• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Worst case scenario? The unique "feel" and humour of the original will be scrapped in favour of FFXIII-style po-faced melodrama (seriously, can you imagine present-day Square Enix including goofy shit like the cross-dressing, the Honeybee Inn, and Cloud going snowboarding?). Most of the retcons and tryhard new characters from the Compilation will probably be shoehorned into the plot. The turn-based combat will be replaced by Advent Children-esque gravity-defying, flippy-dippy bullshit. No World Map (we'll be lucky if we even get half the towns from the original game). DLC cashgrabs, possibly including Gold Chocobos, rare Materia and Lightning costumes for Tifa, Yuffie and Aerith. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow found a way for Lightning herself to make an appearance, since she's officially the "female Cloud" and all. VOICE ACTING, the lack of which made most of the cutscenes in FFVII actually bearable.

Nope. As flawed and dated as it is, I'll stick with the original, thanks.

FFVII has all that shit in spades anyway, albeit reduced flippy dippy shit. Any po-faced bit of melodrama you can call out from FFXIII, I can show you ten more such scenes from FFVII. And I hate FFXIII.

Pretty much need Sony to deliver at least 1 if not 2 or 3 of those big 3 to redeem this E3. Bethesda was great but other than that every other conference so far has been boring as fuck with no megatons.

holysan

oh man the Sony conference is going to be disastrous at this rate. The rumour mongers have spiraled out of control, too many crazy rumours to ever be true and yet the fans holding onto these tidbits like lifeboats in the middle of tumultuous seas... oh it's over.
It's the same story every year. Amazing how they never learn.

Godcannon

No matter what happens. I'm probably gonna have a meltdown regardless.

200_s.gif

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This needs to be at least 6 blu rays long for me to have any faith.

Knights of the Round should be its own disc.

orioto

Good Art™
I still can't believe it, just cause it's way too much work, i mean a next gen graphics game with the scale (locations, characters, enemies..) of FFVII.. It's insane. There is a catch somewhere.

We'll see. But that conf could deliver on a legendary level, when you think everyone is focused on 3 games but there could be a loot of pretty incredible things happening there to, like a super impressive Uncharted4 demo, new QD game, some GoW teaser ? And who knows with all the first party Sony has..

Nekofrog

Banned
What will destroy the internet more, an FF7 remake being confirmed or the absolute nonpresence (or worse, presentation of the PC port with a real release date) after all of the rumormongering?

I still can't believe it, just cause it's way too much work, i mean a next gen graphics game with the scale (locations, characters, enemies..) of FFVII.. It's insane. There is a catch somewhere.

We'll see. But that conf could deliver on a legendary level, when you think everyone is focused on 3 games but there could be a loot of pretty incredible things happening there to, like a super impressive Uncharted4 demo, new QD game, some GoW teaser ? And who knows with all the first party Sony has..

Witcher 3 was bigger than FF7 i think
and its an even smaller company

XanaviF30

Pretty much need Sony to deliver at least 1 if not 2 or 3 of those big 3 to redeem this E3. Bethesda was great but other than that every other conference so far has been boring as fuck with no megatons.

Agree. I'm yawning over here. These conference is causing me to want to nap. I guess it's a good thing. Need to have my body ready for the megaton that Sony is about to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom