• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 TGS 2012 trailer

Khezu

A really stupid idea for a "weapon" but, a pet class, kinda similar to the bug pole but taken to a step further.

Specifically the weapon lets you command either a Velociprey, Ioprey, or Genprey. The actual weapon would be like a short bow and you would shoot arrows with pheromones on them to control the pet.

In less stupid ideas a morning star with a shield would be kinda cool, kind of a mix between SnS and hammer.

Or a giant boomerang, game could use another ranged weapon, and one that requires no upkeep would be awesome.

My ideas are terrible, I'm sure capcom will make some awesome stuff.

ShinNL

I would like Knuckles as well. Something that has no guard but where all attacks are blunt attacks. So kind of like a DS version of a Hammer. No guard, fast movement and a balanced output of blunt damage.

There's lots you can do with Knuckles/Gauntless as well:

1. Add charging to resemble DMC's Ifrit.
2. Mix in manga/anime moves for pure awesomeness.
3. Makes sense for a light weapon class to have a lot of jumping attacks, a new trait of MH4.
4. The most mobile weapon right now is the SnS due to the jump. Having an alternative high-mobile class with no shield is a great alternative.

Also, if I had some form of input for the game, I would add a charge-holding attack for the GS's upswing. But unlike regular charge attacks, this one drags the tip of the sword on the ground and allows you to move at normal speed. The more you walk, the stronger the sparks and the attack becomes until you unleash it. At level 3, it should release a jumping somersault with the sword.

Tenbatsu

Goa Magara confirmed as the package monster, TGS had 100 playable MH4 units...3D promo movie on the eShop? Why hasn't this been mentioned?!

EDIT: Downloadable video! Pretty big at 51MB, but I can't remember the sizes of others I've downloaded.
Goa Magara is from the elder dragon family I think:
qzT6q.jpg

Going to download when am home :)

Zenaku

Goa Magara is from the elder dragon family I think:
qzT6q.jpg

Going to download when am home :)

My only real exposure to MH is 3G, and I restarted after getting to I think quest level 7 or so; what exactly makes a monster an "elder dragon"? The PV, and that pic, show what seems to be Magara with horns, so I assume it grows them when you fight it...

The PV in 3D is wonderful. I have a huge amount of trouble playing 3G in 2D, as it's harder to differentiate between objects when compared to 3D, and the new PV is the same. That red monster with tusks, especially, is much easier to see in 3D. I'm just going through it again and pausing everywhere to see the monsters and environments.

Tenbatsu

Elder dragons have power which seems to border the mystical as opposed to the wyverns which are all limited to natural laws. Basically all bosses in MH games are elders.

Zenaku

Elder dragons have power which seems to border the mystical as opposed to the wyverns which are all limited to natural laws. Basically all bosses in MH games are elders.

Ah, pretty simple distinction then.

Looking up a few, would this be the first elder dragon to feature on packaging, assuming Goa Magara is an elder dragon?

So there's going to another new weapon type in this game? put me in the Gauntlet/Claws camp, I crave the ability to outright punch a monster in the face with manly striking.

Tenbatsu

Ah, pretty simple distinction then.

Looking up a few, would this be the first elder dragon to feature on packaging, assuming Goa Magara is an elder dragon?
Nope, the first was Kushala Daora on MH2 Dos.
Monster_Hunter_2_Coverart.png

I miss Teostra and Fatalis :'(
Guran-Miraosu in MH3G resembles Fatalis :)

Anyone having problem downloading the video from the japanese eshop? I keep getting error 007-2999 :(

ShinNL

Nope, the first was Kushala Daora on MH2 Dos.
Monster_Hunter_2_Coverart.png
One of my favorites, before Alatreon existed (which is kinda like the upgrade of this one).

I don't like Fatalis or Lao, they just have the looks but move like elephants.

I want more monsters like Kirin. I'm in love with that horsey. So elegant, so mighty, so divine. Makes me sad if a party sleep bombs it. Fight it with dignity and honor damn it :mad:

Ultratech

Pretty much. Basically, if it's got shit that borders on mystical, magic, or elemental, it's classified as an Elder Dragon. Also includes "ancient" monsters.
This why you have stuff like Kirin and Yama classified as such.

One of my favorites, before Alatreon existed (which is kinda like the upgrade of this one).

I don't like Fatalis or Lao, they just have the looks but move like elephants.

Alatreon is basically Kushala on steroids. Very good steroids that allow it to breath flaming nukes, shoot ice, and electrify itself.

At least it doesn't have the shitty barrier gimmick. Always hated fighting Lunastra and Teostra because of that crap. (Kushala was almost always fun, however.)

So there's going to another new weapon type in this game? put me in the Gauntlet/Claws camp, I crave the ability to outright punch a monster in the face with manly striking.

I think Guantlet/Claws + Greaves would be pretty cool. Do martial arts combos on monsters! Only problem is that it would seem too similar to DS with the fast-paced attacks.

Goa Magara confirmed as the package monster, TGS had 100 playable MH4 units...3D promo movie on the eShop? Why hasn't this been mentioned?!

EDIT: Downloadable video! Pretty big at 51MB, but I can't remember the sizes of others I've downloaded.

Quoting because some people (me) missed it.

KiklK.jpg

The textures look much more tolerable when the video is properly sized.

Kyoufu

I want a Scythe or a Whip. Especially a Whip. :O It will probably be very fast but weak...

Also, Yan Kut Ku is awesome. :)

I can't see Scythe being any different to Long Sword. Maybe because there are Scythe weapons in the Long Sword tree already :p

Whips would be interesting but I'm not sure what kind of monster parts would go into making them. Intestines? Tongues? Skins?

I'm hoping for Knuckles/Fists/Claws.

Qurupeke

I can't see Scythe being any different to Long Sword. Maybe because there are Scythe weapons in the Long Sword tree already :p

Whips would be interesting but I'm not sure what kind of monster parts would go into making them. Intestines? Tongues? Skins?

I'm hoping for Knuckles/Fists/Claws.

Probably skin+intetines for the Whip. It could be really cool. :D

About the Scythe, you're right, I've forgotten about those. lol I'm going for Claws/Fists then. Imagine some Fists shaped like rathalos' head. :O

Ultratech

Probably skin+intetines for the Whip. It could be really cool. :D

About the Scythe, you're right, I've forgotten about those. lol I'm going for Claws/Fists then. Imagine some Fists shaped like rathalos' head. :O

All they need now are fists named "Fists of the Beast King" in the shape of Lion heads.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I can't imagine the new weapon not being a gunner type weapon.

I mean it's about time right? Dual wielding handguns would be cool,especially if you could mix and match.

Hobby

MH4 is in this week's Famitsu.

- New field: Cave that's deep underground.
- Monsters Gypceros (ゲリョス), Nelscylla (ネルスキュラ), Yian Kut ku, Tetsukabura (テツカブラ) shown.

Meesh

I always wanted to play the game through as a felyne or melnyx or whatever they're called....that would be hilarious for a class of hunters

For those who are not familiar, that balloon is responsible for hunting/researching Elder Dragons, so some people think Daora has a chance of appearing in this game.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3eEZdPSCe4

Who is this guy? Like what show is this video from? I keep seeing his mug and that logo on youtube videos but I still don't know his name. Is he connected to capcom? I remember he had the first gameplay for AA5
Ryosuke Hagiwara, head of publicity at Capcom. He hosts the "Hagi Toko" show almost every Saturday.

Hobby

New weapon and area revealed.

- New area is an ancient forest.

New weapon is called a charge axe
- Can be separated into a sword and shield that allows for quick, consecutive attacks.
- Charge energy that's stored up via attacks. Combine the sword and shield to charge.
- Energy is stored in a bottle on the sword's hilt. Once it begins to glow yellow it can be charged. Continue to attack after the bottle starts to glow yellow and eventually it'll begin to glow red, which charges even more energy.
- Also has an axe mode that has a long reach and great power. Can unleash attributive attacks with charged energy, as well (meaning, like, lightning, water, etc.).
- Axe mode has a finishing technique that requires additional button input? (QTE?), which can stun enemies.
- Can also attack while transforming the charge axe into its axe mode, or vice-versa (transforming from axe mode to sword/shield mode).

Ooooooh that new weapon seems so sexy! I will definitely try it as soon as I can get my hands on one.
For now I think I like it more than the bug-staff they announced last time.

So any mention on the XL Circle Pad Pro coming to the west?
Lol saw you on the other thread, did you not read my reply? The lack of games that support the XL Circle Pad Pro = Slim; therefore wait for 3 Ultimate to be released then you'll likely find it. If you cannot wait get one from eBay/import.

OT: dissapointed it's another axe =S

Top Bottom