• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Thread

SecretBonusPoint said:
All the way up to the point they require Heavy/Hrd Armor Spheres, since theyre hard to come by. Just beat the Poison Fanged Duo quest anyway, was just surprised and terrified that Gendromes did that much damage, so god knows what higher level monsters are going to do to me :/

What level quests are you on and is it the elder or hall quests?

You must be quite high if you did Kirin, have you fought Rathian or Rathalos?

been doing Elder quests in the village past Tigrex, just defeated me a Chameleos and got the Mirage Finsword which is what I'm currently using. Have swapped to Guild Quests to go from HR4 to 5, thinking I was equipped to do so. Evidently not?

Have you thought of going for some Tigrex armour, it has auto tracker and fast eating, plus higher defense.

You can then gem it for hearing protection which can be very useful, the defense on the basic is about 200 I think.

Oh Monoblos Heart, why do you elude me? I cannot complete my White Monoblos set until I carve one. My son carved it on his first Monoblos kill, lucky bugger.

edit: The Fish and Game Dept. just contacted me, I am single handedly putting the Monoblos on the endangered species list.

I have had this game for months. I've made it through the adventurer's school (training) and have done a couple real missions, but the game isn't clicking with me.

What do I need to do to get this game to click? What's a good starting weapon set to get rolling?

Exhumed

Anerythristic said:
Oh Monoblos Heart, why do you elude me? I cannot complete my White Monoblos set until I carve one. My son carved it on his first Monoblos kill, lucky bugger..

You can also get it from some of the crab quests. I remember picking some up from the high or g-rank ones, I forget which quests in particular. Thats only if you sick and tired of Monoblos hunting :D

depward

Micromegas said:
I have had this game for months. I've made it through the adventurer's school (training) and have done a couple real missions, but the game isn't clicking with me.

What do I need to do to get this game to click? What's a good starting weapon set to get rolling?

I'd recommend just a SnS (sword and shield) if you're just beginning; it's the easiest weapon to get familiar with, offers a block ability, roll evade, and doesn't slow you down if unsheathed. After that, probably the "easiest" to get used to would be the Longsword.

depward said:
I'd recommend just a SnS (sword and shield) if you're just beginning; it's the easiest weapon to get familiar with, offers a block ability, roll evade, and doesn't slow you down if unsheathed. After that, probably the "easiest" to get used to would be the Longsword.

Alright - thanks. Love the atmosphere in this game, just having trouble getting going.

Micromegas said:

I would honestly go Long Sword. I never got the reason why anyone considered the SnS a good beginners weapon. It's range is insanley short you have to get right up against the monster and blocking with a shield is a complicated art form, the raw damage output is lackluster and the SnS excellent elemental damage means you would need to have a large collection of swords...which means farming.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know, I wouldn't really recommend it for a beginner, but the Lance is what really got me into MHFU after trying unsuccessfully several times. I dunno, I guess something about it just clicked with me.

Of course I've now pretty much completely abandoned it in favor of LS/Hammer. :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, me and my buddy had a crazy Kirin fight today. It was the first GH Kirin, and neither of us had fought him before. I went in with a full Garuga set and the Raven Torrent hammer, he went in with a full Garuga set and the Tiger Agito GS. Thing is, he'd only used a GS like, two or three times before (he's basically a LS-only guy, SOMETIMES uses a bow).

But yeah, so neither of us knew what to expect from Kirin. And when we got in there...boy, whoever said Kirin is like a Kelbi on crack wasn't lying. Thing was ALL over the place. My buddy couldn't get in a hit at all. I mean, I think he might have gotten one or two full charges in. I didn't get many chances to hit, but when I did I took full advantage of them, though I played it safe and ONLY went for triple pounds, no super pounds.

I noticed I'd knocked it over a few times, but I still didn't think we'd done much to it. I did get KO'ed once, but jumped right back into the fight. Then my buddy got KO'ed. At that point, I thought we were pretty much screwed. I mean, if you'd asked me then, I would have estimated that we hadn't even gotten it halfway down. I mean, it was a GH Kirin, and it was basically only me doing any damage at all to it, and these GH things are meant for four people. Then, JUST as my buddy was getting back up to where the Kirin and I were, I struck it in the head with my hammer...

"Objective Cleared!"

I think both of our jaws dropped to the floor. Neither of us were expecting to win that battle. I think, for me at least, that moment eclipsed our finally taking down the GH Tigrex urgent as the best moment of the night. :D

Luigiv

Just found out Adhoc party only works on a Wired PS3 :(. Well there goes my hopes of finally getting to try MH multiplayer. Guess I'll have to wait for Tri.
Or incur the wrath off my family by running a long ethernet cable down the stairs.

NomarTyme

Anerythristic said:
Oh Monoblos Heart, why do you elude me? I cannot complete my White Monoblos set until I carve one. My son carved it on his first Monoblos kill, lucky bugger.

edit: The Fish and Game Dept. just contacted me, I am single handedly putting the Monoblos on the endangered species list.
If you were playing MHF2, the monoblos heart is a lot rarer.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
RiderKairuu said:
Im just one Great Hornfly away from my Obituary set come oooooon!

Hahaha, oh I know that feeling. It's much easier once you have the bug tree.

I'm actually thinking about getting the Obituary gunner set for the Evade +1, but I'm gonna wait a bit until I have more Armor Spheres so I can pump it up a bit.

armor spheres are abundant later in the game. I have like 200+ stacked, so my recomendation is, if you have a few of these stones (like 10-20) go for the orbituary set and upgrade it will all your spheres.

Also, if I remember correctly, in that armor you only need like 3 armor spheres for each piece until it asks you for armor sphere+. I dont know why you need fewer armor spheres than other armors of the same level...

If you really doesnt have armor spheres and your armor sucks for high level quests. do some trainings and after each one, go to the farm :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dangit, ONE Black Blos Spine away from my Tormentor. Damn you Black Diablos!

I can easily beat him with a LBG, but I'm terrible at melee'ing the bastard. But LBG takes way too long. Gah.

Last week I finished all the guild quests from the first girl... I'm workin on the second girl now... so far I'm done with the first list and almost done with the second list.

I finally received the case I talked about weeks ago :lol and did the surgery this night. Sorry for the crappy iphone photos :S

wwddlx.jpg

x1y61y.jpg

And my collection :lol

308l0zq.jpg

The case its actually pretty good, I only miss the feel of the original buttons, this one feels painted, sony's feels like plastic.

This was my first psp opened and I thank god all worked fine and I didnt need to open again to reconnect stuff :D

Now to finally get to rank 8!

RelentlessRolento said:
nice. so far right now I'm sporitng a custom MH theme that has some nice icons that'd look great with that faceplate with a brown theme background.

Sounds nice.

Can you link to the theme?

depward

After shying away from it for a couple of weeks now, I have an Eager Cleaver and it's time to try to take out that Urgent Quest Elder Tigrex. Dude has killed me many times but NOW I have a true Thunder elemental weapon! I need to kill this dude TODAY

depward

depward said:
After shying away from it for a couple of weeks now, I have an Eager Cleaver and it's time to try to take out that Urgent Quest Elder Tigrex. Dude has killed me many times but NOW I have a true Thunder elemental weapon! I need to kill this dude TODAY

And I'm happy to report after multiple attempts, I'm still not able to kill the bastard. Cutting off his tail, getting some really goods hits in... twenty+ minutes in. And inevitably, I'll be diving left and right avoiding his rush and he'll get me in a rhythm where he'll hit me, I'll fall and roll, and won't be able to get out of the way for another (and sometimes another) hit, killing me.

ugh.

RelentlessRolento said:
post pics when/if u do.

Thanks, it looks nice :D

2rxjzpf.jpg

Although, I just realized this was the first time I saw the menu after launching Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the first time :lol

PSP stand-by mode works wonderfull.

EDIT:

By the way, I needed to change the buttons for the original ones. The copper buttons were too sensitive, and would press the buttons even if I just touched the button and never pressed... so running from a tigrex and the psp pressing "square" at random is not a good thing to do :lol so changed the dpad and the buttons for the white ones...

xgk6wx.jpg

Kinda looks good with the shoulder buttons being white too

bigswords

Need some advice, I'm using a Yian Kut Ku full set of armour and I have the Khezu Lightning great sword.

What are my chances against Bangolala? Or is there any new set of armour/weapon I should be aiming for?

Yes HR:1 :(

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
bigswords said:
Need some advice, I'm using a Yian Kut Ku full set of armour and I have the Khezu Lightning great sword.

What are my chances against Bangolala? Or is there any new set of armour/weapon I should be aiming for?

He has pretty pathetic health if you ask me, but its all about technique. He can be a monster if you predict his movements wrong, but he is nothing once you learn the safe spots. Stay to his sides, and if you're using a GS/LS roll towards him (to his side) more often than away. His stomach/hind legs area is where you want to be attacking while he is blowing snow/throwing ice.

He might seem unpredictable, and fast, but He doesn't have much health so just play it safe.

Xanathus

bigswords said:

I would farm up a fire longsword because in order to break Blangonga's fang you need fire element damage. You're also going to want it for a bunch of other monsters later on so you might as well start building it now. Blangonga is all about dealing quick attacks in because it moves quite fast.

depward said:
And I'm happy to report after multiple attempts, I'm still not able to kill the bastard. Cutting off his tail, getting some really goods hits in... twenty+ minutes in. And inevitably, I'll be diving left and right avoiding his rush and he'll get me in a rhythm where he'll hit me, I'll fall and roll, and won't be able to get out of the way for another (and sometimes another) hit, killing me.

ugh.

One thing I do when fighting Tigrex is to make sure that I stay close to him he becomes dangerous when hes at a distance where he can charge at you. Another thing is us a trap on him then put a large barrel bomb+ and a barrel bomb+ at his head, once it detonates run in to get a couple of strikes on him.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
RiderKairuu said:
If you any of guys would like to help a slightly noobish HR4 rank up that would be great! :D I use ad-hoc party.

Completely unrelated, but did you ever get your Obituary set, RiderKairuu? I know the main reason I love it is because it makes you look like a Rider from Kabuto. :D

Seraphis Cain said:
Completely unrelated, but did you ever get your Obituary set, RiderKairuu? I know the main reason I love it is because it makes you look like a Rider from Kabuto. :D
Yeah! That was the first thing I thought of too! It looks awesome I'll use it for as long as I need to.

A friend and I got to rank 6 yesterday. The thing is, he had like 21 available quests and I have 25. We saw some nargacugas quests that were not available for him. Anyone knows why?

Urgent quest for Hunter Rank 6 the Lao, When he hits the city gate I have a Bow do I stay on the ground and let the Piercing + Dragon element of my Bow tear through the belly or shout I hit the top of the back from the wall? Tips please

bigswords

Ok I need help with Bangolala HR1, weapon wise I'm ok. But armor wise can someone recommend me a armor that can withstand more then 3 hits from him? I'm using a full Kut Ku armor.

bigswords said:
Ok I need help with Bangolala HR1, weapon wise I'm ok. But armor wise can someone recommend me a armor that can withstand more then 3 hits from him? I'm using a full Kut Ku armor.

for sword? full garuga's is very good and have a high defense until you reach high level quests

if you cant make it, just look for one with the highest defense that you can afford, and go for it... you will change armor eventually when more stronger monsters appear

kruskev

this game is so fucking awesome. I don't know if anyone else made the comparison before but every wyvern battle is like expanded "the end" fight from MGS3. I am so addicted and i haven't even tried multiplayer yet.

kruskev said:
this game is so fucking awesome. I don't know if anyone else made the comparison before but every wyvern battle is like expanded "the end" fight from MGS3. I am so addicted and i haven't even tried multiplayer yet.

Yep, it indeed incredible

About to hit Rank 3 finally. Landshark battle was epic and I know I'm only just getting started :D

Top Bottom