• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Negator said:
Whipped up a little something. Sprite source is desktop ponies.

1hxj12.jpg

2v8ml5d.jpg

I was very much considering making one of those the other day. I think I have the colors to make a Spike or Apple Jack...
I just don't have the balls to have that project sitting on my desk over the course of a few days

Negator

ahoyhoy said:
I was very much considering making one of those the other day. I think I have the colors to make a Spike or Apple Jack...
I just don't have the balls to have that project sitting on my desk over the course of a few days

Do what I did, do it in one sitting.

I think the FF5 sprites took longer, because they use so many colors compared to the relatively simple ponies.

And thanks for the kind words. I have several more that I've made that people on tinychat might have seen, mostly final fantasy related.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Negator said:
Do what I did, do it in one sitting.

I think the FF5 sprites took longer, because they use so many colors compared to the relatively simple ponies.

Yeah, the lack of colors limited me to NES sprites for the most part. I really wish I could find an assorted set with enough variety so I could make a bunch of Super Metriod sprites, but alas, without drastically simplifying the pallete, I cannot do so.

Amazing work Negator! I'm surprised no one thought of sprite perlers using the fan-made sprites already. Love FFV as well. Really need to try one, one of these days.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, I just went back to a free multiplayer game called Transformice. They added the main cast's manes as wearable hats recently I guess.

q64UC.png

Watch Over a Barrel because no one is going to recommend it.

Negator

n8BitMan said:
Heh, I just went back to a free multiplayer game called Transformice. They added the main cast's manes as wearable hats recently I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/q64UC.png

Watch Over a Barrel because no one is going to recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! That is SO AWESOME! I remember when a lot of gaffers were playing that, we even had an [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398966"][U]Official Thread.[/U][/URL]

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Negator said:
Holy crap! That is SO AWESOME! I remember when a lot of gaffers were playing that, we even had an Official Thread.
Yeah, I got into it when GAF did. Fun times were had, but the GAF scene is dead. It's still fun and I'd join up some more if people here wanted to add life to it again.

That thread is how I learned of this news :p

Adelor Lyon said:
I'm not sure what everyone here thinks about My Little Pony fan fiction
Probably not gonna get to many (positive) responses here, but I can say I've been reading the Fallout: Equestia and I'm loving it, it does really good job combining both Equestia and the Wasteland to create an interesting world. Small warning though for about 99% of it I would say its content should be rated around where Fallout is(explicit violence and the word rape is used in the past tense a lot), but the last 1% goes 1 step further with the sex at which point it skips to the next scene before turning into a clopfic. Fortunately this never happens with the Mane cast from the show, who really only show up in flash backs, with the exception of AJ, which is ended before it is even started.

That said, right now I don't see myself picking up another Fanfic anytime soon, I'm really not interested with stuff featuring the mane cast and I know crossovers are hard to do right, so just because F:E did it right, I still don't have high hopes for others.

On an unrelated note, I decided to make a Pinkie(named Pinkamena) character in the ftp mmo Eden Eternal(aqua server)... just wish there were a few more hair color options.

Bakphoon

careksims said:
congratbak.jpg

Congrats Bak. Too bad you couldn't decide on a Cmark.

IT IS BEAUTIFUL... (sorry for quoting the big picture, but its so awesome, i needed to quote it)

Carek, you rock! I looks much better as I imagined it! (I will shop the Cmark later in)

Pandaman said:
brb, retconning bak as belles cousin.

She's not my cousin :p

careksims said:
Okay comp just crashed, but unless we get more active mods in the chat, I won't be coming back for awhile. :/

Too bad... I said it already often that we need a new chat, because tinychat always makes trouble. I hope you will at least join our sychtube sessions.

TriAceJP

I've been wanting to get a custom decal made for my laptop lid, but I cannot find any pictures that are high enough resolution to use.

Where are all the super high resolution Pony pictures at?

Adelor Lyon said:
I'm not sure what everyone here thinks about My Little Pony fan fiction

I'll just say "Confound these Ponies! They drive me to read fanfiction!"

Seriously, I hadn't been into fanfiction for years. Even then, I was more into crossovers as I loved to see, despite being unoffical in every way, what it would be like if two unlikely properties crossed paths. So I've mostly been reading crossovers myself. A couple of the Doctor Whoof fics, Samurai Jack, and even Stargate SG1. Yeah, despite the derp you're brain goes through trying to imagine two completely different visuals (bright, colorful animation and live-action) the characters mesh surprisingly well. I've read a couple "normal" fanfics including Letters to a Princess (total Dawwww conversations between Luna and Twilight), the Ponification Bureau (surprisingly interesting concept, even if it is way out there), and Stranded, a story about a regular fan of the show that finds himself in Ponyville (believe me, it's NOT as Mary-Sue-ish and lame as it sounds)

Aside from the discussions and other cool fanwork. It's a nice distraction in waiting for Season 2

OMG Aero

Uchip said:
alright
im drunk enough to watch an episode
reccomend me a few
chances are i havent seen it
Which episodes have you actually seen? I find it weird that you're this active in the thread but haven't seen them all yet.
Bakphoon said:
IT IS BEAUTIFUL... (sorry for quoting the big picture, but its so awesome, i needed to quote it)

Carek, you rock! I looks much better as I imagined it! (I will shop the Cmark later in)
You get your mark when you are no longer a junior. That's the way it works around these parts.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
i believe he's referring to the random trolls who wander in from the tinychat directory and shit all over the place because the chat mods are not there or afk.
Isn't Cheezmo the creator? Can't he just add a password to the chatroom and share it here or in the FB group?

Choppasmith said:
Thought I'd re-post this for the new page. Not sure if anyone caught it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlpHa0pk8E
Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme Power Metal version
Love it, you can't go wrong with Power Metal.

AXavierB said:
This show is incredible.

I hope Luna has a bigger role in season two.
Your avatar made me think it was Jenga writing this, and my mind was momentaneously blown.

I'm alright now. Welcome, fellow fan!

Calpain said:
Welcome you guys! Good to see fans joining the thread here. And did someone say party?
http://i.imgur.com/qU9V8m.jpg
This is a fantastic piece, thanks for sharing!

Negator said:
Whipped up a little something. Sprite source is desktop ponies.

http://i53.tinypic.com/1hxj12.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2v8ml5d.jpg
Amazing work right there, Negator. I also do a little sprite perling, and those are some big sprites you were working on... how long did it take you to finish them?

careksims said:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/careksims/congratbak.jpg
Congrats Bak. Too bad you couldn't decide on a Cmark.
Excellent, as was to be expected. Your work really shines, I really love it but I can't help but feel a little envious.

I guess I can strike Bakphoon off my to-do list, or maybe move him to the bottom, as I would still like to do something for him.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Jintor said:
Physics Pony-guy got a call from Hasbro. It was a cease and desist... nah I'm kidding
So the guy got sent free stuff for those photos of himself? Huh, I guess he was doing marketing for them.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I apologise for last night, Gentlecolts.

I was caught up in a skirmish with some weaksauce OPA trolls.

I assure you, I will be more vigilant from now on.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
CHEEZMO™ said:
I apologise for last night, Gentlecolts.

I was caught up in a skirmish with some weaksauce OPA trolls.

I assure you, I will be more vigilant from now on.
A skirmish? I assume this was in tinygaf?

I'll be honest, the tinychat terrifies me.

It sounds like GAF but with a wider range of extremes (in terms of luls and trolling), and no archives for of blackmail material to hold anyone accountable.

But I would have loved it while waiting in the registry queue!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Thnikkaman said:
A skirmish? I assume this was in tinygaf?
No, OPA were in PonyChat getting mad at me.

I was dealing with them both in there and in TinyGaf, where I was also hatching some longer-term plans.

I was also hiding up in OPA's shit.

So I was spread pretty thin last night.

Adelor Lyon said:
I'm not sure what everyone here thinks about My Little Pony fan fiction, but I just finished reading the most incredible story by Saddlesoap Opera on Fanfiction.net. I don't think I can recommend it highly enough for what it deserves.
That was surprisingly great. Thanks for posting the link :)

Proelite

Calpain said:
Welcome to the thread! Always good to see another face. As for the video you linked I believe it or the anthology it is part of has been linked before. Doesn't matter though because that PONIES parody is awesome.

This thread is awesome. I've already read through entire 100-200 page threads on my other forums (literally all the ones that I visit.), and I can't wait to finish this one. Jenga was trolling it up the first few dozen pages. :/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Proelite said:
This thread is awesome. I've already read through entire 100-200 page threads on my other forums (literally all the ones that I visit.), and I can't wait to finish this one. Jenga was trolling it up the first few dozen pages. :/
oh boy, you're getting close to my contribution.

tiff

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
From what I understand, its more so the normal GAF TinyChat vs OPA, and PonyChat was an innocent bystander in the battle.
Oh yeah, I understand that OPA is not a big fan of the ponies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Adelor Lyon said:
I'm not sure what everyone here thinks about My Little Pony fan fiction, but I just finished reading the most incredible story by Saddlesoap Opera on Fanfiction.net. I don't think I can recommend it highly enough for what it deserves. Six chapters, one for each pony. Linked in chronological order:

1) Fluttershy: Origins
2) Pinkie Pie: Schism
3) Rainbow Dash: Dependence
4) Applejack: Exposure
5) Rarity: Loss
6) Twilight Sparkle: Spellbound

The first chapter is short and the second chapter really get the ball rolling. I was intrigued after the first chapter and the second chapter completely sucked me into the story. Every chapter keeps getting more and more interesting, and while I hate to use the word "epic" to describe anything anymore, I can't think of anything else to describe this. The fact that it's in well written English also helps the readability and enjoyability.
Thank you very much for sharing this, not only because it is extraordinarily good, but also because you had the courage to break the taboo on promoting fan fiction in this thread.

After reading your post, I picked this one up, and like you, I couldn't drop it until I was done with it. It's an amazing read, very well written, amazingly vivid, expertly developed and with a very, very satisfying ending. Was this show to assume a more "adult" tone (not that I wish it was so), this would make for a perfect series finale (titled "Magic makes it all complete", of course).

At the beginning, it really seemed like the author would just try to "deepen" the characters by throwing gratuitous angst at them, but by chapter 4, the overall reason for this story becomes apparent (although not obvious), and it's not forced at all - every part of it makes sense within itself and within the show's universe. To achieve this, the author uses some pretty smart interpretations of several details from the episodes themselves, with great effect.

I personally think that Fluttershy's plight was not handled as brilliantly as she deserved, and that the whole thing could have been handled without resorting to shipping, but in the whole, this package makes for an extremely enjoyable fan experience, worth every second spent reading it.

Haters gonna hate, but this piece is as praiseworthy as the finest fan art I have put my eyes on, and I gladly recommend it to anyone willing to give it a try.

Myke Greywolf said:
Haters gonna hate, but this piece is as praiseworthy as the finest fan art I have put my eyes on, and I gladly recommend it to anyone willing to give it a try.
I'm willing to give this a try.

However... shipping. It does nothing for me and I do my best to avoid it.

McNum

So I saw the toys for FiM in the wild in Denmark today. Pink Celestia looks a bit weird, but the interesting thing was that, as a person who cannot resist a "Try Me!" button on displayed toys, I of course tried to hear what Celestia had to say. She spoke Danish. Very interesting, I guess that means that the show itself is not far behind. Didn't the Nordic Cartoon Network get the rights to it?

Didn't buy anything, though. Maybe later.

Bakphoon

I made a proper cutie mark, and drew it on his flank.
It is a Neogaf logo in the colors of a Pokéball and with Typhlosion flames on top.
Also i stretched the horn a bit.

hRnkv.jpg

(original image by careksims)

I made an Avatar too :)
PO1Jy.jpg

McNum said:
So I saw the toys for FiM in the wild in Denmark today. Pink Celestia looks a bit weird, but the interesting thing was that, as a person who cannot resist a "Try Me!" button on displayed toys, I of course tried to hear what Celestia had to say. She spoke Danish. Very interesting, I guess that means that the show itself is not far behind. Didn't the Nordic Cartoon Network get the rights to it?

I'm also afraid of the German dub... I hope it won't get as horrible as our Pokémon dub before best wishes (Black and White outside of Japan)

EDIT:

To much puns in the tinychat, so i created this:
8U89m.jpg

Calpain

McNum said:

If I had to guess I would say Nordic Cartoon Network sounds like the right network to pick it up since Cartoon Network UK picked the show up to begin airing in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom