• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Disney Release dates: Frozen 2 set for 11/27/19. Lion King on 7/19/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

My final OP update:

Deadline has a PDF listing Disney's 2017-2021 release schedule as it stands today. 2020 and 2021 are fairly preliminary still, and there are placeholders everywhere.

Code:
2017 Films
5/5/17 GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 (3D)
5/26/17 PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES (3D)
6/16/17 CARS 3 (3D)
11/3/17 THOR: RAGNAROK (3D)
11/22/17 COCO (3D)
12/15/17 STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (3D)

2018 Films
2/16/18 BLACK PANTHER (3D)
3/9/18 A WRINKLE IN TIME (3D)
4/6/18 MAGIC CAMP
5/4/18 AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (3D)
5/25/18 UNTITLED HAN SOLO STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY FILM (3D)
6/15/18 THE INCREDIBLES 2 (3D)
7/6/18 ANT-MAN AND THE WASP (3D)
8/3/18 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action)
11/2/18 MULAN (Live Action) (3D)
11/21/18 RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET: WRECK-IT RALPH 2 (3D)
12/25/18 MARY POPPINS RETURNS

2019 Films
3/8/19 CAPTAIN MARVEL (3D)
3/29/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action)
4/12/19 UNTITLED DISNEYTOON STUDIOS
5/3/19 UNTITLED AVENGERS (3D)
5/24/19 STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (3D)
6/21/19 TOY STORY 4 (3D)
7/19/19 THE LION KING (Live Action) (3D)
8/9/19 UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION
11/8/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action)
11/27/19 FROZEN 2 (3D)
12/20/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action)

2020 Films
3/13/20 UNTITLED PIXAR ANIMATION (3D)
4/3/20 UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION
5/1/20 UNTITLED MARVEL (3D)
6/19/20 UNTITLED PIXAR ANIMATION (3D)
7/10/20 UNTITLED INDIANA JONES
8/7/20 UNTITLED MARVEL (3D)
11/6/20 UNTITLED MARVEL (3D)
11/25/20 GIGANTIC (3D)

2021 Films
3/12/21 UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION
6/18/21 UNTITLED PIXAR ANIMATION (3D)
Wed 11/24/21 UNTITLED DISNEY ANIMATION (3D)

Can web/app developers preemtively start working on filters that will block "vertical video of daughter singing shitty new Frozen 2 song" from ever being displayed on my devices? We need to stay ahead of this as a society.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
My final OP update:

Deadline has a PDF listing Disney's 2017-2021 release schedule as it stands today. 2020 and 2021 are fairly preliminary still, and there are placeholders everywhere.

8/3/18 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action)

2019 Films
3/29/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action)
8/9/19 UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION
11/8/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action)
12/20/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action)

[/CODE]

One of these is probably Aladdin.

Blader

Moving 2020's second Marvel movie from early July to early August sounds to me like that movie will be a new property rather than a sequel.

I'm guessing then May 2020 is Guardians 3 and November 2020 is Doctor Strange 2.

Pachimari

One of these is probably Aladdin.
I don't expect Aladdin the same year as Lion King. Mulan is next year is it?

Moving 2020's second Marvel movie from early July to early August sounds to me like that movie will be a new property rather than a sequel.

I'm guessing then May 2020 is Guardians 3 and November 2020 is Doctor Strange 2.
Please be a Black Widow solo movie. One can hope.

Oozer3993

That delay for Gigantic is heartbreaking. Aside from Star Wars Saga films, that's the movie I'm most excited for. And it's a 2 year bump too. I wonder if the story was rebooted again. Another Disney Animation movie (maybe Dean Wellin's Space Race project?) got delayed as well. Even Wreck-it Ralph got moved back a couple months. Hopefully this is more to do with release date positioning than it is story problems.

P.S. On the plus side, if I'm not mistaken, this just stealth announced 2 new Pixar movies, one each in 2020 and 2021. As fast I know, there aren't any other sequels rumored so those could be new IPs.

Shit. Has it been six years? I thought the first Frozen took 5 years to make anyway.

The final film was essentially in production for 5 years, but it had been in development hell before that. It was first given the go ahead in 2000 (if I'm remembering correctly). It got put on the back burner then thrown back into pre-production several times.

Blader

Please be a Black Widow solo movie. One can hope.

That ship has probably sailed, if only because I assume by then Scarlett will be tired of doing Marvel movies. I think she even said something either on the Civil War press tour or the Ghost in the Shell press tour that she'd be interested in a Widow movie but won't wait forever for one.

18-Volt

Disney, please keep Wreck it Ralph and Frozen sequels out of DAC, please. Sequels as DAC's is a terrible idea. Pack them with their originals when taking them off/putting them in the vault.

Pachimari

That ship has probably sailed, if only because I assume by then Scarlett will be tired of doing Marvel movies. I think she even said something either on the Civil War press tour or the Ghost in the Shell press tour that she'd be interested in a Widow movie but won't wait forever for one.
Which is why it should happen in 2020. Scarlet already knows she won't get a movie up till 2019, and Feige last said he was open to the idea. I think it will happen as early as possible after Phase 3 ends.

I'm thinking Big Hero 6 sequel.
No that's not it. Marvel has 3 titles lined up for 2020. It just says it'll get a 3D release too. If it was BH6 it would have listed it as a Disney Animation film.

kswiston

The problem with a Black Widow solo is that Scarlett will be 7 MCU films deep, and in a position to bargain a very favourable contract by that point. Do they want to pay her price tag or go with something newer? The brand does most of the heavy lifting.

Blader

The problem with a Black Widow solo is that Scarlett will be 7 MCU films deep, and in a position to bargain a very favourable contract by that point. Do they want to pay her price tag or go with something newer? The brand does most of the heavy lifting.

I think this is the reason there hasn't been a solo Widow movie already: it would've required some expensive contract negotiations that they didn't want to pay (then?). With Ike out of the movies, maybe Marvel is more willing to pay up for a solo Widow movie, but I'd probably expect them to invest in starting up a new franchise instead.

Two of the Marvel movies will be Spider-Man 2 and GotG 3.

The Spider-Man sequel is dated for July 2019.

kswiston

Staying fairly conservative with my predictions, I get close to $7B off of Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, Star Wars Ep 9, Toy Story 4, The Lion King, and Frozen 2. Higher if Avengers and Star Wars see a bit of a boost that the ends of major stories often see.

That's not even figuring in all of those placeholder dates.

If a studio was ever going to challenge $10B WW in a single year, Disney's 2019 is the year to do that.

I expect lower though, unless one of the fairy tale films is indeed Aladdin, and the rest of those placeholders release to decent money.

3N16MA

Banned
Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 in the same year.

Battle for the animated box office crown will be fierce.

Disney wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom