• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have also got a lot of flukey miracle comeback games or other teams totally choking against us and we take advantage. I've watched all our games and I think I've seen them be actually impressive maybe 4-5 games. A lot of this team needs to be cut

Sadly, I agree. 2013-2014 Danny Green isn't ever coming back, Parker's time is up, LMA just isn't working, and the bench has their moments but are continually put in bad positions because of their starting unit sans Kawhi.

Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph and Jamychal Green should be able to hurt the Spurs on the inside, but Conley is going to need to be aggressive in this series

For the Spurs' sake I hope this is the last series Parker ever starts. Pop seriously needs to adjust by benching him this post-season. And next year, play Murray waaaay more, the way Parker immediately started but was also heavily criticized and pressured by Pop.

Sadly, I agree. 2013-2014 Danny Green isn't ever coming back, Parker's time is up, LMA just isn't working, and the bench has their moments but are continually put in bad positions because of their starting unit sans Kawhi.

Tony Parker is our starting point guard. Let that sink in.

LMA has been a total bust for us. I was so hype when we got him I thought he was a perfect signing for us. I'd trade him for draft picks at this point.

We will probably get past the grizzlies after all is said and done but that's as far as we will probably go.

LionPride

Banned
Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph and Jamychal Green should be able to hurt the Spurs on the inside, but Conley is going to need to be aggressive in this series

For the Spurs' sake I hope this is the last series Parker ever starts. Pop seriously needs to adjust by benching him this post-season

Playoff Mike aka the best Grizz player will be aggressive and so will Marc and ZBO. Ain't worried.

Stopping Kawhi without TA tho...yikes

Tony Parker is our starting point guard. Let that sink in.

LMA has been a total bust for us. I was so hype when we got him I thought he was a perfect signing for us. I'd trade him for draft picks at this point.

We will probably get past the grizzlies after all is said and done but that's as far as we will probably go.

Spurs, especially their bench, seems to show up against the Rockets, tbf. Mills and Ginobili and Parker have all had great games this year against Houston (Parker actually hitting his 3s was what screwed us in game 4, because Beverley was leaving him open, sagging off of him, to play help defense pretty effectively, but then Parker hit something like 3 corner 3s smh)

latest

Bring back Duncan for one more playoff series.

Tom Penny

I will never understand why a brilliant coach and scouting team like the Spurs have a guy like Danny Green playing 25 minutes a game. He's such a one trick pony on offense.

mjp2417

Banned
I will never understand why a brilliant coach and scouting team like the Spurs have a guy like Danny Green playing 25 minutes a game. He's such a one trick pony on offense.

He's still a very good defender who can hit 3's. He'd be playing 25 a game for most teams in the NBA.

Tall4Life

It's the Warriors x Cavs league
At least for two more years

Everyone just playing for 3rd but getting paid millions 😎

Lol you can't be serious, especially in the east

if the Celtics or the Raptors draft/trade well they can beat the Cavs

they aren't a monster of a team like GSW

LionPride

Banned
Lol you can't be serious, especially in the east

if the Celtics or the Raptors draft/trade well they can beat the Cavs

they aren't a monster of a team like GSW
I'm tellin ya

Yabusle and Zizic + the Nets pick plus whatever they get by trading IT/Crowder

Celtics should trade IT if they get this #1 pick btw

Tom Penny

He's still a very good defender who can hit 3's. He'd be playing 25 a game for most teams in the NBA.

I'd never play a player 25 minutes a game that puts up 7/3 unless I had to. I don't give a shit what kind of D he plays. He's not even a play maker.

Pau has been shooting 3s at a rate above 50%, really boosted post-ASB, when he came off the bench, he hit above 100 3s, and was just under the minimum requirement to take the title of best 3 point shooter in the NBA.

Also, Pau as a 3 pt shooter. Jfc MDA

I'd never play a player 25 minutes a game that puts up 7/3 unless I had to. I don't give a shit what kind of D he plays. He's not even a play maker.

If the main boon of my team is a suffocating defense that plays the ball denial game, I very much might do exactly that.

If Parsons wasn't injured, Grizzlies win this series with ease.

If Parsons wasn't injured, Grizzlies lose this series with ease.

Parsons is washed man. He isn't Houston or even Dallas Parsons anymore

Parsons is the sort of player that would let Kawhi and Green abuse him like crazy. Parsons without his knees and with his flat shot vs Kawhi? You want to consider that match-up?

Hitta93

Banned
He would have been the 3rd scorer they've needed, he put up career numbers leading into his free agency last season.

Kawhi isn't that good.

mjp2417

Banned
If Parsons wasn't injured, Grizzlies lose this series with ease.

Parsons is washed man. He isn't Houston or even Dallas Parsons anymore

Parsons is the sort of player that would let Kawhi and Green abuse him like crazy. Parsons without his knees and with his flat shot vs Kawhi? You want to consider that match-up?

Everyone clowns on the Knicks for the Noah deal and the Lakers for Mozgov, but Parsons low key has the worst contract in the league.

Casey you god damn son of a bitch.

COMPLETELY UNPREPARED for the game.

Just changes and tightens the rotation even though we win because of our depth, and when Lowry plays well, and defense, no other damn reason.

Can't just play a 8 man rotation and expect the team to just magically win without a fucking gameplan.

God fuck you Casey.

He would have been the 3rd scorer they've needed, he put up career numbers leading into his free agency last season.

Kawhi isn't that good.

Have you seen Parsons this season?

I'm sorry man, he was great in Houston, and looked like he was heading upwards in Dallas when he wasn't injured. But he's washed. He has a flat shot, he's gonna be super-injury prone for the rest of the season, he's not quick enough anymore.

Parsons is done. Had he been who he was in Houston or Dallas when not injured, he would be a great pick-up for kick-starting the Memphis offense and giving them a playmaker. But he's done.

His shot was already super flat before, but his knees being dead means he can't get enough lift to make the shots at all now

Also, Kawhi is a top 6 player already, along with Lebron, Harden, Westbrook, Curry, and Durant. Those six are the ones that, by the strictest definition of super-stars, are definitively super-stars. And Kawhi is only 25. Harden is the next youngest at 27. Kawhi is far closer to AD in age. Kyrie is the same age as him, but he's still not in his prime yet. Kawhi is already a superstar

I'm not sure you've watched that much this year. But Kawhi is deadly in ISO this year, has to produce offensively a bunch for the Spurs, is still the best perimeter defender in the league (especially when he needs to be), has (along with Butler and DeRozan, the other major stars I know that are now doing this) started to draw fouls in a manner similar to Harden, etc. Kawhi is a superstar.

Before, you could argue that he can't just go off, and carry a team on his own. He's done that this year. Maybe he had more help than say, Russ or Harden, but he also has more wins than them.

Casey you god damn son of a bitch.

COMPLETELY UNPREPARED for the game.

Just changes and tightens the rotation even though we win because of our depth, and when Lowry plays well, and defense, no other damn reason.

Can't just play a 8 man rotation and expect the team to just magically win without a fucking gameplan.

God fuck you Casey.

The entire game he was out coached. I dont get why the fuck he had everyome who guarded Giannis hug him and go over screens. He is a shitty distance shooter. Sag off him. Encourage him to shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom