• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitta93

Banned
No one is saying he's 2nd best.

You don't have to be 2nd best for "not that good" to be a really dumb statement.

That he's even arguably 2nd best means he's in the top tier

It's been stated before, not at this very moment.

He's just lucky to be drafted by the Spurs.

lol no.. Giannis needs to get a jumper and 3 point shot to be in the level of some players. He's just a freak of a nature who does some things exceptionally well. If he gets a jumper, that's the new KD in a nutshell. He's got several things to fix to reach that level.

Man always every year with some crazy hyperbole shit when it comes to the NBA. Giannis is a likely MVP winner in the future no doubt, but chill out.

He usually gives LeBron that work too.

The Spurs traded for him cause they know how good his potential was, how high that ceiling hit.

The man is an nba champion fam.
Didn't Pop or Buford say they actually never expected him to be this good? That they drafted him to be a solid rotation player and lucked out in getting a successor to Duncan?

He's reached his potential.

He's also played with Duncan, Ginobili, Parker.
The dude is carrying the entire team with the corpse of Parker and occasionally Ginobli this season, with no Duncan in sight. They're still the #2 seed, and believe me, they really shouldn't be.

LionPride

Banned

Ya know. He's 25 and has 2 DPOYs and a Finals MVP. He keeps scoring more all the while becoming a better defender which we thought was impossible. If his ceiling is a top 4 NBA player. That's pretty good.

scanferr

Ya know. He's 25 and has 2 DPOYs and a Finals MVP. He keeps scoring more all the while becoming a better defender which we thought was impossible. If his ceiling is a top 4 NBA player. That's pretty good.

Considering one of that top 4 is one of best players ever, I'd say that's pretty amazing.

EDIT: Sorry double post.

Hitta93

Banned
Reached his potential? He's upped his point avg every year and has a career high ast and usage rate this year... lol take the L man

What L is there to take?

He's not going to be any better than he already is, him scoring more points doesn't mean he got better...especially considering how the NBA is now and with Duncan retiring.

LionPride

Banned
What L is there to take?

He's not going to be any better than he already is, him scoring more points doesn't mean he got better...especially considering how the NBA is now and with Duncan retiring.
Lol bruh! He's gotten better exponentially every year! He is 25! He can definitely get better, which would be amazomg because he's a top 4 NBA player with the only players above him being a Top 5 ALL TIME player, one of the best pure scorers ever, and arguably the best shooter ever.

scanferr

Lol bruh! He's gotten better exponentially every year! He is 25! He can definitely get better, which would be amazomg because he's a top 4 NBA player with the only players above him being a Top 5 ALL TIME player, one of the best pure scorers ever, and arguably the best shooter ever.

Don't bother, mate. Dunno what Kawhi did to him :D

Hitta93

Banned

Your opinion.

He's not better than Harden.

It's been stated before, not at this very moment.

He's just lucky to be drafted by the Spurs.

Have you looked at the Spurs right now? It's Kawhi and a bunch of role players, and LMA, who is either decent or underperforms, with the occasional great game.

ITT CP3 is top5.

No, just no. Not even top10. And Kawhi not being top 5? What is this?

I don't agree with the 2nd. I think CP3 has a pretty damn solid argument to be the number 7 right outside of the "superstars".

Hell, if you look at the Clippers with and without him, and the on-off plus minus numbers, he would be the best player in the NBA iirc

Didn't Pop or Buford say they actually never expected him to be this good? That they drafted him to be a solid rotation player and lucked out in getting a successor to Duncan?

The dude is carrying the entire team with the corpse of Parker and occasionally Ginobli this season, with no Duncan in sight. They're still the #2 seed, and believe me, they really shouldn't be.

They were expecting another 3-D athletic Bruce Bowen type. That was why they drafted him.

Also, him playing for the Spurs means nothing about his development somehow being fake or something. Giannis got drafted by the Bucks, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that a bunch of teams would've fucked it up and not made him a star. Even if Kawhi wouldn't be this good without the Spurs developing him, that's irrelevant to the fact that he IS that good now.

Parker and Ginobili are mostly washed, Duncan was averaging about 20+ mpg and was mainly useful on defense last year. The Spurs' roster mainly overhauled from last year, and they got a bunch of new guys, and they have 61 wins. I think they slightly overachieved, but Kawhi has been carrying them too.

Your opinion.

He's not better than Harden.

It's arguable, and they're of a similar caliber at the very least.

Defense is 50% of the goddamn game

That's not true. People say this far too often. Lowe's estimate is more on point - defense is about 30-40% of the game. It's often where players can most improve, but that's also because you need to have some skill offensively to get to the NBA

So that Kawhi is more complete than Harden as of now.

Again, arguable. Aspects of the game, like shot creation, and the ability to drive an offense, add an asymmetrical aspect to it all. It's like when you hear Dirk compared to many other traditional PFs, they do different things, have different roles.

He's not even the second best player in the league!

See below.

Harden aint that good.
I honestly think it's arguable. I probably pick KD, but it's arguable.

Hitta93

Banned
I wouldn't call someone averaging 17/11 last season a role player. Aldridge is arguably better than Kawhi, just sacrificing stats because of the Spurs system. David Lee isn't a scrub. Parker/Ginobili are old but aren't scrubs by any means.

I'll just say if you were to trade any of the other players I listed above Kawhi outside of Durant(roles are similar, but Durant is a better isolation scorer and facilitator), every team would get worse.

Mory Dunz

I wouldn't call someone averaging 17/11 last season a role player. Aldridge is arguably better than Kawhi, just sacrificing stats because of the Spurs system. David Lee isn't a scrub. Parker/Ginobili are old but aren't scrubs by any means.

I'll just say if you were to trade any of the other players I listed above Kawhi outside of Durant(roles are similar, but Durant is a better isolation scorer and facilitator), every team would get worse.

3o7ZeNjsAyGIiBnl1m.gif

I also think that, if you just plop Harden, or Curry, or Westbrook, on the Clippers, for example, they wouldn't necessarily improve as much as Kawhi would improve them. Kawhi is a superstar that I could see pairing with almost any other star in the NBA.

And no, Aldridge is not arguably better than Kawhi. I don't think you've watched many NBA games this year, sorry.

Spurs supporting cast can, in some ways, be compared to Rockets', in terms of value. I think their's is better, but not by much, and Kawhi has to be the glue and the star of that team is so many different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom