• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly no, but I know that stat line wasn't good.

If he can't get fully healthy at all, that contract he got is going to be one of the worst in recent memory.

It's worse than Noah's, worse than Mozgov's, worse than Deng's. Parsons has the worst contract in the league, and it's not even close.

The best 2 way player in the game, but when people say he's right behind LeBron as far as best player in the NBA, that's overrating him.

There is no clearly defined number 2, imo. Durant, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, and Kawhi. You can make arguments for any one over the other, but they're all definitely in the same tier right under Lebron.

Not sure what else you would want me to say. There's a good amount of players I would take over Kawhi that's all.

There's not enough of a difference between the 5 players for me to pick any single one as certainly over the other, and also state that it should be a unanimous choice too.

Who is better?

Better is tough. The NBA has A LOT of talent.

Let me take a stab at it. Arguably:

Lebron, Durant, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, and for the last spot, umm... Chris Paul is my best guess.

Yeah, I guess CP3 is sort of on that level too. Yeah, he is.

Ok

So it's Lebron
And then pick from Durant, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Kawhi, and CP3. Some would argue Durant is on his own tier, some would argue that for Curry, and some might put both above the others.

At maximum, it's a Tier 1, and then Tier 2 with up to three sections (A, B, C)

Easily take Leonard over Westbrook. Would take him over harden as well and cp3.

I think Harden and CP3 might be better to make something out of nothing, but Kawhi definitely has a "I fit in well with any team ever" quality to him.

Also, it's fucking insane to think of him as only 25. AD is the oldest of the "young" players, and he's 24. Kawhi is so young to already be at the superstar stage.

Hitta93

Banned
So 6 players out of 300 in the NBA is a good amount of players you'd take over Kawhi because he's not that good. Gotcha.

If you're saying 2nd best in the NBA, I'll say he's not that good.
If you're saying he's the closest thing to Jordan, he's not that good.
If you're saying he's the most complete player in basketball not named LeBron, he's not that good.

I could list more who are more capable than him,but I'm not trying to get into a useless argument. I have my opinion, you have yours.

LionPride

Banned
If you're saying he's the most complete player in basketball not named LeBron, he's not that good.

I could list more who are more capable than him,but I'm not trying to get into a useless argument. I have my opinion, you have yours.
But really he is the most complete player in ball except LeBron. He can score and defend exceptionally well. He can get you 30 points while shutting down your best player.

I wouldn't trade Leonard for harden or Westbrook. Not a chance. I've insisted for years no team with Westbrook will ever win a ring. I'd rather take harden over Westbrook but I'd take Leonard over both. He's just a way more complete player.

KD or AD for Leonard would make me sweat though. It'd be hard to turn those down. And with how bad we are at PG right now it'd be tempting to not take cp3 as he would fit perfectly in our system.

I'd honestly only take lebron for a Leonard trade. And I say that as the most jaded spurs fan that thinks half the current roster needs to be cut.

TTG

OMG, that was Nick Van Exel? Hahahaa

Someone post that gif of LeBron at the free throw line going "damn" when Leonard the god checks back into the game

lebronkawhi.gif

Tom Penny

If you aren't as good as Jordan or Lebron you just ain't that good of an NBA player..

But really he is the most complete player in ball except LeBron. He can score and defend exceptionally well. He can get you 30 points while shutting down your best player.
lol no.. Giannis needs to get a jumper and 3 point shot to be in the level of some players. He's just a freak of a nature who does some things exceptionally well. If he gets a jumper, that's the new KD in a nutshell. He's got several things to fix to reach that level.

Man always every year with some crazy hyperbole shit when it comes to the NBA. Giannis is a likely MVP winner in the future no doubt, but chill out.

Hitta93

Banned
Lol like I said, you guys have your opinion, I have my own. Kawhi isn't the 2nd best player in the NBA.

With that logic, we might as well put Klay and Paul George 3rd and 4th respectively.

mjp2417

Banned
lol no.. Giannis needs to get a jumper and 3 point shot to be in the level of some players. He's just a freak of a nature who does some things exceptionally well. If he gets a jumper, that's the new KD in a nutshell. He's got several things to fix to reach that level.

Man always every year with some crazy hyperbole shit when it comes to the NBA. Giannis is a likely MVP winner in the future no doubt, but chill out.

They were talking about Kawhi...

LionPride

Banned

We wasn't talking bout Giannis. Learn to read.

TTG

Meanwhile I've really enjoyed Marc Gasol and Giannis, although I only caught the finish of that game.

I wonder if Utah comes out shook here.

Surfinn

That's an interesting definition for someone being "not that good"

I believe in the dream of the Giannis 3 pt dunk/hook shot. He's going to develop that skill set, somehow

Lol like I said, you guys have your opinion, I have my own. Kawhi isn't the 2nd best player in the NBA.

With that logic, we might as well put Klay and Paul George 3rd and 4th respectively.

No one is saying he's 2nd best.

You don't have to be 2nd best for "not that good" to be a really dumb statement.

That he's even arguably 2nd best means he's in the top tier

pislit

is jason kidd going to call dirk to workout giannis' in between game because he hates lebron and the celtics like all of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom