• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama (Steam) |OT| More "bugs" than Batman!

Momentary

Banned
If the crowd that thinks this is one of the main selling points of a shooter are the only people that buy this game, then Cave are absolutely fucked.

But to tell people to not talk about it is as equally stupid. And actually, with shmups being so niche, FPS is probably pretty damn important.

But to tell people to not talk about it is as equally stupid.
You have made your point of view clear three pages ago. At this point, you are just interfering with all other conversation.

The devs have already said it is being looked at, and it hasn't even been a full day since the issue was reported yet. I have no idea what you are after now other than stifling anyone who doesn't agree with you.

shockdude

I've been messing with GeDoSaTo's settings but the game still runs 55-57 fps. Maybe I'm missing some steps:

-set Nvidia scaling to GPU in the control panel
-added default || Mushihimesama to the whitelist
-edit config\GeDoSaTo.ini
-renderResolution 1920x1080@60
-presentWidth 1920
presentHeight 1080
presentHz 60
-fpsLimit 60

Still measuring 56 fps. :(

EDIT: Now I see the actual problem, GeDoSaTo isn't working with any of the games I have. I'm such a noob :(

How are people getting GeDoSaTo to work? The usual black bar that pops up in my game letting me know that sampling is activated doesn't show and the game still renders at 720p. I've got "default" in the white list and set up the render resolution to 1080p@60hz. I even changed the .ini file in the game's folder.

Does it need to be disabled?
Using Windows 10 x64 with Secure Boot enabled, installed GeDoSaTo in the default location.
You need to use the "forcePresentRes" option. This is what my file looks like:
Code:
forcePresentRes true
fpsLimit 60
If you use a different framelimiter like RivaTuner, you won't even need the fpsLimit line. RivaTuner will also get you a more consistent 60FPS.

sheaaaa

But to tell people to not talk about it is as equally stupid. And actually, with shmups being so niche, FPS is probably pretty damn important.

If the game isn't working as it should, then it's an issue that should be discussed for sure. But unless it's a game-crippling problem then it's a bit strange that it has dominated discussion this much.

Wonko_C

GeDoSaTo fixes it though. (And I have no idea why)

Well, "fixes" by making the game run at ~66 FPS without any further limitations, which can be reduced nicely to 60 by e.g. V-sync :p

Do you have Windows 8+ and secure boot enabled?

Using Windows 10 x64 with Secure Boot enabled, installed GeDoSaTo in the default location.
Code:
forcePresentRes true
fpsLimit 60
If you use a different framelimiter like RivaTuner, you won't even need the fpsLimit line. RivaTuner will also get you a more consistent 60FPS.

Windows 10 Pro x64, sorry, I haven't heard of secure boot so I have no idea what it is and how to use it. Going to google now.

Edit 2: My computer is so old that Windows 10 doesn't have UEFI options, so I guess Secure Boot doesn't even apply to me. :p I deleted GeDoSaTo and installed it on C: and will start configuring it from scratch. I'll try to 4K downscale Valkyria Chronicles as a test, if that works I'll mess with Mushi.

Edit 3: Valkyria Chronicles worked! (and it looked beautiful, but ran at like 15 fps on the title screen, LOL) Now it's Mushi's turn. :)

Momentary

Banned
You have made your point of view clear three pages ago. At this point, you are just interfering with all other conversation.

The devs have already said it is being looked at, and it hasn't even been a full day since the issue was reported yet. I have no idea what you are after now other than stifling anyone who doesn't agree with you.

I'm not the one who brought it back up. And now I'm trying to see how to get GeDoSaTo to fix the issue. I'm not the only one talking about. Holy shit.

Code:
forcePresentRes true
fpsLimit 60

I'm going to try this now.

I'm not the one who brought it back up. And now I'm trying to see how to get GeDoSaTo to fix the issue. I'm not the only one talking about. Holy shit.

Just because someone brought it up doesn't mean you have to repeat your same tired bullet points again without adding anything new to the discussion. You don't have to be the one to get the last word in.

And yes, as far as I can tell, you -are- the only person willing to continue talking about the issue. You literally have the most number of replies out of everyone in this thread so far, at 31 posts, even. (The second top poster is, well, me. lol)

wOOLWJx.png

(InfiniteNine has nine posts and therefore risks becoming InfiniteTen if she posts again.)

danmaku

Gotta admit, I'm impressed by the Steam review community.

Could've sworn the top reviews were going to be about Reco's lack of undergarments.

I think she lacks underwear only in Futari, panties weren't part of the canon in the first game. I'm no expert, though. Maybe we should ask our resident panties expert. Underwear is serious business in shmups.

Shepard

Holy shit, first time playing a Cave shooter and I was fully expecting the second level to trigger a seizure, lol. Game is nice, and I love the music.

Was getting dominated on stage 3 original last night. Might take a step back to novice.

I actually get further into Maniac than I do in Original here. Original bullets be too fast for me; I can deal with the slower moving waves of death in Maniac much better.

So far though, Novice Ultra is my jam.

The TLB in this game is way harder than the ones in Futari.

I think there's also some behavior in this particular TLB that punishes bomb use; you get some really angry patterns that might actually be designed to kill you if you try.

Nzyme32

Can't buy the game for some reason.

23KTZ0u.png

wait, what?

Steam store is broken. It's been like this for about 20mins, switching between no purchase options, $0 irrespective of region (which changes to full price and fails when trying to purchase) or full price and breaking during the checkout process.

I was mid transaction for this game, when it broke. No idea what the status of my purchase is

Momentary

Banned
Code:
forcePresentRes true
fpsLimit 60

Yeah, for some reason it's still not working. I'll just have to wait for another solution. Thanks though. I'm pretty sure it's something that I don't have set up right and it's probably right in my face.

Wake up to see panty discussion is going. Mushi topic is on track as expected. Good. Good.

Just curious, am I the only person seeing the arcade stick problem with buttons registering as directional input? It is happening on my Qanba and my Mad Catz. Running Win 10. No special drivers or utilities installed like joy-to-key mappers.

Edit: just remembered I have the steam controller going. Maybe that is doing some weirdness. More experiments to come.

Li Kao

FFS, I caved in (see what I did there ?) ! Between this and Yokai Watch my budget is gonna take a beating today :-S

So just to be sure, if I want the arcade experience, Original / Hell is the way to go ? Or are the difficulty levels not the same as the ios port ? Not so sure anymore after a quick glance at the OP.

Knurek

Oh god, the slowdown on the Maniac mode...

Feels kind of weird, having a PC that's capable of 1080p60 Witcher 3 Ultra being brought to its knees by some 2D game.

Feels good to die against that barrage

Oh god, the slowdown on the Maniac mode...

Feels kind of weird, having a PC that's capable of 1080p60 Witcher 3 Ultra being brought to its knees by some 2D game.

Feels good to die against that barrage

I'm not completely certain if you're aware or not, but the slowdown is a simulation of how the arcade hardware behaved and not actually a symptom of your PC being unable to run the game at full speed.

mdsfx

I'm not completely certain if you're aware or not, but the slowdown is a simulation of how the arcade hardware behaved and not actually a symptom of your PC being unable to run the game at full speed.
Mushihimesama: The ultimate performance test for monster rigs :)

epmode

Yeah, the games are actually designed around this slowdown so proper emulation of the slowdown is important in shooter ports.

Tain

FFS, I caved in (see what I did there ?) ! Between this and Yokai Watch my budget is gonna take a beating today :-S

So just to be sure, if I want the arcade experience, Original / Hell is the way to go ? Or are the difficulty levels not the same as the ios port ? Not so sure anymore after a quick glance at the OP.

Normal mode in the main menu is the arcade game, which offered the Original, Maniac, and Ultra modes every play session. I believe the iOS Cave games had shifted difficulty levels.

Knurek

Oh, I'm aware, just wish there was an option to remove slowdown.

Progear played on an overclocked CPU is a thing of beauty.

Momentary

Banned
I pray for slowdown in this game. I didn't know people not wanting it in was a thing. I wish I could get on that level.

Wonko_C

To me it seems there are some bullet barrages that would benefit from the slowdown, yet it is not present at all, then there are some easier patterns where slowdown is not really needed, yet it slows down. But I can't even 1CC the game so what do I know? XD

I finally made it work with GeDoSaTo, now the scrolling is smooth. Though the crashes on startup are way more frequent now. This will keep me busy until the patch comes. :)

linid0t

To me it seems there are some bullet barrages that would benefit from the slowdown, yet it is not present at all, then there are some easier patterns where slowdown is not really needed, yet it slows down. But I can't even 1CC the game so what do I know? XD

I finally made it work with GeDoSaTo, now the scrolling is smooth. Though the crashes on startup are way more frequent now. This will keep me busy until the patch comes. :)

I thinks it's based on number of bullets on screen including your own, or at least that's how it worked in futari?

Got my No Miss on Stage 1 and 2 with the steam controller so I got that going for me. Default mappings on it are sensible enough and didn't require any fiddling.

Volodja

Tried 1.5 and holy shit, even without max you achieve insane firepower so fast.
Got to Stage 3 on first try with 1 credit. First time I got slowdowns as well.

Momentary

Banned

What did you do to finally get it to work?

I've yet to No Miss Stage 3 Original. Keep dying to some stupid crap every time. My route feels mostly safe but there are so many stray bullets. The obvious hard parts with the transition and the 1up feel pretty tight though. But man, dying even once sets me on some sort of tilt where I just lose focus and end up dying a bunch of times in a row. This feels odd considering I play Dota 2 all day and almost never lose focus in that game, but I guess its down to the relentless nature of the genre where you have no time to cool down after a mistake.

japtor

Oh man, now I want to install wine on my linux desktop to...

EFF IT I'M DOING THIS
One extra note, while it is Wine I'm using Crossover so hell if I know the details of the configuration for the bottle I'm using. I did know my Steam bottle was XP and changed that to 7 (don't know how much a difference that makes but Mushi requires 7+) and iirc had to turn on legacy X Window System or something cause without it it wouldn't run in the virtual desktop window (i.e. stayed in rootless mode).
I think she lacks underwear only in Futari, panties weren't part of the canon in the first game. I'm no expert, though. Maybe we should ask our resident panties expert. Underwear is serious business in shmups.
More detail, in this one she sits side saddle, while in Futari it looks like she's got her ass up at the player.
I actually get further into Maniac than I do in Original here. Original bullets be too fast for me; I can deal with the slower moving waves of death in Maniac much better.

So far though, Novice Ultra is my jam.
I was wondering if it had Novice Ultra, I gotta try that out. I remember Novice Expert in SDOJ being a pretty fun difficulty.
I think there's also some behavior in this particular TLB that punishes bomb use; you get some really angry patterns that might actually be designed to kill you if you try.
Heh, reminds me of Dangun's TLB, iirc it doesn't do anything unless you shoot, then it's like instakill.

Hell on iOS is supposed to be the standard arcade difficulty, so yeah Original mode in here. Arrange and 1.5 are different/new modes, while Novice may or may not map to one of the lower iOS difficulties, never really played them so I'm not sure.

I've yet to No Miss Stage 3 Original. Keep dying to some stupid crap every time. My route feels mostly safe but there are so many stray bullets. The obvious hard parts with the transition and the 1up feel pretty tight though. But man, dying even once sets me on some sort of tilt where I just lose focus and end up dying a bunch of times in a row. This feels odd considering I play Dota 2 all day and almost never lose focus in that game, but I guess its down to the relentless nature of the genre where you have no time to cool down after a mistake.

One time I no-missed/no-bombed(!) all the way to stage 4. Usually I use one or two bombs for the 1up section, but apparently I discovered something (that I promptly forgot).
Choked away every life within the first couple minutes afterwards.

Strays and/or that last bullet in a spread always seem to get me in the Mushihime series. I still remember losing to Larsa in Futari Black Label. She was literally down to a pixel, but I died to what would have been her very last attack.
Oh! Just remembered the time I died to a freaking power-up enemy in stage 5 of Futari. Of all the shit that goes down in that stage, I lose a life to the one thing I almost never die to.

Saikyo

Now even with the alt+enter trick the game doesnt goes past the title screen, guess I am stuck waiting for a patch. Good thing I played for 3 hours and tried all modes before (yes, continued a lot).

When my game crashes during boot i just uh... start it up again 10 times in different resolutions and spam alt + enter and try different settings in Gedosato and what the heck ever. Sooner or later it works :V

So I have a dual monitor setup and the game plays on display 1. In the NVIDIA control panel which option determines whether it uses GPU scaling or not?

My Reco statue from the OST release says otherwise.

Futari became the glass cutting nipples game, instead. Also I don't like her Futari design nearly as much.

Saikyo

Dont know how but I got the game working again.

Almost 1cc the game on novice, a stray bullet from Aki hit me near the end of his lifebar...

For the record I have dual monitors and have not experienced any video issues or crashes. Full screen works and will full screen on the 'secondary' monitor. NVIDIA GTX 980, Win 10.

Breakdown of my stick/gamepad testing. All of these are basically plugging in/turning on the controller and launching the game with defaults. In summary 360ish hardware seems to work fine, makes some amount of sense considering the port.

Keyboard (Logitech G510)
Overall works as you'd expect. Only noticed 1 issue. Holding down shot [z] is blocking left diagonal movement, both up and down. Does not happen with Full Auto [c].
Z + Left + Up
Z + Left + Down
(edit: would be nice to be able to remap directions to WASD as I am warming up to WASD + Numpad setup for arcade style games on keyboard.)

Steam Controller
Overall solid, did not experience any major issues.

Xbox 360 Controller
Overall solid, did not experience any major issues. I think Shot and Full Auto are flipped from Steam Controller, slightly odd but no big deal.

Qanba Q4RAF - XBOX360 Mode
Works identical to Xbox 360 controller. Mapping is different from the 360 version of Mushi and will require remapping if that is what you are used to.

Qanba Q4RAF - PS3/PC Mode
Stick works in all directions. 'X' acts as right direction and cannot be remapped. L2 button acts as left direction and cannot be remapped.

Mad Catz USFIV TE2 - PS3 Mode
Stick works in all directions. R2 cannot be remapped, hitting the button in the configration screen causes the menu cursor to jump down to the 'Back' option. L2 maps to [-] and cannot be used.

Mad Catz USFIV TE2 - PS4 Mode
Stick and button input does not register at all. I suspect I'd need to install one of the PS4 controller drivers to get this working.

system11

Odd.

I get 58-60fps, it varies with no relation to on-screen action, my CPUs are mostly idle. From time to time (about 5 times per stage on average) I get a roughly 1/4 second pause for no reason, again unrelated to in game action so probably related to Windows.

Normal mode speed feels pretty PCB accurate but 1.5 is definitely off, if you disregard the above points.

AAAAAAAAARGH so close to 1cc Normal Original. I just need to have one more life available for the final stage and it's a done deal. I even managed to no miss Stage 3 now but traded that for a stupid random death at Stage 2. Damn this game :p

Not exactly a port issue, but the achievements they have for this game is downright annoying.

*Turns on input window*
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
*Plays a replay I saved*
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
*Picks S-Mode*
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Although I remember the same thing happening in Crimzon Clover when I played it on Steam.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Not exactly a port issue, but the achievements they have for this game is downright annoying.

*Turns on input window*
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
*Plays a replay I saved*
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
*Picks S-Mode*
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Although I remember the same thing happening in Crimzon Clover when I played it on Steam.

You should have saw my reaction to the 360 verison of DeathSmiles when I imported it. I got achievements for pausing the game. lol

Top Bottom