• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X will have console exclusive guest characters

How did the Soul Calibur characters work out?
There was Spawn and Link.
Then in another it was Star Killer and Yoda.

Exclusive characters are kind of dumb.

SC2 was Link from Zelda for Gamecube, Spawn from Spawn for Xbox, and Heihachi from Tekken on the PS2.

SC4 was Yoda on 360 and Vader on PS3 and Starkiller was on both.
Yoda and Vader were available as a download like the day later for the opposite consoles.

I don't think TLoU infected would work to well. Much like if people asked for L4D infected on the PC.

It would be awesome if they included Gerald of Rivia from the Witcher series as a DLC character. WB is supposed to publish both the Witcher 3 and Mortal Kombat X, yes?

All platforms could definitely benefit from this addition--I think he would fit in perfectly with the world of Mortal Kombat.

Geralt_of_Rivia.jpg

(credit goes to deadliestfiction.wikia.com)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm perfectly fine with guest characters. I'm less fine with beloved characters getting brutally decapitated though.

Bundy

Banned
I don't think TLoU infected would work to well. Much like if people asked for L4D infected on the PC.
I don't know, man.
They're brutal, killing people, are awesome-looking, their fatality would be gory, and they're even in the PS4 version of DIABLO 3. Makes sense to me ^_^
And it would be cool :)

theWB27

Yes.

I like the idea of characters from specific platforms but not if it excludes them from being on other platforms if you get what I mean. And since they are exclusive to platforms they would never be on the other ones anyway of course.

I get that it's just a bonus I just think its odd.

I can dig it. It would be nice to see mascots on different platforms for MK. Be kind of surreal. Sure it'll never happen though.

Ahhhhh forgot about that. Will be interesting to see what does happen.

Since they are doing it I hope they are fair and balanced about which platforms get what at least.

Kinda doubt it though. MKX will probably mainly be pushed on the PS4, I would get the PC version though probably.

I don't know, man.
They're brutal, killing people, are awesome-looking, they're fatality would be gory, and they're even in the PS4 version of DIABLO 3. Makes sense to me ^_^
And it would be cool :)

Fair enough.

I can dig it. It would be nice to see mascots on different platforms for MK. Be kind of surreal. Sure it'll never happen though.
Sadly :(

Sony platforms should definitely get Sweet Tooth. We've already had an inFamous character in a (non-Sony) crossover fighter, and Kratos already showed up in MK and Soul Calibur. (And as mentioned before, pretty sure Boon said he didn't want to do Kratos again.)

Microsoft platforms should definitely get a KI character. (I'd go with Orchid or Fulgore, personally.) It makes too much sense not to.

fernoca

But the IGN quote in the OP states there will be console-specific characters. Wouldn't that imply that each console would be getting characters that were specific to those consoles?
In the end there are other things involved too. Who knows. Last game they had the intention of putting an exclusive character on 360...Microsoft just wasn't interested. Then Kratos was announced and by the time MS got interest, it was too late; since the team was already working on finishing the game, patches, DLC and Injustice.

sjay1994

But the IGN quote in the OP states there will be console-specific characters. Wouldn't that imply that each console would be getting characters that were specific to those consoles?

Console specific doesn't mean everyone gets one.

It can be this character is specific to that platform and thats it.

Its very lose wording, just like "exclusive to xbox in holiday 2015"

usctrojan

Things like this and horserace female designs have kind of killed MK for me. The former just takes me out of the universe way too much even if no one plays them. Maybe it's just cross game marketing gimmicks that I am growing weary of.

Khezu

I know Boon likes Sweet Tooth, in fact he probably would have had him in over Kratos if he could.

However, would Sony actually let them use him though? Sweet Tooth is not exactly the most relevant character in Sony's stable. The background Zombies from TLOU probably have higher priority then him.

KingJ2002

My Picks:

Xbox - Fulgore / Marcus Fenix / Arbiter
PlayStation - Sweet Tooth / Nariko / Delsin Rowe (his smoke, neon, and digital styles would work with the new MKX system... think about it)

(Sack Boy would be great.... but considering little big planet is so family friendly i cant see it happen.)

J-Tier

Yeah I'm down with Xbox getting a KI character.

For PS4 either Sweet Tooth or Bloodborne default character would work. No one else from the PS family would really fit getting fatality'd IMO.

j.rob

i would who'll be exclusive to the wii u version

*laughs*

In an alternate universe where a Wii U version exists, I would love it if the guest character was Zero Suit Samus.

Rush down variation with crazy mix ups, dive kicks and swift command dodges from her jet boots. Plasma whip variation that gives her extended normal, air and anti air command grabs. Paralyser variation with projectiles that disrupt like normal ones, and some that stuns the opponent and sets up for free combos like Cyrax's net.

Fatality obviously would include her spawning her Varia suit at full power and doing something violent MK style.

But yeah Sweet Tooth for PS4 would be greaaaaaaaaat.

Valnen

Watch them pull a Soul Calibur and do something completely unrelated to both consoles. Another Vader/Yoda situation.

That would allow them to get extra money down the line too!

vg260

I'm expecting Delsin and Fulgore. I imagine both would work pretty well, and are the kind of characters the console makers would want to push as advertising.

They are not going to use a character like Delsin for the same reason there was never a SFvsMK. It's not a character from a game with that type of violence where the character is getting torn up like they do in MK. It has to be a character of a more violent tone. Something like Sweet Tooth would fit.

Top Bottom