• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations leaked (MHX)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
How is it weird and unfitting? It's literally four generations of Monster Hunter in the same game.

Generations is perfect for X given the content it has. Not sure how it's weird or unfitting at all...

Just feel like the new combat system being fairly amped up and different suited the new 'X' monika while Generations makes it sound like a collection.

Pejo

I'd love it if this was a Wii U port, but I'm willing to be happy with a localization of X.

There's nothing saying definitively that this is only X correct?

salromano

I'd love it if this was a Wii U port, but I'm willing to be happy with a localization of X.

It won't be definite till tomorrow, but it's 99 percent probably X. There's the leak, which Nibel is backing, and I doubt Capcom would bother with a Wii U port.

Ridley327

I wonder if they're not doing a Monster Hunter X G then.

I know they said they weren't planning to do one prior to the release of the game, but I honestly expected them to recant once the sales numbers came in. I guess fifth gen is coming out a lot sooner than I expected.

Vuze

I wonder if they're not doing a Monster Hunter X G then.
Yeah wondering this too. I think it's too early to announce it for Japan now but potentially announcing a localization for the base game and then revealing the extended editions for Japan only a few months later would be pretty strange. I'd be happy if there was no G version, they should really focus on brand new content for MH5 instead.

NeonZ

Generations could actually be some kind of MHXG announcement and localization, rather than just MHX. All DLC in Monster Hunter, although free, is basically on cart from the start and just time locked - but there's no Fire Emblem content in the current MHX, so this would need to be a new version, unless they're changing how they handle the DLC.

Neoxon

I know they said they weren't planning to do one prior to the release of the game, but I honestly expected them to recant once the sales numbers came in. I guess fifth gen is coming out a lot sooner than I expected.
So are they gonna jump straight to 5 after MHX/MHG rather than do an Ultimate version?

Ridley327

So are they gonna jump straight to 5 after MHX/MHG rather than do an Ultimate version?

Well, it's worth nothing that they wouldn't be doing that straight away with Stories being this year's big title for the series in Japan, but I do think that as far as traditional MH is concerned, I think it is looking likely that they'll be heading right into 5 now.

Syril

It's hard to say with 100% confidence, but they still called it 4 Ultimate for our version even though we never got the original 4. X hasn't been out for very long in Japan either, and it hasn't even been as long as when 4 was out before they announced 4G/Ultimate.

I wonder if they're not doing an XG then.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. They were saying that they were using X to experiment with the mechanics. Maybe they're going to take the parts the like the best from it and use them for 5?

Neoxon

Well, it's worth nothing that they wouldn't be doing that straight away with Stories being this year's big title for the series in Japan, but I do think that as far as traditional MH is concerned, I think it is looking likely that they'll be heading right into 5 now.
So as far as traditional Monster Hunter goes, they'll likely opt to do MH5 on the NX Platform (as indicated by Capcom localizing MHX/MHG now rather than waiting for an Ultimate version), right?

Ridley327

So as far as traditional Monster Hunter goes, they'll likely opt to do MH5 on the NX Platform (as indicated by Capcom localizing MHX/MHG now rather than waiting for an Ultimate version), right?

I do think that's what we're looking at here.

Now, this isn't to say that MH5 is now a 2017 title and is getting a worldwide simultaneous launch, but I think this is the route that they're taking.

Syril

It seems like the likely thing to do. The main team is still busy doing Stories, and the next system is supposed to come out this year right?

Rodin

Soooo, if the leak is legit, what the fuck is that MHGxFE? Do i get to play as Corrin slaying monsters? Because fuck yes please.
And now, after this leak, all we need is for VGLeaks to leak NX specs
The direct is meant to be for Summer and Paper Mario Wii U is probably further out.

At this point i guess Paper Mario is cross gen.

tuffy

With the main team working on Stories, not having a G version of MHX would basically mean foregoing a conventional action hunting game in Japan in 2016, which seems unusual in its own right. But either way, MH5 arriving on the NX does seem inevitable.

mrjohill

Soooo, if the leak is legit, what the fuck is that MHGxFE? Do i get to play as Corrin slaying monsters? Because fuck yes please.
And now, after this leak, all we need is for VGLeaks to leak NX specs

At this point i guess Paper Mario is cross gen.

It'll be dlc costumes

Neoxon

It seems like the likely thing to do. The main team is still busy doing Stories, and the next system is supposed to come out this year right?
Well, one of the NX devices is out this holiday season (likely the home console, with the handheld coming early next year). This is assuming that the shared platform rumor pans out.

Kinsei

Banned
So the leak is real T_T. I'm super pumped for MHX (I gotta finish up the last few quests I have left to do in 4U now), but I really wanted Rhythm Heaven.

FelipeMGM

Guys, I must know

Which one of you is NerdLeaks?

And why did you pick such a shitty name for an awesome service?

Top Bottom