• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 TGS 2012 trailer

Alex

It's ugly as hell but that new weapon looks wonderful. Hopefully the core gets a big, meaningful core update. Tri's idea of a core update was to remove half of the shit then pretty much just make a standard sequel.

Poyunch

I have to say that elephant monkey is ugly as hell. I thought it looked bad in stills but even in motion it's ugly.

Codeblue

So acrobatic now. I love it.

untitled-1uou5q.gif

That is some sweet looking armor.

pramath

Banned
I come with a gift.

untitled-13czu9e.gif

Complaints about the graphics are laughable.

Sure, a game of this scope is not going to look pixel perfect on the 3DS if you look too closely, but it's nothing that will detract from the experience. This is by far the most advanced 3DS game given its scope and will look stunning in 3D.

Anyway, the inevitable Wii U version should quell anyone who wants this in HD.

Tenbatsu

Those who are complaining about the graphics do wait for the Wii U port. This trailer is meant to view on a small screen.

Codeblue

Looking good... hoping this comes westward in a timely manner

I'm gonna guess early 2014 at the earliest, since we're getting 3G in March. Or maybe they'll just wait until they make 4G for the Wii U and do another dual release down the line.

Those are my baseless predictions.

Ridley327

Ha, I just noticed that the shot breaks the Jaggi's frill.

Poor Jaggi; at this rate, throwing a rock at him will break his frill.

The increased athleticism in the movesets is quite marvelous to see in action. I also liked the Tigrex battle, with how it's able to change levels by blasting through the thin surface.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Are levels are still sectioned in small areas like the previous MHs? Because that can explain why the textures and models seem to be less detailed than even MG3G.

3DS really should have a good trailer app. Just allow licensed companies to upload whatever they want - that way we get a better idea of things.

I think the main reason this is so jaggy is because everything is so uneven, the colours contrast strongly, the ground is very bumpy and its very 'open' and uncontrolled (than say Kid Icarus or Resident Evil).

On the 3DS I do think this would look amazing but am not sure what to expect with the 3D.
Shall see I guess.

Grokbu

I come with a gift.

untitled-13czu9e.gif

Those two jump+attack moves look really effective. Maybe I shouldn't be worried, but I hope that they are balanced and don't make they game easier in any way. It does seem really effective to be able to dodge moves (there probably isn't any invincibility though) like that and attack at the same time.

Mlatador

Banned
For a handheld game is looks good, but I hope that the next home console version won't just be a port of it. Hopefully then the ground textures will look much better.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I come with a gift.

untitled-13czu9e.gif

oh god that looks way better than the blown up version on youtube.

I was going to make a bad comment about the visuals, but that game will look damn fine when it's actually on my 3DS screen.

Those jaggies literally gave me a migraine. Looks great though, gameplay wise. If I ever get a 3DS in the future, I'll definitely pick this game up.

*jaw is on floor*

That is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. Such a magnificent use of color. I hope this gets an HD Wii U counterpart as well.

Maedhros

I don't recall any other MH games having jumping, air attacks, or Dragon's Dogma style grappling.

Because those are new things. The core of the game is still there though. Plus colors.

But these are things many of the "clones" did already.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
why didn't you say it when PSP had the previous MH game, which could have been on 3DS

<troll> because, looking at this, there'd be no upgrade? </troll>

(MH3G is the best looking MH game to date btw. There's a gorgeous palette change and the shadowing and 3d are spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz)

Don't you think its warranted though? The 3DS game does look rough, but it also looks very close to the PSP versions from many years ago, you know.. when nobody in the West cared about the franchise?

i've grown tired of hearing myself moan about MH not looking any better (or not significantly so) - but i'm hoping MH3GU address that somewhat. I've played MH since MH1 jpn and i keep dreaming we'll get a full HD version at some point - with DD or LP style graphics and whilst i understand why that effort might be costly and ultimately fruitless effort it still remains a dream game wish. Perhaps the rise of HD alternatives will force Capcom's hand somewhat? though the HD/3DS cross over maybe the perfect solution - you provide continuity between an incredible looking HD version built on the same bones as the 3DS version then we are onto a winner.

beril

The large youtube window certainly wasn't kind to this game, even more so than most 3DS games, but in normal size it looks fine and the gifs look fantastic. Looks like they've used every trick in the book to save rendering resources on the environments in order to beef up the monsters and the illusion kindof breaks when the image is blown up several times its size. They also seem to have used some awful filter to produce that 1080p video

Top Bottom