• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Stories announced for 3DS (RPG - 2016)

Shauni

What is this supposed to be? The trailer shows absolutely nothing.

A RPG with Monster Hunter creatures and stylized cell-shaded graphics. It's a teaser. Not sure why everyone is expecting some kind of in-depth gameplay analysis out of an announcement trailer.

Highwind

The like/dislike bar.
nn3vYPK.gif
nn3vYPK.gif
nn3vYPK.gif

Looks cool. Need to see more though.

Ashkeloth

Interesting idea, but not my style.

Aesthetically looks like the sort of lighthearted adventure setting that you might get in a Dragon Quest title, which is all well and good, but I'm personally not a fan of Dragon Quest all that much and don't feel the style fits the Monster Hunter that I enjoy.

As long as they keep releasing mainline MH games no matter how well this sells (and why wouldn't they?), I'm good.

Effect

Okay I'm intrigued. I've been enjoying Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and before that 3 so I'm interested in learning more about this.

Came into this thread so excited and that was dashed in a little over 2 minutes. Adults does not seem to be the crowd they are going for here which is a huge shame but it is what it is. :(

Roldan

Not sure on how to feel about this, but the art style is cool at least. I dislike these reveal trailers, because it almost always gives no clue about what the game is. ):

The art style looks great and I think this game is pitched toward a younger crowd and I think that's fine. We have the main series to play. It has a Fantasy Life feel to it in graphics.

I don't think there will be complains from the main Monster Hunter fan base. This is a way to get younger people into the main series and to grow the fan base.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Before Trailer

"Holy crap is it going to be like some weird awesome turn based fighting system?"

After Trailer

oh. At least the mini Rathalos looks...fun
ayyy I enjoyed Fantasy Life tho

If this is anything like a harder fantasy life i will jump in headfirst

Ken

Could be cool but that felyne is freaky.

Also looks like mounted combat will be a big deal going by the logo.

Vandole

Well I'm not really sure what it showed other than the artstyle and a lighthearted feel. But it's interested me enough to want to see more.

Top Bottom