• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Namco-on-360 teasing from IGN

Barnolde

Banned
Tekken's garbage. Soul Calibur, whether multiplatform or exclusive would be nice. Now if only there was a decent d-pad...

Dali

meltpotato said:
Tekken and Tales are both shit.. I hope they aren't dumping that on the console and holding back SC.
Barnolde said:
Tekken's garbage. Soul Calibur, whether multiplatform or exclusive would be nice. Now if only there was a decent d-pad...

Tekken rules (ignoring Tekken 4)! It was the first fighting game to have a button scheme that was conducive to learning moves easily: The 2 fists/2 feet layout (like a real person). A lot of moves I can just look at the animation and tell how to do them. Did they rush forward using both hands? Oh, well f,f, LP+RP is probably how you do it.

But all this conjecture is pointless. Cybersled FTW I say.:D

Hunter D

meltpotato said:
Tekken and Tales are both shit.. I hope they aren't dumping that on the console and holding back SC.
You seriously think SC is better than Tekken and Tales? Tekken 5 was the best game namco made last gen and is the best fighting game that namco has made. The SC games were terrible last gen. The games looked good graphically, thats only thing they had going for them.

Barnolde

Banned
Dali said:
Tekken rules (ignoring Tekken 4)! It was the first fighting game to have a button scheme that was conducive to learning moves easily: The 2 fists/2 feet layout (like a real person). A lot of moves I can just look at the animation and tell how to do them. Did they rush forward using both hands? Oh, well f,f, LP+RP is probably how you do it.

But all this conjecture is pointless. Cybersled FTW I say.:D

Whatever, but it's still no fun to play. That's where Soul Calibur wins in my book and in my heart <3.

Hunter D said:
You seriously think SC is better than Tekken and Tales? Tekken 5 was the best game namco made last gen and is the best fighting game that namco has made. The SC games were terrible last gen. The games looked good graphically, thats only thing they had going for them.

SC2 was quality and the series still feels fresh. Tekken is not only the stalest fighter out there, but is neither as pick up and play fun as DOA (with friends not into fighters) nor is it as good of a fighter to play competitively as VF. It is a shadow of it's former self. Tales is just a joke. Always has been.

I'd LOVE for it to be a Time Crisis game, but i really don't have my hopes up on that.

Dali

Hunter D said:

Not exactly agreeing or disagreeing with anything you just said, but you do realized the DC was last gen, right? DC = original SC = Highest rated 3d fighter last gen(save maybe VF4 Evo). I like Tekken 5 a lot and would put it on even ground with the original SC. I just wanted to remind you of the DC though.

xaosslug said:
this will likely be yet another IGN letdownton, I don't know why you guys even bother.
If its not Tekken or SC, I already think its a letdown. Ace Combat is aight, but nothing so special that MS couldn't make a similar game. Tekken and SC on the other hand...

cedric69

IGN Mailbox said:
My question is what great Namco franchises are there to get really excited about? The only ones I can think of are Soul Calibur, Tekken, and Katamari. I'd love to see Katamari come to the 360, as the Achievements feature would be fantastic, wouldn't it?

Well, you're right. I do know about some excellent Namco franchises coming to Xbox 360 and I cannot talk about them. You're on the right track, but you have missed one big one. Can't say, of course, but there is one more big one that started in the arcades and has remained a loyal Sony game on PS2 all these years.
Dizzy said:
According to that, IT CAN NOT BE TEKKEN!
You are wrong. They say that they know about some excellent franchises, that their reader is on the right track (so it could be one or more of the games he mentioned) but that he's missing one franchise.

It's pretty clear, I'm surprised everybody is messing it up...

LJ11

meltpotato said:
SC2 was quality and the series still feels fresh. Tekken is not only the stalest fighter out there, but is neither as pick up and play fun as DOA (with friends not into fighters) nor is it as good of a fighter to play competitively as VF. It is a shadow of it's former self. Tales is just a joke. Always has been.

I'd LOVE for it to be a Time Crisis game, but i really don't have my hopes up on that.

It sounds like you haven't spent serious time with Tekken 5. Namco really came through with that game. I was jaded as one can be with that franchise, but 5 actually brought life back into the series. I enjoyed it much more than SC2 and SC3.

jarrod

Banned
Well really, with VF5 now on 360... what's even the need for Tekken 6? It's like wanting DOA4 on PS3, why bother?

At least Soul Calibur offers something somewhat different and more complimentary...

LJ11 said:
It sounds like you haven't spent serious time with Tekken 5. Namco really came through with that game. I was jaded as one can be with that franchise, but 5 actually brought life back into the series. I enjoyed it much more than SC2 and SC3.

I definitely didnt give it "serious time" but i did appreciate it much more than Tekken 4. However, it just feels so stale to me at this point that i don't think i could really get into it again. DOA + VF have all i need and SC has it's own novelty. Calling Tekken shit may be a little too harsh, but i definitely feel like the series has run it's course for me and has lost its relevancy at this point, regardless of recent attempts at improvement.

jarrod said:
At least Soul Calibur offers something somewhat different and more complimentary...

exactly.

meltpotato said:

Bitter tears because Soul Calibur is trash and Namco doesn't care about it? Uh oh

Like a spanish saying, there are idiots who are idiots no matter how soon they wake up.

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Bitter tears because Soul Calibur is trash and Namco doesn't care about it? Uh oh.
Not his fault Namco's f'ed things up after SC2... though these days they seem to f-up everything regardless. :/

jarrod

Banned
Alex said:
This sure is a positive thread of happiness.
It's Scamco, what'd you expect. Yoshizawa's teams are the only division even worth caring about these days... and then it's mainly just to hope for Klonoa sequels. :lol

jarrod said:
Not his fault Namco's f'ed things up after SC2... though these days they seem to f-up everything regardless. :/
Prior to that it was a secondary franchise, doesn't help its more of a dead franchise by now.

jarrod said:
It's Scamco, what'd you expect. Yoshizawa's teams are the only division even worth caring about these days... and then it's mainly just to hope for Klonoa sequels.
Yeah, can't wait to see how everyone ignores a Scamco game for 360. Going by this thread it looks like no one wants Scamco games....yet. Then they'll be renamed as Goddamco.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Bitter tears because Soul Calibur is trash and Namco doesn't care about it? Uh oh

Like a spanish saying, there are idiots who are idiots no matter how soon they wake up.

Bitter tears? :lol about what?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Yeah, can't wait to see how everyone ignores a Scamco game for 360. Going by this thread it looks like no one wants Scamco games....yet. Then they'll be renamed as Goddamco.
What?

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Prior to that it was a secondary franchise, doesn't help its more of a dead franchise by now.
It could be revived, SC1/2 were insanely well recieved both critically and commercially. SC2 was Namco's best selling game last gen actually.

T6 following in SC3's "console first" roots doesn't exactly inspire confidence either...

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Well, nobody wants RR6, Love Football or the Idol Master evidently. I'm not expecting much to change... maybe if SC4 & AC6 are righteous return to forms though they might though.

Dali

jarrod said:
It's Scamco, what'd you expect. Yoshizawa's teams are the only division even worth caring about these days... and then it's mainly just to hope for Klonoa sequels. :lol

Why does everyone rag on Namco so much. Tekken and SC are good games. I haven't played Tales of the Abyss, but that looks like a good RPG w/an interesting fight system. Then you have...er....hmm...does anybody like Gundam? They've got a lot of anime licenses. I'm sure some of those games are pretty decent. Has anyone played the Ultimate Ninja games, starring the lamest character ever designed, Naruto? Me neither, but it has an interesting sketchy manga look to the graphics, and I hear it isn't all bad. Point proven. Namco: One of video game's elite.

jarrod

Banned
Dali said:
Why does everyone rag on Namco so much. Tekken and SC are good games. I haven't played Tales of the Abyss, but that looks like a good RPG w/an interesting fight system. Then you have...er....hmm...does anybody like Gundam? They've got a lot of anime licenses. I'm sure some of those games are pretty decent. Has anyone played the Ultimate Ninja games, starring the lamest character ever designed, Naruto? Me neither, but it has an interesting sketchy manga look to the graphics, and I hear it isn't all bad. Point proven. Namco: One of video game's elite.
I'm speaking only towards Namco's internal R&D... Tales Studio's still quality and I don't really consider Bandai efforts when I'm talking about Namco games.

clashfan

gutter_trash said:
with a PS3 atl east you don`t have to worry about guessing if so or not you will get your Namco fighters

just buy a PS3, thread over.

Not everyone can afford to have multiple consoles. Alot of us have bills to pay.

jarrod said:
Well, nobody wants RR6, Love Football or the Idol Master evidently. I'm not expecting much to change... maybe if SC4 & AC6 are righteous return to forms though they might though.
I wonder what are their righteous forms, I think I have a feeling it'll depend on the three letters/numbers between brackets. Maybe not on you, maybe not on me, but on the majority of this forum.

clashfan said:
Not everyone can afford to have multiple consoles. Alot of us have bills to pay.

not to be an ass, but if you really wanted Namco fighters then you should of waited for the PS3 and not buy a 360 if you can't afford them all

sacrifices by choice, and you chose.

Busty

Banned
gutter_trash said:
with a PS3 atl east you don`t have to worry about guessing if so or not you will get your Namco fighters

just buy a PS3, thread over.

Frankly I can see the 360 getting Soul Caliber, Ace Combat, Katamari (as an XBLA game), Tales Of.... and Time Crisis. But IMHO I just don't see Sony letting Tekken go without a fight.

If I had to put money on it, Tekken 6 stays a PS3 exclusive (they point to a massive, bloated game size, say 10/12GB+, as being the deciding factor) but Tekken Tag Tournament 2 could be a multi platform release, or even a 360 exlcusive?

At the same time, they port (or announce) Trusty Bell for the PS3 before the year's out. I think with Namco making RR 6 a 360 exclusive, I suppose there is a precedent for something like that happening again.

Dali

jarrod said:
I'm speaking only towards Namco's internal R&D... Tales Studio's still quality and I don't really consider Bandai efforts when I'm talking about Namco games.

I was only half serious anyway. As I typed that comment I had a genuinely hard time thinking of some good Namco games that weren't named Tekken, SC, or Tales. They've been in a bit of a rut since Cybersled.:D

EDIT: I forgot about Katamari.

clashfan

gutter_trash said:
not to be an ass, but if you really wanted Namco fighters then you should of waited for the PS3 and not buy a 360 if you can't afford them all

sacrifices by choice, and you chose.

Nobody is this thread is complaining. They just hope those fighters come to the 360. The way things look they probably will come to the 360. And please keep the fanboy antics away from this thread.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Busty said:
At the same time, they port (or announce) Trusty Bell for the PS3 before the year's out. I think with Namco making RR 6 a 360 exclusive, I suppose there is a precedent for something like that happening again.
Except Trusty Bell isn't even developed by Bandai/Namco, it's by Tri-Crescendo, so wouldn't it be up to them if they wanted to make a port?

icecream said:
Except Trusty Bell isn't even developed by Bandai/Namco, it's by Tri-Crescendo, so wouldn't it be up to them if they wanted to make a port?
I think it would be better for me not to mention I have a vibe that The Idol Master will go to PS3....would it? :/

Busty

Banned
icecream said:

If NAMCO only have a deal to publish the game and Tri-Crescendo financing it themselves, then perhaps.

But I don't think such a scenario is likely. After all, aren't we always being told that next gen development is an expensive business, it's all about mulit platform releasing to spread the sizeable production costs.......

And after all, for a game that was developed primarily for the Japanese gaming audience, it's unlikely to really sell that much in Japan never mind the Western market, despite Blue Dragon's success in Japan, I believe JRPGs are an unproven genre on the 360.... we shall see, all bets are off this gen.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I think it would be better for me not to mention I have a vibe that The Idol Master will go to PS3....would it? :/

To tell you the truth I'm almost expecting it... as a timed exclusive of sorts. It's not a problem though, because then it solves the annoying problem of regionality that's sure to be present in the 360 version. :D

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I wonder what are their righteous forms, I think I have a feeling it'll depend on the three letters/numbers between brackets. Maybe not on you, maybe not on me, but on the majority of this forum.
Throwback to AC4 and SC2. Namco did it for T5 (throwback to T3) and SEGA did it for VF4 (throwback to VF2) with pretty great results.

I also think The Idol Master and Eternal Sonata are PS3 bound... along with versions of Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Ninja Gaiden 2 and others.... I bet even DOA5 winds up multiplatform too honestly.

Top Bottom