• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

More pony deliveries today as Pinkie arrived to join the gang.
pejWE.jpg

Unfortunately I think this is where the collection ends for a while. For some reason, Fluttershy seems to be the rarest one on eBay and the few that go up there sell for really high prices even though it's not even show accurate. So unless I find a cheap one on eBay or someone here can find one in a blind bag and sell it to me, I don't think I'm going to complete the gang.
6jC9z.jpg

On a happier note, some of you might remember that I made a post a month ago about some cutie mark pins that someone was making and that I ordered a set of them. They arrived alongside Pinkie today and they're pretty awesome. The designs of them look really good and since they are made of metal they are all nice and solid.
n5TsD.jpg

9daOC.jpg

Now the question is which one(s) do I put on my bag?
Ultimoo said:
I can follow Myke on twitter?! What benefits would I get for doing so? Deep insight into the gracious mind of ponies representing GAF members? :p
140 characters isn't enough for Myke's wisdom.
Ultimoo said:
I wouldn't even begin to think how you'd even go about doing that with absolutely zero information, or the fact that my name doesn't even mean anything. you could probably make a more accurate representation of uchip. :p
Similar to how Pandaman's picture is a pony with panda patterns, yours is going to be one that looks like a cow. An ultimate cow.

Nishastra

Banned
OMG Aero said:
For some reason, Fluttershy seems to be the rarest one on eBay and the few that go up there sell for really high prices even though it's not even show accurate.
Because she only exists in the blind bags, whereas all the others can be bought normally.

9daOC.jpg

This is strangely sad. It's like they lost their friend on some adventure but the pin is still there to represent her spirit.

Oh, and you put those damn butterflies on your bad and wear them proud!

Edit: Or in true Fluttershy fashion, she's simply hiding because she's camera shy.

Chuck

Still without luck
Those pins are really cool and obviously the coolest is Rainbow Dash's.

OMG Aero said:
Similar to how Pandaman's picture is a pony with panda patterns, yours is going to be one that looks like a cow. An ultimate cow.
I agree with this. Myke, make it happen.

ChuckNoLuck said:
Those pins are really cool and obviously the coolest is Rainbow Dash's.
The only problem I see is they used Orange instead of Red for her rainbow. Still, though, I want a set. When they get some back in stock, I'll need to put in an order.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Wolf Akela said:
Tried sketching Belle Eve with my new tablet. Used PSE7 that came with it.
http://i.imgur.com/xDbNz.gif
That's excellent, Wolf. What is the tablet model?

Some constructive criticism:
- The neck should be narrower.
- The rump should have at least as much volume as the chest area.
- The whole sketch is slanted to the left. Let me guess, are you left-handed?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
I read that as voluptuous.

maybe there is something wrong with me.
I'm sorry, the word "volumous" doesn't even exist in english, that's what confused you. I just presumed that the portuguese word "volumoso" (the property of something that has volume) would be directly translatable to english, and I didn't bother looking it up. There's "voluminous", but it seems like it's not used in the sense I want. I fixed my post.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, preordered two. Let's see where this goes.

I bought just two, to stay below my current paypal backup money of 10 bucks, and asked the guy if he could throw in the Pinkie pin if the prices are safe and I'd still be within that price range including shipping. I don't think that will happen, though :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Ookami-kun said:
Rewatching episodes is friendship fun
It's even better if you manage to wait a week after 2 eps and do it on Synchtube ;)

Myke Greywolf said:
I'm sorry, the word "volumous" doesn't even exist in english, that's what confused you. I just presumed that the portuguese word "volumoso" (the property of something that has volume) would be directly translatable to english, and I didn't bother looking it up. There's "voluminous", but it seems like it's not used in the sense I want. I fixed my post.

Not an English word yet! We will make it one, and it will be totally adorbs.

Bakphoon

Hey bronies,
I got approved today.
The most of you all have seen me already on tinychat.
That calls for a party!!!
I love you guys :)

Btw, I'm celebrating the Lunar Eclipse right now (Luna Day)

OMG Aero

Ookami-kun said:
Rewatching episodes is friendship fun ruining synchtube fun
Fixed that for you.
Bufbaf said:
Alright, preordered two. Let's see where this goes.

I bought just two, to stay below my current paypal backup money of 10 bucks, and asked the guy if he could throw in the Pinkie pin if the prices are safe and I'd still be within that price range including shipping. I don't think that will happen, though :)
Which two did you order?
Bakphoon said:
Hey bronies,
I got approved today.
Hey Bakphoon, welcome to the forum at long last!
Now you just need a hat an avatar.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to GAF then :)

The Brony one (yeah i know ^^) for my bag and the CMC pin for the hat.

Chuck

Still without luck
Bakphoon said:
Hey bronies,
I got approved today.

tnUdd.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Bakphoon said:
Hey bronies,
I got approved today.
congrats :D i saw the account approval account online last night and hoped we'd get a few bronies.

Bakphoon said:
Hey bronies,
I got approved today.

Congrats fellow brony.
Brohoof

AztecSoul

Hi everybody, a new member here. I started following MLP 2 months ago, and guess what? I LOVE THIS FREAKING SHOW!, I laughed and enjoyed every single episode, all the character are amazing, and the songs moments are not annoying, are awesome.
I hope to get a good time with all of you guys

Dai101

Banned
Bakphoon said:
Hey bronies,
I got approved today.

Welcome to Urf!!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
AztecSoul said:
Hi everybody, a new member here. I started following MLP 2 months ago, and guess what? I LOVE THIS FREAKING SHOW!, I laughed and enjoyed every single episode, all the character are amazing, and the songs moments are not annoying, are awesome.
I hope to get a good time with all of you guys
welcome to the herd!

Uchip

Banned
friend got me to watch the episode with the "great and powerful trixie"
he told me she was a great character, but turned out to be just annoying

is it just me or is this show a bit sexist? every male character appears to be either retarded or an asshole???

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Uchip said:

is it just me or is this show a bit sexist? every male character appears to be either retarded or an asshole???
big mac?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Uchip said:

Spike?

Uchip said:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2500agw.jpg
Ah don't know about that, that Spike kid seems like a nice fella, maybe a bit naive, but he's still young, he's certainly not stupid, much less retarded. And ah don't know about where you come from, but around here we don't take kindly to that kinda talk without some darn good excuse, besides, Snips and Snails are just kids and they hardly represent all the other colts and stallions in Ponyvillie.

Narag

The dumb or asshole male characters are just more memorable and are often used to put over the main cast as more capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom