• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Namco-on-360 teasing from IGN

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Ace Combat makes the most sense. an Airplane game would sell a lot on the 360. Especially a good one. This would be our Crimson Skies

Alpha_eX

Diablohead said:
I loved time crisis years ago and still do now, if it was that though how would a lightgun work?
Well usually you point the light gun at the targets on screen and shoot ;)

I really hope it's Taiko no Tatsujin, that's the only one I can think of that started in the arcades and has only been on the PS2 since.

Speevy

Banned
I really hope it isn't Tekken, because that means Soul Calibur is PS3 exclusive. That's the game I want. I'd even give up DOA for that.

they *do* make like guns that work on HDTVs you know. i've never used one to know how they compare to the old ones, just that they do make ones that work on lcd/plasma/rear projection and all that.

i'd like it to be time crisis because i personally would think that's bigger than ace combat, but that's subjective i guess (it was certainly bigger in the arcades).

time crisis is like the only coin op i ever single credited. they used to have it at the laser tag place i worked at when i was a teenager... my reaction times were measured at race driver levels then actually. but then playing tons of laser tag and arcades will do that.

my fingers are crossed for time crisis anyway. the 360 has no such games yet.

edit:http://www.erealgames.com/

they make the lightgun i was thinking of. it works a bit like that old genesis gun with a reciever that sits on top of your TV... like i say i haven't used it to know if it's up to snuff.

Alpha_eX

The AnswerV said:
Taiko Drum Master?
That's what I said before, it's the only one I can think of that's come from the arcade onto ps2 and stayed exclusive.

It's probally tekken and IGN have just given a really bad clue.

icecream

Public Health Threat
I don't see any reason for Tekken, other than for fanbois to have yet another bullet point.

And assuming he was correct in his statement, it all points to Ace Combat.

Shinobi

A light gun would be hard to justify for just one game, and TC4 would clearly need it. But if Sega had plans to convert HOTD4 and even VC3 to 360 (as well as PS3), that would make it a bit more worthwhile. Plus who's to say the older light gun games couldn't hit Live Arcade? That 250 meg limit didn't just go up for nothing you know...and Sega's still sitting in a corner with 20 years of arcade games to mine. But that's a subject for another thread.

To get back on topic, Time Crisis or Ace Combat are the only two games that makes sense in the context of how it was said. Personally I'd lean towards the latter. Tekken 6 I think will hit 360 as well, but not before it enjoys some money hat time on PS3 (Scamco isn't gonna piss off Sony completely).

BioFan

Of all namco's franchise, I'd like to see Ace Combat on the 360...with online dog fights and maybe coop play through the story mission would be amazing. Make it happen namco!
:D

AltogetherAndrews said:
Namco games... are those even worth teasing about these days?

Glad to see you've moved on.

BioFan said:
Of all namco's franchise, I'd like to see Ace Combat on the 360...with online dog fights and maybe coop play through the story mission would be amazing. Make it happen namco!
:D

That would be excellent.

Trakdown

TTP said:
But how do you make a TC game without a light gun?

I hope by God and Sunny Jesus that they choose not to answer that question.

I'd say Tekken, probably a timed exclusive.

Oh, wait, IGN? Then it's nothing. They're still on credibility probation after the Triology mess, IMO.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
cw_sasuke said:
it will be tekken i think....poor sony... 2lose so many of them exclusive stuff

I think I trip over a little troll over there. Yea you are right, no more tekken for playstation, yeaaaaaaaaaaaa right.

Hunter D

Speevy said:
I really hope it isn't Tekken, because that means Soul Calibur is PS3 exclusive. That's the game I want. I'd even give up DOA for that.
The last two SC games have been trash. Tekken 5 is the best fighting that Namco has made. Can't wait to see what they do with Tekken 6.

cw_sasuke said:
it will be tekken i think....poor sony... 2lose so many of them exclusive stuff

Tekken started out on the good ol' PSOne, not on the PS2. If Tekken 6 sales like poo, I wouldn't necessarily rule out an X360 version though.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
EverSoTrendy said:
WHAT! Sc2 was broken as hell, now SC3 was just pure trash. In fact SC3 is near unplayable, this happens when they don't release to Arcades first to get the proper testing.

speaks the truth

jimbo

Banned
If we are to assume this IGN guy is speaking truth, WHY the heck are people still guessing Tekken and SC?

He pretty much "confirmed" that those two are coming, but he's clearly reffering to another franchise OTHER THAN THOSE TWO that's coming.

jimbo said:
If we are to assume this IGN guy is speaking truth, WHY the heck are people still guessing Tekken and SC?

He pretty much "confirmed" that those two are coming, but he's clearly reffering to another franchise OTHER THAN THOSE TWO that's coming.

Thats why I think it might be Ace Combat?!?

leehom

If Namco makes TC4 for xbox360, I would buy a 360 just for that ONE game. I hope Namco is working on TC4 for at least ONE of the next gen systems. Be it PS3 or 360 I dont care, I just want it.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
It bears mentioning that Tekken and Ace Combat are NOT Sony exclusive franchises. Both saw iterations released on the venerable GBA... :)

I wonder where Soul Calibur 4 will end up...

I'm the living definition of a 'casual' fighting game player, and SC4 is really the only 3D fighter that still interests me.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Mejilan said:
It bears mentioning that Tekken and Ace Combat are NOT Sony exclusive franchises. Both saw iterations released on the venerable GBA... :)

IGN isn't smart enough to follow up on things like this

Shinobi

neojubei said:
I think I trip over a little troll over there. Yea you are right, no more tekken for playstation, yeaaaaaaaaaaaa right.

That isn't what he said at all...he's simply saying that games that once only came out on Playstation consoles are now hitting the other platforms as well. That's not a troll, that's just a fact.

neojubei

Shinobi said:
That isn't what he said at all...he's simply saying that games that once only came out on Playstation consoles are now hitting the other platforms as well. That's not a troll, that's just a fact.

I really do not care since I'll play all my multi platform games on the ps3.

goldenpp72

loosing isn't a word to my knowledge, as for the ps3 losing it, it's not technically losing it as a game, but losing it as a valid reason to buy the console over the other option.

neojubei

goldenpp72 said:
loosing isn't a word to my knowledge, as for the ps3 losing it, it's not technically losing it as a game, but losing it as a valid reason to buy the console over the other option.

Well ok, however, if someone already has a ps3 they could buy it for the ps3.

Top Bottom