• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Namco-on-360 teasing from IGN

bloke

It's 2 days old, but couldn't find it on gaf via search, from IGN's mailbag;
You keep saying "keep your eyes on Namco." for 2007. I know you can't divulge some things, but you sure seem to have a clear view of smoke, and are assuming there's indeed fire.

My question is what great Namco franchises are there to get really excited about? The only ones I can think of are Soul Calibur, Tekken, and Katamari. I'd love to see Katamari come to the 360, as the Achievements feature would be fantastic, wouldn't it?

Well, you're right. I do know about some excellent Namco franchises coming to Xbox 360 and I cannot talk about them. You're on the right track, but you have missed one big one. Can't say, of course, but there is one more big one that started in the arcades and has remained a loyal Sony game on PS2 all these years.

--Douglass
Ace Combat? Something like Time Crisis is not 'that' big.

LJ11

The only game he missed that started in the arcades was Time Crisis.

Edit: MaesroRyan, he's a herb who cares what he thinks.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
it will be tekken i think....poor sony... 2lose so many of them exclusive stuff

gbovo

cw_sasuke said:
it will be tekken i think....poor sony... 2lose so many of them exclusive stuff
yeah, now that they're going multi platform, PS3 owners will never be able to play those games again.

LJ11

It's Air Combat aka Ace Combat. Air Combat came out in Japanese arcades in '92. When they brought out the game on the PS1 they changed the title to Ace Combat in Japan, but they kept the name Air Combat in the U.S. They changed the name to Ace here in the states later on.

Edit: Beaten by MarkMan. It can't be Tekken because the response insinuated that "he missed a big one," and then he drops some more hints. Put it online Namco.

Branduil

Well, let's think about this logically. We all know Namco hates money. So which franchise would make the LEAST amount of money if they put it on the 360?

westical

Banned
The guy mentions Tekken, and then the IGN guy tells him he's missed one.

So I'm not sure why you think it's Tekken.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
IGN need to shut up until they have something concrete to speak about. All this speculation/hinting etc. is getting boring.

Geezer

westical said:
The guy mentions Tekken, and then the IGN guy tells him he's missed one.

So I'm not sure why you think it's Tekken.

Tekken has never been on a home console other than PS1/PS2. Soul Calibur 2 made it to the GC and Xbox. It's obviously Tekken he is speaking of.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Geezer said:
It's obviously Tekken he is speaking of.

He said "you missed one" (and the IGN guy did mention Tekken, so that's not the one).

I bet it's Ace Combat. Time Crisis is nono without a light gun (unless they change the game completely)

He also said, that it's a game that moved from arcades right to the PS2, so it's not Ace Combat or TEKKEN (they were available on PSX).

I don't know any Namco game that moved from arcades to the PS2, Time Crisis, maybe?

Geezer

Ynos Yrros said:
I don't know any Namco game that moved from arcades to the PS2, Time Crisis, maybe?

The original Time Crisis was on the PS1.

Random ebay image:
4706_1.JPG

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Now that I think of it... he only mentions PS2, not PS1. Ace Combat was on PS1 too.

I change my bet.

MOTO GP - started in arcades and was released only on PS2 (and PSP) al these years.

The only game that went from arcade, to PS2 (which never appeared on on PS1) is Taiko Drummaster (always been on a Sony platform).

Geezer said:
The original Time Crisis was on the PS1.

Random ebay image:
That's what I thought, I don't like that game so I wasn't sure of it's history :).

So are there any games that could take that spot? It could be Tales... game, they started on PSX, but I can't think of any other Namco franchise. RR, TEKKEN adn Ace Combat is all that counts.

Edit:
It could be Moto GP, sad part is that there's a superior product on XBox 360.

goldenpp72

its probably another ign mess up if nothing else, I imagine it will be one of (assuming there is even any) the titles mentioned.

Dali

TTP said:
Now that I think of it... he only mentions PS2, not PS1. Ace Combat was on PS1 too.

I change my bet.

MOTO GP - started in arcades and was released only on PS2 (and PSP) al these years.

Yeah I just looked up some guesses on 1up. Alpine Racer is a candidate as well.

Edit: As was already said, whatever it is, if it isn't Tekken/SC, this news is meh.

The only Namco game I can think of that came out on the PS2, arcade and nothing else is Vampire Night. :lol

edit: ah yes, Moto GP - not to be confused with MotoGP for the Xbox by THQ...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dali said:
Yeah I just looked up some guesses on 1up. Alpine Racer is a candidate as well.

Edit: As was already said, whatever it is, if it isn't Tekken/SC this news is meh.

Yeah but that's hardly a "big one". MotoGP is hardly a big one too but... I dont ****ing know :lol

lupin23rd

Tales actually started on Super Famicom (Tales of Phantasia) and certainly hasn't been Sony exclusive over the years.

Unless he just meant Playstation in general, the most likely candidate seems to be the taiko drum game. It has been a pretty decent selling series in my opinion. I don't know if that really suits the 360 crowd, though.

"Hey Dreamcast, meet..... MR DRILLER!" all over again? Although this time I can laugh.

Certainly Namco has a few more decent franchises that what was listed, though.

Ace Combat and Time Crisis are also likely if he just meant Playstation and not necessarily PS2.

Speevy

Banned
Geezer said:
Maybe the IGN guy cocked up and meant to say PS1/PS2?

Do you honestly think the guy answered that question after looking through a list of Namco games and target platforms?

It could be anything that was both on the arcades and consoles.

Top Bottom