• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 TGS 2012 trailer

jokkir

28 dislikes? The entire Vita population saw the video.

KuGsj.gif

emb

Looks awesome.

Visuals are indeed pretty weak though.

But I don't care, trailer got me psyched.

forrest

formerly nacire
I don't think I'm watching the same video as you all. I love some Monster Hunter and all, but yeesh at the image quality. The designs look solid as always, but the texture resolution is pretty horrid. Did they take a Skyward Sword approach with the textures or something only with a much lower resolution?

Inject this into my veins. All the combat stuff looks killer.

Textures could use some work and it's clear it needs some more time in the cooker but it's progressing nicely. 7 months to go! :D

Looks so good.

One of these days we'll have a Monster Hunter thread that doesn't get derailed because no one brings up the Vita, and that shall be a freaking glorious day.

Don't you think its warranted though? The 3DS game does look rough, but it also looks very close to the PSP versions from many years ago, you know.. when nobody in the West cared about the franchise?

Obviously fans of the PSP games are going to be salty seeing Capcom basically trolled them, so now we have another generation with only a minor visual bump to the series.

Anyway, besides the technical drawbacks which makes it look rough, the usual flair and art direction is still there.. so I'm excited about it. But I can't help but be disappointed at the same time... (mostly because the series (on handheld) doesn't seem to be going online anytime soon.. so fuck you Capcom for that)

There is still 5 months or so to polish, it already looks damn sharp (no pun intended) - seems to incorporate some tricks learned from Dragons Dogma, which is never a bad thing. Hope it arrives for 3DS in the west, I really want this game.

NFreak

I wish those textures were more compelling.

lol

I think the game looks great, but there were a couple parts that just look weird. In the part in the forest with the red, orange, and yellow leaves on the trees, it looked like there was a still image in the background while everything else was moving. Looked kinda jarring to me. Love the amount of color in the game though.

2nziS.jpg

Khezu

I don't have a 3DS or even touched one yet, how does the graphics in this compare to other games on the platform?

Cause IDK, this seems really bad.

Have they said if the bug staff is the only new weapon?

LJ11

Yeah, that forest section really stuck out, looks terrible. Environments in general don't look good.

majik13

lol

I think the game looks great, but there were a couple parts that just look weird. In the part in the forest with the red, orange, and yellow leaves on the trees, it looked like there was a still image in the background while everything else was moving. Looked kinda jarring to me. Love the amount of color in the game though.

2nziS.jpg

I think a lot of the shots have a giant still backdrop, but they were mostly lock offs, or very linear camera movements, the camera in the shot is all over the place and kinda breaks the illusion.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The game looks pretty cool.

Advice: don't watch the video in fullscreen.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Oh god, i feel bad when i think how much better could have been on a vita. :p

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I don't have a 3DS or even touched one yet, how does the graphics in this compare to other games on the platform?

<MHfanhat>it doesn't matter because it's within a -good enough- range, we've given up on pushing the cutting edge, so we can hope that the Wii U provides a HD version (the big announcement maybe?). Graphically - as long a it remains PSP+ or there abouts it's not really an issue</MHFanhat>

<demandinghat>I'm dismayed that this looks like a PSP game - i understand that it's a 3D game and thus we get the advantage of a perceivable Z-axis, but the trailer makes this game look -worse- than 3G (itself a very nice looking game). Now, that might be bacause it's a bad trailer, because the game is early, or any number of reasons, but it would be nice to have the game sparkle a bit more than it does, though the game play looks to have taken some significant changes on board and as a result looks extremely exciting</demandinghat>

Oh god, i feel bad when i think how much better could have been on a vita. Damn shitty 3ds

this rests on another assumption : the desire to actually -make- the game look much better on the vita or any other platform. Eventually it just doesn't matter - as long as the game kicks ass then i can live with the lack of graphical progress (i've been playing MH since 2002 , i've given up on this angle)

Man

Horrible graphics. Looks like I'm out of dedicated handheld gaming for good before the end of 2013.

Cause IDK, this seems really bad.

Have they said if the bug staff is the only new weapon?

Monster Hunter 3g looks better in some aspects. This game has better character models though from the looks of it

Top Bottom