• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

I just started playing. I need to get back into the groove of things and I'll be ready to jump into online. I am having a good time for the most part though.

How do you make your teammates do a punch in the air after you send them back flying?
I think it is only set to happen after you damage the opponent to a certain point. There is no way for you to manually do it.

jorgejjvr

I just started playing. I need to get back into the groove of things and I'll be ready to jump into online. I am having a good time for the most part though.

I think it is only set to happen after you damage the opponent to a certain point. There is no way for you to manually do it.
I'm down to play whenever

How do you make your teammates do a punch in the air after you send them back flying?

each character has a set support trait, support trait only come in effect after you fill the storm gauge halfway (the bar under your chakra closer to the middle of the screen)

the support trait your looking for is strike back and it usually happens after using a normal combo with out titling the stick or hitting the opponent with certain jutsu

oh my god if you use Onyx Chidori on the Last version of Sasuke and do it from the right side of the screen you that CC2 didn't remove his right arm and see his fist

i under stand not wanting to go over a age rating but could they at least put like some thing over the hand so it looks like he only has one arm

i mean look at this

gDyU3ID.jpg

sorry for PS4 shit uploading but this was the best they could do?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kaguya is insane. Holy shit.

Xiraiya

I'm loving the game and at it's best it looks pretty fucking incredible.

But I have gotta be honest, they've been a little lazy and inconsistent in this version with some of their character edits, they're more than happy to add damaged versions of everyone's outfits but they are somehow unable to set Sasuke and Naruto's arms to transparent textures at the end? Or just setting Sasuke's arm to transparent inside his outfit?

Stuff like that is a little weird.

I also find the story mode a little lazy in the first parts after an incredibly strong opening, all the bad quality video cutscenes are a little jarring and I wish they just bit the bullet and had copy/pasted those cutscenes into the game directly, I mean they have all the assets right there in UNS4, playing those scenes in real time probably would have taken less space than videos and since I play at 4k they'd all look really good. (Though Hashirama sitting on top of the mountain in his casual clothes is a weird scene, it looks like they pulled him out of a handheld Ninja storm game or something since he looks worse than the UNS3/Revolution models)

Also the anime stills they use, that concept actually pretty good, but my GOD did they pick the worst frames ever.

I have so many moments of being like "What the hell is happening with the anime? did CC2 pick all the in between frames we're not meant to stare at as cutscene stills? It's baffling, they would have been better off redrawing all that stuff since CC2's art is way better than whatever the hell is going on in the anime.

I am very thankful pretty much all the costume DLC from UNS3 is in this this game. Does anyone know about this limited time event message showing up in game?

But in conclusion Revolution shouldn't have existed, they should have just put all of that work towards making UNS4 a little more fleshed out experience, I'm still having fun though.

I'm curious why all of the characters who got the last redesigns don't have costumes in this
They'll probably get stuff later, I assume UNS4 will eventually get DLC like UNS3 got Full Burst etc.

Revven

They'll probably get stuff later, I assume UNS4 will eventually get DLC like UNS3 got Full Burst etc.

The season pass/all three DLC packs have had their content revealed already and the only characters getting any new costumes in pack 1 and 2 are Naruto and Sasuke (as if they needed more). The rest are old costumes from previous games being resold to us. There very likely will not be a Full Burst and the three DLC packs they've announced (which I believe should be listed in the OP) are it.

Xiraiya

The season pass/all three DLC packs have had their content revealed already and the only characters getting any new costumes in pack 1 and 2 are Naruto and Sasuke (as if they needed more). The rest are old costumes from previous games being resold to us. There very likely will not be a Full Burst and the three DLC packs they've announced (which I believe should be listed in the OP) are it.

Old costumes? As it is the game has all those, or pretty much all of them that I can see. New costumes for Naruto/Sasuke seems strange, they have more than anyone else and I'm pretty sure they're not the most played/favorited characters.

Though I still want Gutsy Ninja Naruto, which is just Naruto in a Jonin outfit, and Alternate Reality Obito with the black eyepatch thing would be cool since it appeared briefly in the manga.
No Menma is still a crime.

Revven

Old costumes? As it is the game has all those, or pretty much all of them that I can see.

Yes, 10 old costumes in each pack for a total of 30 old costumes. Stuff like the swimwear outfits for Sakura, Ino, Tsunade, and Hinata and other things that aren't there. The joke is, that example of the swimwear... they're already in the game as there's a Survival course that features those characters in those costumes -- you can't unlock them, though. And they're not selectable.

Soooo yeah. That's one example of a set of costumes you can expect the DLC to include.

New costumes for Naruto/Sasuke seems strange, they have more than anyone else and I'm pretty sure they're not the most played/favorited characters..

It isn't strange when it's the Hokage Naruto for The Last Naruto and a costume for The Last Sasuke as well. And as of right now they're definitely the most played online (from what I've been reading anyway). I agree that it's stupid they're getting new costumes when they already have the most out of anyone else in the entire game. It's ridiculous. But that's just how it is, the main characters get the most costumes... :/

Xiraiya

I maintain that if I was working at CC2, I would just be suggesting dumb outfit ideas.

Akatsuki Outfits for Naruto's generation.
Sanin outfits for team 7
Anbu outfits for Naruto's generation.
Pretty much a whole bunch of cosplaying between characters.

Pre-Akatsuki Yahiko for Pain
Robeless Konan

And so on, actually UNS4 introduced two Outfit concepts I really wanted to see, Naruto and Sasuke outfit swap which I never imagined being a thing and the special Jinchuriki outfits from that one color page.

I maintain that if I was working at CC2, I would just be suggesting dumb outfit ideas.

Sanin outfits for team 7

Robeless Konan

And so on, actually UNS4 introduced two Outfit concepts I really wanted to see, Naruto and Sasuke outfit swap which I never imagined being a thing and the special Jinchuriki outfits from that one color page.

Naruto and Sasuke outfit swap was from a past game and the Jinchuriki outfits were already done is a past game as well

those will more than likely show up in of the DLC packs as part of the past costume stuff

Xiraiya

Naruto and Sasuke outfit swap was from a past game and the Jinchuriki outfits were already done is a past game as well

those will more than likely show up in of the DLC packs as part of the past costume stuff
I know they were from revolution, I was talking from before that time, I also never paid attention to revolution because I figured there would be a UNS4.

Sanin outfits for team 7

Robeless Konan

I feel you.
Where are these outfits >.<

Lagamorph

I've finally gotten around to starting this off.

Please tell me not all of the 'cutscenes' are just slideshows....it's such a huge step back from 3...that had some incredible in-engine cut scenes. The scene with
Kushina and Minato sacrificing themselves
was incredible in 3...never would've worked with a slideshow, the emotional impact would've been completely lost.

I've updated the PS4 community ID's. Join since its the easiest way to play people here :D

I've finally gotten around to starting this off.

Please tell me not all of the 'cutscenes' are just slideshows....it's such a huge step back from 3...that had some incredible in-engine cut scenes. The scene with
Kushina and Minato sacrificing themselves
was incredible in 3...never would've worked with a slideshow, the emotional impact would've been completely lost.

No. About halfway, 3D scenes are more prevalent, eventually becoming the only method.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I always loved how Sakura was the token Dwarf/Barbarian.
I wish they did more with her super strength in the series. Wielding a giant axe like in the picture above would have been awesome. Her warrior costume in this game is also really cool.

Altairre

The compression on the cutscenes is terrible. I wish games would stop doing that and just show it in-engine instead of having videos of in-engine stuff.

SolVanderlyn

Finished story mode. Thoughts:

-Anime stills weren't that bad
-Grinding on the God Tree with Gamakichi was ridiculous... but also amazing in a weird way
-It was really nice to see the Obito fights without a million and one flashbacks to his past
-On that note, Gai's flashback was removed... :(
-The entire Kaguya sequence seemed insanely rushed compared to the manga. A lot of scenes seemed to just be melded into the battle itself. This is what I was looking forward to the most out of the story mode, so it was pretty disappointing in this regard. What was there was done very well, though.
-The final story arc was REALLY well done. Didn't leave out much, almost perfect adaptation of the Naruto/Sasuke fight and even had chapter 699/some of 700 in there.

Overall, it was very good. Even more enjoyable since the anime didn't cover the back half of it yet. I wish it covered The Last and Boruto too.

exfatal

Finished story mode. Thoughts:

-Anime stills weren't that bad
-Grinding on the God Tree with Gamakichi was ridiculous... but also amazing in a weird way
-It was really nice to see the Obito fights without a million and one flashbacks to his past
-On that note, Gai's flashback was removed... :(
-The entire Kaguya sequence seemed insanely rushed compared to the manga. A lot of scenes seemed to just be melded into the battle itself. This is what I was looking forward to the most out of the story mode, so it was pretty disappointing in this regard. What was there was done very well, though.
-The final story arc was REALLY well done. Didn't leave out much, almost perfect adaptation of the Naruto/Sasuke fight and even had chapter 699/some of 700 in there.

Overall, it was very good. Even more enjoyable since the anime didn't cover the back half of it yet. I wish it covered The Last and Boruto too.
Basically my thoughts as well, expect really didn't like the anime stills they used

Looking back at the few matches i played yesterday with fellow gaffer jorgejjvr.
Dont know how i managed to pull off this win. Had me sweating bullets.

S-ranked everything. Only thing that actually troubled me was the 10-tails chase (god that shit was just dumb) and the fact that I had to cheese Obito, Kakashi and Sakura vs. Kaguya because you're gimped for that fight versus boss level healthbars and infinite subs.

jorgejjvr

Looking back at the few matches i played yesterday with fellow gaffer jorgejjvr.
Dont know how i managed to pull off this win. Had me sweating bullets.
Haha I remember that, so much fun

I got carried away thinking "I got this". Didn't play it safe and wasted subs.

That being said, that was a freaking great comeback

We definitely need to play again

Top Bottom