• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Stories announced for 3DS (RPG - 2016)

Rootbeer

Banned
I really dig what they showed off in the video, even though it's sure to look worse on the 3DS.

But it's the platform I would most want this on, so yay!

Hope this is good. MH is a great franchise but I'm more of an RPG player. I hope they can blend the two in a satisfying way.

emb

I like the aesthetic a lot. Flashing the word RPG on the screen gives an indication, but I'm not sure how much to make of it. Either way, I enjoy MH and RPGs, so I doubt I'd be displeased. But I half doubt it gets localized.

Looks great. I really want to see what they do with it, Monster Hunter has a great opportunity at creating an amazing story.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate/G did a great job developing the story, showing us more than one town and how the people struggle in their daily life with monsters being around, attacking cities and stuff.

Also looks great, as if Level-5 was involved in some way.

Shauni

I like the aesthetic a lot. Flashing the word RPG on the screen gives an indication, but I'm not sure how much to make of it. Either way, I enjoy MH and RPGs, so I doubt I'd be displeased. But I half doubt it gets localized.

Didn't Monster Hunter 4 do better than expected? I mean, obviously, this is looking to be quite different, but I assume Nintendo will want to try to get the brand going in NA and Europe.

Alrus

Wat, where did this come from?

Jesus Christ they just stole that poor animals baby. This is fucked up.

This is a series where you kill a shit ton of wild animals then carve them and wear their skin as armor/weapon. Stealing an egg is rather tame.

Shauni

You won't make everyone happy but hoping that people can tell this is different to the main series and that it won't affect it.

Here's hoping, but if it's anything I've learned from reading Monster Hunter threads that there is more than a decent amount of the fanbase who just seem to be bitter on everything that's not...well, you know.

CTLance

I want that. The Felyne redesign looks hella ugly though. Ew.

Now, to wait for some screenshots and gameplay/design specs. I wanna know more before I invest any premium hype units in this.

took a screen cap
CCXCMLnUAAE1J-V.png

?
Knew it looked familiar

GWX

This looks amazing! I love the art style, surely a better fit for the 3DS than MH3 and 4. Hopefully it'll fill the void left by the absence of a hypothetical single-player DQXI on the platform.

-Horizon-

I'll be the first one to throw out wild speculation. The trailer was in game, and we're looking at the first announced game for the NX.

If "3DS" wasn't in like the first 5 seconds of the video, and the NX was a handheld, I'd be absolutely fine if it could output these kinds of graphics.

im guessing people were expecting the yearly traditional MH game

That makes sense. Darn it Japan, just accept this spinoff game!

Eila

Going for the YW audience I see.
This ought to look amazing in HD. Hopefully there's a port down the line. Then again there'sa bunch of games a bit let down by just that, the resolution. I look forward to replaying a couple in the inevitable HD remasters.

Top Bottom