• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X will have console exclusive guest characters

sjay1994

People keep stating characters, but completely seem to forget this is mortal kombat.

A better question is, what characters do you think these platform holders are ok with being ripped apart?

Khezu

Sackboy is a creepy looking little monster. I could see him ripping someones spleen out.

To bad he is so short.

Im fairly confident it be a PS only Char for these Reasons

1-They seem to be leading this game on PS4, as you will see in all there shots there is PS3's everywhere
(Plus boon hyped up Sony before E3 on his Twitter alot)

2-They announced this game at the Sony Conference at E3

3- its WB, Batman AK is giving PS4 exclusive content

4 - Kratos was only on PS3

I know it will cause salt.
Im own a PS4, and play NRS's games competitively since this is a console exclusive, its no gain to me since if he/she be banned from tourny's
but i can understands why the casuals player's be pissed.

vg260

People keep stating characters, but completely seem to forget this is mortal kombat.

A better question is, what characters do you think these platform holders are ok with being ripped apart?

Exactly. Something like a clicker or Sweet Tooth on PS.

Raam, maybe Gears good guy, or someone non human from KI.

From Microsoft a gears character or locust or any Killer Instinct and for Sony kratos. If they don't want to do kratos again then maybe someone from the order or hellblade.

Verendus

Banned
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman! NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN! BATMAN!! BATMAN!!!

I will be satisfied.

Banned
Cool, so Kratos should be back for the PS3/PS4 versions :D. I wonder who the Microsoft character will be though....I think it might either be Marcus Phoenix or a KI character.
Fulgore looks mortal kombatish to me. I'd take Jago too.

There is only one guest character MKX needs.

smtctmb.gif

JoeInky

Didn't like console exclusive characters in a fighting game and I don't like guest characters like Kratos and Freddy.

It's so dumb that they're doing it again.

Compbros

Didn't like console exclusive characters in a fighting game and I don't like guest characters like Kratos and Freddy.

It's so dumb that they're doing it again.

Not "dumb" considering Freddy was the highest selling single DLC character. "Not ideal"? Absolutely.

Compbros

I'd much rather they spend their time on ironing out any kinks rather than doing some console guest characters. DLC guests or guests across all platforms are a decision that they went with but allocating resources for weeks or months to get Kratos is bleh.

JoeInky

Not "dumb" considering Freddy was the highest selling single DLC character. "Not ideal"? Absolutely.

Oh, it's definitely not dumb from a business standpoint.

But it is dumb having characters that aren't from the game for me, they just look out of place to me.

bidguy

Banned

1-They seem to be leading this game on PS4, as you will see in all they shots there is PS3's everywhere
(Plus, boon hyped up Sony before E3 on his Twitter alot)

Im own a PS4, and play NRS's games competitively since this is a console exclusive, its no gain to me since it he/she be banned from tourny's

seems like both consoles get 1 character

where did you read that only one platform gets an exclusive ?

Generic Destiny character for PS4 (3 variations, 3 classes?)

Assassin from AC for XBOne (3 variations, 3 weapon styles + piece of Eden for magic projectiles)

Both become available for the other system after a short time period.

Edit: J-tier, flip those around lol. Dem first letters.

1-They seem to be leading this game on PS4, as you will see in all they shots there is PS3's everywhere
(Plus, boon hyped up Sony before E3 on his Twitter alot)

Im own a PS4, and play NRS's games competitively since this is a console exclusive, its no gain to me since it he/she be banned from tourny's

What did I just read

AHUGECAT

Banned
This MK has got me so excited I cannot wait to play!

Although I am not sure if Killer Instinct players will be in MK, mainly cause Killer Instinct is a Teen rated game. I do not know for sure of course.

Mortal Kombat has always been my favorite fighting franchise (with Street Fighter replacing it every now and then)... but usually when it has new characters, it's not as memorable. I remember all the new characters in MK4 and they just weren't memorable outside of Quan Chi and Shinnock. But this time it looks like it will be different. I can't wait to use D'Vorah and Ferra/Tor.

I think that we are likely to see Kratos in this as he is already from an M rated franchise. If we do end up seeing Delsin or Cole it'll probably be in Injustice 2.

Top Bottom