• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Tenbatsu

qx5hk3.jpg
bgba5s.jpg

2w4iw55.jpg
a615s.jpg

MH3 Awesome Opening Movie
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/movie1.html

MH3 Countdown Movie
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/movie4.html

man, i dont know anything about monster hunter, and i really really want this game. my only worry is that it's going to be gimped by nintendo WFC, but maybe they'll surprise me.

i can only pray that localization is swift and sound. PLEASE GOD MAKE IT GO FASTER

Eteric Rice

autobzooty said:
man, i dont know anything about monster hunter, and i really really want this game. my only worry is that it's going to be gimped by nintendo WFC, but maybe they'll surprise me.

i can only pray that localization is swift and sound. PLEASE GOD MAKE IT GO FASTER

Capcom is using it's own online system.

SumGamer

autobzooty said:

The game will be using MH3-ID exclusively. No shitty FC, that's why they are charging for it.

GhostSeed

Last weeks issue of Nintendo Dream came with a CD with MH3 music as well as some others.

(You can order it here.)
http://www.vgmworld.com/catalog/index.php?table=cocoebiz_music&item_num=1856

110yvsn.jpg

Tracks:

1. Umi to Riku no Kyoushin /Monster Hunter 3
2. Kagerou to Ryuusei no Daichi /Monster Hunter 3
3. Dosha to Neppuu /Monster Hunter 3
4. Ippai Jouzu ni Yakemashita /Monster Hunter 3
5. Inochi aru mono e /Monster Hunter 3
6. Shaken Swing'n Pop'n Music! /Pop'n Music
7. Densetsu wa Hajimaru /SaGa 2 Hihou Densetsu
8. Blood of Bahamut/Blood of Bahamut
9. Nanashi no Geemu~ Nanashi no Teema/Nanashi no Geemu Me
10. Puyo Puyo no Uta/Puyo Puyo 7
11.Henshin Mode /Puyo Puyo 7
12. Sonic Chronicle Opening Theme /Sonic Chronicle
13.Dim Sum For Papa/The House Of The Dead: Over Kill
14.Onii no Sumika/Ousama Monogatari
15. Sobamanjaro Tozan/Ousama Monogatari
16. Senobi no Kuni no Okite /Ousama Monogatari.
17. Tabegoro no Tatakai /Ousama no Tatakai.

SumGamer said:
The game will be using MH3-ID exclusively. No shitty FC, that's why they are charging for it.

oh they're charging? how much per month? will they be using Wii Speak or supporting USB keyboards for communication?

Eteric Rice

autobzooty said:
oh they're charging? how much per month? will they be using Wii Speak or supporting USB keyboards for communication?

They're charging in Japan, we don't know about the US.

2000 points gets you three months I believe.

Tenbatsu

30 Days - 800
60 Days - 1500
90 Days - 2000

Keyboard, think no Wiispeak support.

2004 Mar: PS2「Monster Hunter」318,000
2005 Jan: PS2「Monster Hunter G」228,000
2006 Feb: PS2「Monster Hunter 2」524,000
2009 Apr: Wii「Monster Hunter G」243,000

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Sumidor said:
So.. I've never played any Monster Hunter games, but it kinda reminds me of Phantasy Star Online. Are they similar at all?
Look at it this way: I loved PSO, and when I first played Monster Hunter Freedom, I wanted it to be PSO.

500+hrs into the MH series, currently playing Unite, and I haven't looked back.

Well, ocassionally I glance nostalgically at Phantasy Star Portable on the shop shelf, but then I remember that it just ain't what it used to be.

It's similar in that you typically party up with 3 chums on quests, kill things and craft weapons (and armour). That's pretty much it.

CTLance

Sumidor said:
So.. I've never played any Monster Hunter games, but it kinda reminds me of Phantasy Star Online. Are they similar at all?
I can only speak from my experience with MHF2 for PSP, and I'm not very far in since the game pisses me off for several reasons (fuck the shitty camera system, for one. *bolts additional buttons to PSP*).

In a way, there's a very definite link to PSO: You only have a handful of "levels" and a whole plethora of quests in them that you activate one at a time, and that will remodel some aspects of the levels (and the monsters, starting gear, etc). It's also way more fun if you play it with others, or so I've heard.

On the other hand, in PSO battling was far less involved. MH is an action game through and through, and if you don't have the willingness to improve your skill and tweak your timings with every quest you will hit a brick wall sooner or later - your character doesn't level up, it's the gear (crafting) and your skill (dying) that improves throughout the game.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Holy shit. I haven't looked into this game at all, but damn, am I ever glad I have a Wii tucked away in the basement. That opening trailer brought out my early 90s childhood. I'm buying.

Dinosaurs. Fucking awesome.

Tenbatsu

Date: August 19th - 26th
Event: Famitsu Event quest.
Hunter Rank: HR18

You can get MH3 X Enterbrain gunlance type lance in this quest.

snakeiox

Neo Member
im thinking on buying a wii just for this, i have played all the monster hunter series, im currently playing unite, but i dont wanna pay monthly fees for online, when are we gonna know if they will charge for the online in usa?

Damn i have to say this is the only thing that makes me regret my GF selling her Wii, in fact i am even tempted to try and buy a cheap one just for this game alone. From the little i have seen about it it seems very good and since im playing MHF:U at the moment its got me wanting this bad!

Wehrwolf

So, having put 250 hours so far into Monster Hunter G for the Wii, I'm curious if theres any bonuses for having MHG save data when starting MH3? ^^;

Wehrwolf

That's okay actually, I sorta like starting over.... but its a case of not being too motivated to play MHG much anymore unless I *could* transfer my gold or something (having completed all the quests and liking my weapons and armor)...

Its an odd case of "challenge is more fun, but if I can have the money transfer, I'll take it"..

Either way, I'm sure I'll be spending a few hundred hours on MH3 over the next few months :D

Somnid

Is this the type of game that's completely worthless in single player? I don't know how much online I'd be playing especially if there's a fee but I'm very interested in it.

semiregular

Neo Member
Somnid said:
Is this the type of game that's completely worthless in single player? I don't know how much online I'd be playing especially if there's a fee but I'm very interested in it.

I wouldn't say completely worthless at all, there's still tonnes to do in single player and is a fun game in its own right. I would say going online improves the experience and extends the playtime significantly though.

Yes Boss!

Tenbatsu said:

Thanks for the pic of the new classic controller!

I've got the Black Wii Monster Hunter bundle coming and not quite sure what I'm in store for...never played one of these games before. Looks to be good times!

Tenbatsu

Yes Boss! said:
Thanks for the pic of the new classic controller!

I've got the Black Wii Monster Hunter bundle coming and not quite sure what I'm in store for...never played one of these games before. Looks to be good times!
Play-asia is also preparing my MH3 Black Wii bundle order!:D And yes, good times indeed.

Yes Boss!

Tenbatsu said:
Play-asia is also preparing my MH3 Black Wii bundle order!:D And yes, good times indeed.

I went with NCX so I don't think mine will go out till next Monday. I just wanted a black Wii but decided go for the Monster Hunter bundle "just for fun."

Also, if you get the chance please post pics of the system either here or in the pick-up thread if possible!

Disappointed as all hell in the monthly fee, Capcom.

I've played since MH on the PS2... but since I love the series I suppose I'll let it go...

Tenbatsu

Yes Boss! said:
I went with NCX so I don't think mine will go out till next Monday. I just wanted a black Wii but decided go for the Monster Hunter bundle "just for fun."

Also, if you get the chance please post pics of the system either here or in the pick-up thread if possible!
Not sure if mine can reach by this weekend, might stuck at Singapore custom :/

Rest assured I will take pics if I can get them early:D

Top Bottom