• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

stay gold

Wait, did I step into an alternate dimension? Genesis felt vapid and pointless in the FFVII CC. Granted it's been a looooooooong time since I played it so I can't recall exactly why, just that was my feeling as I played.

That badass cutscene with Sephiroth justified his existence.

MogCakes

I'm going to assume if this gets announced it will include Genesis and attempt to tie in all of the expanded VII entries. If so, I hope they keep that as side plot and nary a hair of it in the main quest line.

Go_Ly_Dow

to anyone on the fence of believing this...

ikLinFy.gif

Elman

Can SE even use Gackt's likeness anymore? I remember reading here that was a barrier to putting Crisis Core on PSN.

Talk about a blessing in disguise! /snark

Okay, okay. If the remake/spinoff/sequel caters to Advent Children and Crisis Core fans, all the more power to them. I will hand in my "FF7 is better than FF6 NYYAANNN!!!" card and call it a day.

JP

So this, The Last Guardian and something Shenmue related? They only need Half Life 3 for a full house and we all know there's no chance of that.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
No, you remember correctly.
Genesis was trash. Every scene he just quoted insipid Loveless bollocks while guitars strummed in the background. Terrible.
He wasn't in many scenes an the ones he was in, no, he did not always bring up loveless. I thought he was ok nothing more nothing less. The whole "oh noes a jrpg villian is being dramatic so I hate him" crowd is pretty silly imo.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we allow ourselves to believe?
We all have this longing for the perfect E3... Every year, we set ourselves up for disappointment. Shattered hearts everywhere...
So - Why do we believe, Gaf? Why do we believe?!

200w.gif

Why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we allow ourselves to believe?
We all have this longing for the perfect E3... Every year, we set ourselves up for disappointment. Shattered hearts everywhere...
So - Why do we believe, Gaf? Why do we believe?!

200w.gif

If these sources are wrong, I have a feeling this post will become a new song that will forever go down in the history of videogames: The Anthem of Tears. Sing it with me!

So this, The Last Guardian and something Shenmue related? They only need Half Life 3 for a full house and we all know there's no chance of that.

Do you want the universe to implode?

I don't even think the universe can handle an FFVII remake/Shenmue/TLG/HL3 announcements in a single E3.

Amir0x

Banned
What would people do if it was a FFVII remake, remade as a Musou-style action game where each level depicts a story scene from the game followed by a series of massive battles.

Wouldn't that be quaint guys?

Wouldn't it?

LowParry

What would people do if it was a FFVII remake, remade as a Musou-style action game where each level depicts a story scene from the game followed by a series of massive battles.

Wouldn't it?

Seemed to work with Zelda. And they're aiming for it with Dragon Quest. Maybe overkill?

R-User!

Wouldn't it?

And cutscenes in between?!?!?!?!?

Wouldn't it?

I would love that just to see the tears.

Wouldn't it?

n33hatsrmkk0.gif

The worst thing about your post is that I'd say it's very possible.

JP

Do you want the universe to implode?

I don't even think the universe can handle an FFVII remake/Shenmue/TLG/HL3 announcements in a single E3.
I don't know about the universe but I think GAF would be down for about a week if that happened.

Well, what ever happens with the other stuff we know for certain that HL3 isn't going to appear on the Sony stage. Maybe a few years ago when they buddied up for Portal 2 but Valve have their own stuff going on at the moment. :)

Ponn

Banned

Wouldn't it?

That sounds kinda cool actually. I want to play as Cait Sith.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I want Final Warriors too. With playable Cyan, Shadow, Terra, Celes, Kain, Rydia, Sephiroth, Golbez, Kefka, Edgar, Sabin, hell even Cait Sith.

But if we ever get that... it'll be Lightning, Lightning and Lightning. :(

LaserHawk

This can only lead to sadness. Either they don't announce it and people are sad, or they DO announce it and it comes out and it isn't sufficiently awesome enough for the amount of time people have been waiting for it. It could be Duke-Nukem-Forever levels of bad, or it could actually be a decent port. But it won't matter.

Or, the remake only highlights what an antiquated experience the whole thing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom