• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSN: The 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://money.msn.com/now/the-25-most-dangerous-neighborhoods

NeighborhoodScout pored over mountains of data and found the epicenters of violent crime in America. The results may surprise you.

By Kim Peterson, MSN Money

It was a pattern that came up repeatedly when NeighborhoodScout, a real-estate neighborhood search website, decided to survey the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in America. Using dozens of computer models, the team behind NeighborhoodScout analyzed FBI data from 17,000 local law enforcement agencies to find the specific neighborhoods in America with the highest predicted rates of violent crime.

Curiously, New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and other large cities are missing from NeighorhoodScout's list. In fact, the entire western half of the country doesn't show up at all. But neighborhoods in seemingly benign Tulsa, Okla., and Spartanburg, S.C., make an appearance.

To save time since it's a stupid look at all my ads slide show link...

25) Washington Park (Chicago, IL)
24) Near Northwest Springdale (Tulsa, OK)
23) Downtown (Memphis, TN)
22) Columbus Square (St. Louis, MO)
21) East Broadway & Ingram (West Memphis, AR)
20) North Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN)
19) East Atherton & South Dort (Flint, MI)
18) North of Waverly Place Historic District (Nashville, TN)
17) Northeast of North Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN)
16) North Auburn Gresham (Chicago, IL)
15) Dowling & McGowen (Houston, TX)
14) NW of Kishwaukee & 15th (Rockford, IL)
13) North Lawndale (Chicago, IL)
12) Fountain Park (St. Louis, MO)
11) Near Gaston Park (Memphis, TN)
10) Near SE Cathedral District (Saginaw, MI)
09) Joyland and parts of High Point, South Atlanta and Lakewood Heights (Atlanta, GA)
08) Woodside (Greenville, SC)
07) Barton-McFarland (Detroit, MI)
06) Sunnyside (Houston, TX)
05) Washington Heights (Spartanburg, SC)
04) Northeast Auburn Gresham (Chicago, IL)
03) Ravendale and LaSalle College Park (Detroit, MI)
02) Islandview (Detroit, MI)
01) East of Barton-McFarland (Detroit, MI)

Sunnyside is dangerous? Waaa? It's not a place I'd go after dark, but, one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the country? I doubt it.

My wife is a kindergarten teacher in North Lawndale in Chicago. I'm actually going to pick her up from work right now because her car is in the shop.

http://money.msn.com/now/the-25-most-dangerous-neighborhoods

NeighborhoodScout pored over mountains of data and found the epicenters of violent crime in America. The results may surprise you.

25) Washington Park (Chicago, IL)
16) North Auburn Gresham (Chicago, IL)
09) Joyland and parts of High Point, South Atlanta and Lakewood Heights (Atlanta, GA)
05) Washington Heights (Spartanburg, SC)

I've been to these hoods. And SMH, I've been to worse. The worst I saw in those areas (Atlanta mostly, but IMO that area they are talking about is too spread out to be one hood) were store crimes.

And I refuse to believe the Burbs in DC nor the 'heights or cherry hill in Baltimore didnt make the list. And not a single ward in N.O.? List seems funky...

I havent been to any hoods in CA

Kind of feels like a ghost town though. Can't murder if no one is around to kill I guess.

The streets reclaimed by nature, packs of roaming dogs and the burned out husks of old houses don't have many people...alive. However, the "main" streets are crazy busy when the weather is nice as no one has any jobs there and they all hang out on the street.

No Philly neighborhoods, huh? Ok.

Edit: or Baltimore. Neither city should be on a "most dangerous cities" list but some of the neighborhoods - damn.

ATL in the top, 10. Not bad.

I've always told myself Compton, Detroit, and certain places in the Chi are the places I NEVER want to go. This pretty much solidifies it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom