work - but I don't believe it does.

Somnid

Kilrogg said:

No. Club Nintendo tracks this stuff and possibly exists as a basis for Nintendo to do that in the future but right now it's just for the prizes and some market research on Nintendo's end.

[edit] I should clarify that you do need the Club Nintendo account to do repairs as that's how they attach a Wii to a person, so if you didn't at least register your Wii then you'd be screwed. It's unclear whether they use the game data as well or if they check their own shop records as paired with your Wii serial number.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Argggg, nothing at my store.

Edit: Was looking at the weapon data in Famitsu today, says the Slash Axe is a blunt weapon like hammers, not a cutting weapon.

Thought that was interesting.

Kyoufu

Tenbatsu said:
Nintendo Japan?

Example:

Please stop calling them "healer"s. This isn't WoW or FF. You have limited tools in healing party members, people keep themselves afloat and are only healed by others during critical moments in a boss fight.

Hobbun

RuneFactoryFanboy said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. No, I didn’t mean in buying the Japanese black Wii and transferring your NA VC games to it. I meant, when the black Wii eventually makes it to the US, they will not transfer over if you wanted to buy it (the black Wii).

So no, sorry, it is not linked to ‘your account’ your games are linked to your Wii. Which I think was a really dumb way to do it. They ‘should’ have linked it to your account, so if you wanted to replace your Wii down the road, you could have them transferred.

Tenbatsu

sprsk said:
Argggg, nothing at my store.

Edit: Was looking at the weapon data in Famitsu today, says the Slash Axe is a blunt weapon like hammers, not a cutting weapon.

Thought that was interesting.
Huh? According to the official website, it is a cutting weapon both in axe/sword mode. Weird.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/weapon5.html

Kyoufu said:
Please stop calling them "healer"s. This isn't WoW or FF. You have limited tools in healing party members, people keep themselves afloat and are only healed by others during critical moments in a boss fight.
Sorry but you know what I mean:(

Lots of Images here
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1226204_1124.html

Hobbun

So, I have never played Monster Hunter before. I usually prefer single player games, will this be a game I can enjoy? Or will it mainly be geared towards multiplayer action?

The game looks awesome and I want to play it, but not if 80% is geared towards multiplayer.

Aenima

Hobbun said:
So, I have never played Monster Hunter before. I usually prefer single player games, will this be a game I can enjoy? Or will it mainly be geared towards multiplayer action?

The game looks awesome and I want to play it, but not if 80% is geared towards multiplayer.
The game is geared for multiplayer co-op. Dont know exactly how it will be the Tri, but in the ones i played u have single player quests to do, and quests to do in co-op, u still can try to go solo in those type of quests, and you will probably complete some of the initial quests solo with no problem, but theres monster that you will never be able to defeat alone, unless you turn out to be a really good player and have the right equipment/weapon.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Hobbun said:

The game is meant for Co-op, but you shouldn't have any problem playing it solo. Pretty much every quest available in the Monster Hunter games is soloable if you have the skill and put the effort into it. The series in general have a really steep learning curve, but it's not like the game prevents you from playing a mission if you don't have a partner.

Vinci

Danish
Hobbun said:

Just play with friends or gaffers. That's what I'm sure most of us will do. Hell, I've barely played a MH game before and I'm really looking forward to this, so long as the veterans are willing to help and not berate the new folks.

Hobbun

Aenima said:
The game is geared for multiplayer co-op. Dont know exactly how it will be the Tri, but in the ones i played u have single player quests to do, and quests to do in co-op, u still can try to go solo in those type of quests, and you will probably complete some of the initial quests solo with no problem, but theres monster that you will never be able to defeat alone, unless you turn out to be a really good player and have the right equipment/weapon.

Hmm, ok. I will have to think about it some more. I was hoping it would have a good single player campaign.

Thanks.

JudgeN

Hobbun said:

You can solo every quest in the game on the PSP version with practice. I'm up to HR 7 out of 9 all solo on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and id imagine they didn't change much in Tri where a partner is required but we don't know. Either way if your going to solo and you never played a Monster hunter game before prepare for a very steep learning curve. This can be a very frustrating series filled with cheap fucking deaths but if you stick with it and don't throw your wiimote though your TV you should enjoy the accomplishment of killing monsters solo.

Raelson

Hobbun said:
Hmm, ok. I will have to think about it some more. I was hoping it would have a good single player campaign.

Thanks.

I'm playing MHFU on the PSP at the moment and having a blast. I've already put in around 70 hours without touching online , so there's definitely a lot of fun to be had in single player alone.

Mugaaz

If you enjoy games like Demon Souls or King's Field then you'll enjoy playing this game solo as well (though you may not actually enjoy the game). Most people don't enjoy playing solo because the difficulty is very high (or more accurately the margin of error is very low due to limited resources and damage). A lot of people really enjoy the single player, but this is not normal for people that aren't hardcore. The biggest problem with solo play in MH is that the top tier monsters are typically online only and to face them online require you to complete most of the online content. So if you end up playing single player you finish all of the non epic bosses, have the second best tier of gear and are done unless you now go online and grind from bottom to top again without payoff until you reach the new content.

Also, there are no classes or even roles. Where is this stuff coming from? Some weapons require more skill to use without being killed, that's about it. On the low end of the skill spectrum is guns and SnS, then GS/Duals, then everything else. Don't take the word skill to deeply, I just mean that it's much easier to avoid getting hit with the lesser skill weapons, that's it. Usually the weapons on the lower skill end do less DPS in normal situations, but there are notable exceptions.

Johnlenham said:
Waaaaaaa they got rid of bow AND hunting horns :(

Still want it though..

I'm confused about the change too. Why would we have these weapons in Freedom and then not in the console version? It really does not make any sense.

thefro

Pretty strange, usually the Iwata Asks are fairly readable with a machine translation, but this one is all over the place.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
thefro said:
Pretty strange, usually the Iwata Asks are fairly readable with a machine translation, but this one is all over the place.

The google translation is awesome :lol :lol

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Wish there were some vid's of people who were good underwater. As is, it looks very very difficult, but I have a hard time believing that it wont become second nature eventually.

VegaShinra

FootNinja said:
Wish there were some vid's of people who were good underwater. As is, it looks very very difficult, but I have a hard time believing that it wont become second nature eventually.
I wish there was just one video of the player playing the game good. They all run around like idiots.

Top Bottom