• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

morikaze

Banned
okay

QItexOl.png
eZmnW8x.png
ewiZv7u.png

If this happens. Wow. The megaton to end all megatons.

Pinktaco

Fakh. Got an important presentation tomorrow. I can go sleep for an hour and a half and sleep afterwards, right gaf? That's totally realistic to fall asleep now and even more so after the conference? -____________________-

ok i told myself not to believe this over and over... but god damn it I've been swept away buy the hype again, only abit longer till we get put out of our misery

really-nervous.gif

hold me gaf.

Foffy

Banned
There really is no megaton bigger than FF7R

A new game, maybe? Or does nostalgia eclipse all?

yeah, but it makes no sense for them to blow the wad of the goddamn century during someone else's conference when they have their very own the next day. I mean, after showing that, how could anyone pay attention to anything else they'd show?

They have a lot of games to show, and if their event is an hour long, that's quite a lot to cycle through.

Just consider the Eidos IPs they have: Hitman, Deus Ex, and Just Cause. That's almost enough for a presentation itself.

I wouldn't quite throw FFVII in the nostalgia category. There is a large population of the planet that to this day will say its the best FF not to mention the best game ever made. I'm one of em.

Not only that, but it needs a remake in today's graphics.

kmax

TLG, FFVII remake and Shemue 3 all showed up that night. The fans were happy and joyful, but then they woke up to reality and realized that it was all a dream.

The End.

tumblr_lrnxq1vmM21qhwhdt.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
yeah, but it makes no sense for them to blow the wad of the goddamn century during someone else's conference when they have their very own the next day. I mean, after showing that, how could anyone pay attention to anything else they'd show?

Reveal @ sony presser, show first gameplay and art at the SE presser.

by showing gameplay and the release date of course

Nah, just half the booth since those demo stations probably take up a lot of room. It'll probably be a sizable section though.

I thought so too... Until I saw the size of the room they're holding their conference in.

The extra space is probably for the people that are not from gaming specifically, but tech people that are interested in Morpheus...

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Wasp

If the rumours are true that a remake went into production only a few months ago I think the only thing they could show today is a short CGI teaser.

Negator

We already have a general idea what to expect and know that generally, FF7 is a good game. New games though? Unknown quantity.

It's easier to be hyped for things we're already attached to. Part of the reason why video gaming right now is lots of sequels and remakes.

Ivan 3414

You can't just say "new game". You have to say "an absolutely amazing new game with genre-defining mind-bending game mechanics and a free bj"

because that's what it will take to overtake the hype people have for a potential FF7 remake.

Once a year this shit happens, keep your hype in check. Rumor this rumor that. Im not expecting this or tlg and neither should any if you.

From the kierkegaardian perspective. It's just this kind of unmoored excitement that most enriches life. Are the senses ever more attuned, the sympathetic faculties ever more constructively engaged, than during the enthusiastic anticipation of some longed for potentiality? Drink deep Neogaf, we walk with the philosophers tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom