Namco teasing Pacman & Galaga 3DS [Up7: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, Ono, Vesperia?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome news. I wasn't expecting to be playing a new Tales game for quite some time, and I had given up on Graces ever seeing an official translation. Day 1, Namco, just make sure to give Europe some love too!
 
Look, can we all agree that no matter what system it gets released for that the best thing about this announcement is that Namco can't get talesofgraces.com because of a fan translation project?
 

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Bebpo said:
Eh, the sticks feel a little worse but it doesn't really effect the gameplay at all from my experience.

I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. You're just used to the Wii controls, which is something people playing it on PS3 for the first time wouldn't even notice. Most people are used to playing 3d Tales on a PS2 controller or X360 controller.
Exactly.
 
-Pyromaniac- said:
When Graces F comes out all you PS3 owners better buy 3 each. That way Xillia won't be too far (within the decade).

Oh and that's right I said when.

Steelbook case plz. :p I loved the ToV one. I kinda miss the Artbooks they usually do for preorders. I have all 2 of them so far. Legendia, and ToS.
 
MoogPaul said:
Look, can we all agree that no matter what system it gets released for that the best thing about this announcement is that Namco can't get talesofgraces.com because of a fan translation project?
Could always buy it from the peeps. or get thetalesofthegraces.com instead
 
MoogPaul said:
Look, can we all agree that no matter what system it gets released for that the best thing about this announcement is that Namco can't get talesofgraces.com because of a fan translation project?
domain name is not an issue,
well
this is Tales of Vesperia EU official site
www.talesofvesperia.eu/

this is the NA one:
http://www.namcobandaigames.com/games/talesofvesperia/

they don't have any problem here :p

But those poor guys over at talesofgraces.com... I'm not sure how they feel about this.
 

RpgN

Junior Member
Great news for Tales fans. The Graces F demo was pretty great and I still have the sealed copy somewhere. I hope they're looking into Tales of Abyss DS since it's impossible to import it :(
 
Eteric Rice said:
Wait, where did you hear it was the PS3 version?
Tales of Graces F is the PS3 version of the game. Superior edition and all that. If the warped image in the op is right - which it definitely seems so - then it is what it is.

Anihawk said:
We already got Tales of the Abyss. I already got Tales of the Abyss.
If you consider that loading abomination "getting" Abyss, then sure. I on the other eagerly await the 3DS version where I can stomach playing for more than an hour because the loading isn't completely horrendous
 
Gravijah said:
I didn't pick it up years ago because of supposed bugs/glitches. I regret that. :/
I still consider it part of my backlog. Bought it in 2006. Put 2 hours into it in 2007 or 2008 and still haven't gotten back to it. Just got lost. Definitely don't remember any bugs or glitches (although it was only 2 hours).

I really need to go back and finish that one. That one and Nocturne.
 
Bel Marduk said:
It's not too late to buy it now. I bought it a couple months ago...
My backlog is enormous. Fucking gaming! Haha.

AniHawk said:
I still consider it part of my backlog. Bought it in 2006. Put 2 hours into it in 2007 or 2008 and still haven't gotten back to it. Just got lost. Definitely don't remember any bugs or glitches (although it was only 2 hours).

I really need to go back and finish that one. That one and Nocturne.
I need to finish Nocturne myself. I tried jumping into my save file a year or two ago and I couldn't figure out where the hell to go.
 
Amir0x said:
Tales of Graces F is the PS3 version of the game. Superior edition and all that. If the warped image in the op is right - which it definitely seems so - then it is what it is.
Ah, I see the F. Though, they probably could port the extras to the Wii. It's all the same resources I believe.

But when it comes to Bandai Namco, always expect the worst. lol

Relaxed Muscle said:
When you say both systems you mean PS3 and 360, right!? :p
Nope, Wii and PS3.

Though it wouldn't bother me if they ported it to the 360 as well.
 
See how this continues to drag on. I have to say, fuck you namdai for waiting until 2011 to say something. I made a bet last year with Pancakes about this getting localized within 2010 and that didn't happen. I now owe him a copy of jp Graces F or similar, it was for 100$ D:
 
Don't know the system, but it looks like Tales of Graces F. You can see the loop from bottom of the "F" at the bottom of the image. Looks like the moved the white circle containing the "F" (from the original TOG F logo) to the center of the image. Could this be the PS3 version, or the rumored Wii version with the extra PS3 stuff? Hopefully both.
 

Dead

well not really...yet
Considering I finally got Vesperia 360 as I gave up waiting for the PS3 version, and already put 40+ hours into it, I'm glad it looks Graces might be the next Tales to hit our shores
 
Fun fact: Tales of Symphonia by itself has sold more than 1.5 times as many copies in the US as every Tales game released on a Sony platform COMBINED.
Leaked NPD numbers:
Symphonia - 465k through Jan 08 Feb 07?
Legendia - 74k through Jan 08
Abyss - 68k through Jan 08
Radiant Mythology - 30k through Jan 08
Destiny - 68,614 through 2005
Destiny II - 56,864 through 2005

Even Vesperia and the god-awful Dawn of the New World sold twice as well as any of the Playstation Tales games. The series just doesn't sell on Sony platforms in the US for whatever reason.
 
Eteric Rice said:
Ah, I see the F. Though, they probably could port the extras to the Wii. It's all the same resources I believe.

But when it comes to Bandai Namco, always expect the worst. lol
Well if they're gonna bother translating it i don't see why they shouldn't bring the Wii game in addition to the PS3 game

nincompoop said:
The series just doesn't sell on Sony platforms in the US for whatever reason.
Neither does Tales sell on any other platform in the USA. Symphonia was a fluke, a right-time, right-place for the RPG starved Gamecube market. Symphonia II sold like shit.
 

RpgN

Junior Member
StuBurns said:
Happy for the fans, I guess this means Xillia is more likely now, which is cool.
This is scamco. They're never consistent and it doesn't matter wether they released a previous Tales game before or not :(
 
nincompoop said:
Fun fact: Tales of Symphonia by itself has sold more than 1.5 times as many copies in the US as every Tales game released on a Sony platform COMBINED.
Leaked NPD numbers:
Symphonia - 465k through Jan 08 Feb 07?
Legendia - 74k through Jan 08
Abyss - 68k through Jan 08
Radiant Mythology - 30k through Jan 08
Destiny - 68,614 through 2005
Destiny II - 56,864 through 2005

Even Vesperia and the god-awful Dawn of the New World sold twice as well as any of the Playstation Tales games. The series just doesn't sell on Sony platforms in the US for whatever reason.
I wouldn't say it sells well on any platform!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.