• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mueller Enlists the IRS for His Trump-Russia Investigation

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I always felt like the tax returns didn't necessarily contain anything illegal but more embarrassing and that's why he never released them. The IRS has always had his tax info and could see if there was something illegal in there I would think? Unless the illegality of a situation is only clear with another piece of information that Mueller has dug up.

This is probably less about the specific tax returns and more that these guys are the ultimate "follow the money" people.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This will be the end of Trump's brief moment of discipline. There's no way he doesn't tweet some madness tonight or early in the am.

WHO'S MUSIC IS THAT?! OH MY GOD IT'S EYE ARE ESSSS!

IRS-WWE.jpeg

This is one of those news dumps that you're like, ok, sure, but then you wake up at 3:30am and it dawns on you how fucking serious this is.

Then you tweet like a bitch from the toilet.

I thought I told you to stay out of my house. And stop using all the baby wipes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
As a Canadian, I'm not up to speed on this. Does the Republican party like the IRS? Or do they view it as a compromised, Libtard deep state conspiracy?

1. Nobody likes the IRS.
2. Republicans really, really, really don't like the IRS.

Holy shit it only has been a few months and we're already in Grand Jury Impaneling and combing through the tax returns.

Sounds about right
Trump and his cronies were dumb enough to leave paper trails everywhere

The Internet makes things faster.

Agencies are better at communicating than they were in the past

if all this shit happens this year I'm drinking mojitos at work for a week

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I'm guessing this is more about connecting dots rather than explicit criminal activity. Someone like Trump probably gets audited every year.

theWB27

Remember when prump freaked out about mueller looking anywhere else other than Russia... especially them unreleased top secret taxes.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I can't wait to see where we are 1 year from now. Although things seem to be moving pretty fast. Might be sooner.

How do they plan on paying for the American military machine and invasions of other countries for their oil and non existent WMDs?
There are two groups of people saying it:

Ones who know it will never happen, but are more happy to lie to their voters for a their support.

And complete and total morons with no capacitor forward planning.

There is healthy overlap.

Hey, we all have our coping mechanisms.

Since inauguration has there been a single alt-right/fox/trump train "victory" ?

Hannity has tweeted more than once about impeding megatons. But nothing.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel I can remember an apology from CNN and a minor retraction from the NY Times, some random democrat senator had a tech employee who got into trouble with the FBI. A few Antifa got over-excited. Berkeley got confused about how to deal with troll alt-right speaking engagements.

And that's .. it?
Anything else? Have they had a single shocking revelation to excite the base?

It's interesting we hear about this right after the leak about the Manafort notes re: donations. Without that info first, it would give Republicans more of an excuse to say it's going too far, no evidence, etc. I'm sure they'll still use the excuses, but if that Manafort report is accurate, then there's a stronger case to say that financials have to be investigated and its within reasonable bounds of the current probe and makes the 'unrelated' arguments seem weaker. That red line is being justified as being in-bounds.

Beartruck

Since inauguration has there been a single alt-right/fox/trump train "victory" ?

Hannity has tweeted more than once about impeding megatons. But nothing.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel I can remember an apology from CNN and a minor retraction from the NY Times, some random democrat senator had a tech employee who got into trouble with the FBI. A few Antifa got over-excited. Berkeley got confused about how to deal with troll alt-right speaking engagements.

And that's .. it?
Anything else? Have they had a single shocking revelation to excite the base?
Well, DACA is dying. I bet the alt-right are pleased about that.

CHC

So are we at the point where this investigation is basically unstoppable? It seems so decentralized now that even if Mueller was to be fired somehow, I imagine he'd just take on some other official title and continue as usual, given how deep this thing is going.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Isn't a tax department kinda crucial for a functioning country? How can anyone in government not like it?

Americans generally have a distaste for taxes. This goes all the way to our country's founding, where issues over post-war taxes were the catalyst for the American Revolution. That's why we threw all that tea into the harbor, and that's where the "Tea Party" Republicans get their name.

And maybe it hasn't become apparent to the rest of the world yet, but Republicans don't wan't a well-funded and functioning government, unless it's the military.

So are we at the point where this investigation is basically unstoppable? It seems so decentralized now that even if Mueller was to be fired somehow, I imagine he'd just take on some other official title and continue as usual, given how deep this thing is going.

Bruh, this case is full steam ahead, no brakes type shit. It ain't going nowhere.

Depending on how the Secret Service reacts to an arrest warrant, he may need them.

I have a feeling the secret service will gladly throw trump out of the front door. especially after reading articles that the secret service is furious with trump because trump is treating them like butlers and interns

Top Bottom