Mortal Kombat reboot set to be produced and filmed in South Australia

switchback27

Jul 26, 2018
Miz plays a douchebag character so well in WWE, I legitimately want that guy to have a shot at "real" films.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
Why do writers who adapt games into movies feel like they need to add extra bullshit into the story even though the source material is perfectly fine schlock as is?

Keep it simple and keep it honest, if it's going to be terrible either way anyway.

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
OG films were a huge part of my childhood. i remember seeing the trailer for the first film in a theater. i remember our high school pep rallies (and Jock Jams) using the theme song. i remember Sonya Blade played by the hot teacher in Billy Madison. Scorpion did his "Get over here!" and the fight in the haunted woods was appropriately spooky. they nailed the atmosphere. all the characters looked like the game designs for the most part. it got pretty cheesy but i was glad they did not shy away from looking a lot like the game at points. one of the best videogame films IMO. the sequel was way worse, with some godawful CGI, but it was still a lot of fun to watch, and featured plenty more characters.

not really interested in the new movies, as the series has doubled down on realistic gore over cartooniness (or sexiness) so i fear the focus will be all about the violence. people want a hard R and i don't really want to see blood & gore which i know is a lame af thing to say but that's me. i liked the cartoonier pixelated original games. it was more like Big Trouble in Little China than Saw. however if the films are more to my taste, i'm in.

Mohonky

Jan 19, 2007
Hope it's rated R.

Wondering the reason why they traveled that far to film.
A lot more movies are shot in Australia than you might think.

Tax wise its cheaper, there are a bunch of big studios and visual fx teams etc.

Hell they shot parts of Scooby Doo down the road from me at a small waterfront park in Brisbane and parts of Pirates of the Caribbean also.....and yeh there was nothing special about the location

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2015
A lot more movies are shot in Australia than you might think.

Tax wise its cheaper, there are a bunch of big studios and visual fx teams etc.

Hell they shot parts of Scooby Doo down the road from me at a small waterfront park in Brisbane and parts of Pirates of the Caribbean also.....and yeh there was nothing special about the location
Ragnarok was also partly filmed in Brisbane.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
So this is how they costume rewrite the constume history. ;)

Last edited: