• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Thread

oracrest

some more!...

1254888016658.jpg

Luigiv

RelentlessRolento said:
the new spinoff game looks great from the recent famitsu scans!

animal crossing + sidescrolling action
ORLY.jpg

I shall go search now.

Edit: How cute. Still I'd rather have news on MHP3. I'm just curious to see if it'll be based on MH3 or not.

So I picked this up for $7.48 out of the Target Clearance bin.

I don't have a $300 Sony router to get the fucker online, so what's the best weapon for someone who loves attack spam; but also won't god damn break / lose sharpness like it's a porcelain doll?

I was thinking the long sword, sword, or dual swords.

Also reading the manual, they make it sound as if you can maintain weapon sharpness by limiting your attacks. Is this true?

I want to like this game, but I recall the PS2 version being a real ball buster and like I said - I've got nobody to play with so I'm on my own and don't want to be a god damned weapons nanny.

The Take Out Bandit said:

I don't have a $300 Sony router to get the fucker online, so what's the best weapon for someone who loves attack spam; but also won't god damn break / lose sharpness like it's a porcelain doll?

I was thinking the long sword, sword, or dual swords.

Also reading the manual, they make it sound as if you can maintain weapon sharpness by limiting your attacks. Is this true?

I want to like this game, but I recall the PS2 version being a real ball buster and like I said - I've got nobody to play with so I'm on my own and don't want to be a god damned weapons nanny.
Maybe the hammer. The only drawback to it, as far as I'm concerned, is its range. The triple-pound (triangle-triangle-triangle) is very effective, and the charge attack (hold R) can disregard sharpness to score hits. Sadly, you won't be able to slice anything off. That early in the game, though, you're probably better off not worrying about harvesting and just beating everything into a pulp.

The Take Out Bandit said:
I just did too! After playing the heck out of Freedom 2 I was just going to skip Unite and wait for MH3. But $7 is too low to ignore.

If you like to spam you may like long sword. The sharpness stays pretty consistent and every couple hits you get to unload a big fast frenzy combo attack. It's my favorite weapon.

I loaded up my old character but was having trouble finding any missions in the new forest area place. How do I get there?

I'd love to join in with you guys in an Adhoc party. Do you have a chat room or anything you use to coordinate games?

Thanks guys.

Also for fucks sake Crapcom - FUCKING INFRASTRUCTURE ONLINE PLAY GOD DAMMIT!

Granted, Sony needs to make it a selling point for PSP developers; but I hope with Phantasy Star Portable 2 leading the charge more Japanese developers will pull their head out of their asses for the sake of the Western market.

yurinka

Tailzo said:
I haven't been following that spin-off cat game a lot but... Are there any chance it'll be translated?
I would say nope, since Monster Hunter and its PSP sales aren't as big outside Japan.

ACE 1991

Thinking of picking this title up for my new psp 3000. How impenetrable is it? I know it's huge in Japan, but it seems to have received somewhat mixed reception in the US.

ACE 1991 said:
Thinking of picking this title up for my new psp 3000. How impenetrable is it? I know it's huge in Japan, but it seems to have received somewhat mixed reception in the US.

if you have a PSP right now download the demo, but when playing it come from the understanding that its something that takes time, not something you can immediatly jump in and like.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The game takes a little while for it to "click", then after another while, itll "click" again, and a couple more times after that! Its really deep.

Honestly, I think its the best new Capcom IP since Street Fighter.

Just remember, the game is all about timing and dodging ;)

oracrest

ACE 1991 said:

It's like smoking. At first, it makes you cough and hack, and you wonder why anyone would do this. then cut to 10 years later, and you need rehab to get yourself off of the addiction!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
oracrest said:
It's like smoking. At first, it makes you cough and hack, and you wonder why anyone would do this. then cut to 10 years later, and you need rehab to get yourself off of the addiction!
To me, it was the perfect game from the very first mission.

oracrest

Brazil said:
To me, it was the perfect game from the very first mission.

The only part to me that was ever throw-your-controller-at-the-wall frustrating was the old 3 sootstone ore mission from the ofiginal.

They quickly removed those missions in later games.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ACE 1991 said:
I think I'll have to pick it up. How large is the online community? I know it's beyond huge in Japan.

Its not really online, you play with other people with psp's next to you (ad-hoc, right?) ... so if you have friends, great :) If not, you have to get creative.

ACE 1991

Raging Spaniard said:
Its not really online, you play with other people with psp's next to you (ad-hoc, right?) ... so if you have friends, great :) If not, you have to get creative.

I was led to believe that through using some ad-hoc party feature on the PS3 one could play online?

Raging Spaniard

ACE 1991 said:
I was led to believe that through using some ad-hoc party feature on the PS3 one could play online?

I have no answer since I only play with people from work :| Game is a blast offline also though, but yeah, multiplayer is amazing.

Arkaerial said:
Actually 20GB models had wired but no wireless.
Ah, so that would still make them unable to use ad-hoc party since the PSP connects to the ps3 over the wireless, correct? I have a 40GB model so it doesn't really affect me.

Top Bottom