• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2018 Playoffs

A
Not even Noah had to carry out so many dumb animals as Lebron this year

I don't think the Cavs are even the worst team in the Finals when it comes to supporting cast this century. I think the combination of Jumaine Jones, Tyrone Hill's corpse and Eric Snow missing uncontested jumpers from the FT line when AI got doubled takes that award. True, the Sixers had Dikembe, but his expertise was defense. Which was kind of meaningless because he faced Shaq. But I still have nightmares of Eric Snow standing alone on the FT line corner and bricking yet another jumper. Just the worst.

The Cavs are bad, but they're not as bad as people want them to be. They're poorly coached more than anything else, there are some good veterans on the team. Granted they wouldn't be anywhere near the Finals without Lebron, but they're not the Iverson 6ers at all.

He made a few 3s. Nothing major. LeBron is the real depressing one. He is playing the games of his life just to lose.

He won Golden State the game by keeping them afloat. Lebron is obviously alien, so the best human player on the court was Curry by far.

caffeware

Banned
2.gif

rooting for Cleveland in the finals

KingT731

There has only 1 bad call and that was the 3pt foul on Klay which should have been a charge. Otherwise the Cavs have had some terrible shot selections.

finowns

Curry is a freak

‘Can’t believe the refs hit 9 threes this game’

From reddit made me laugh 😂.

Last edited:

Corrik

Refs were bad early on. Missed a lot of calls in favor of the warriors. But this game wasn't decided by the refs. The warriors smoked them.

llien

He made a few 3s. Nothing major. LeBron is the real depressing one. He is playing the games of his life just to lose.

If I'm not mistaken about the way teams work in US, namely, that there is a hard limit on total $ spent on players, maybe he should have agreed to have less, to be able to have better teammates?

PS
Another ridiculous act by S.C.

Why depressing?
Because it's an unstoppable shit.

Last edited:

Corrik

If I'm not mistaken about the way teams work in US, namely, that there is a hard limit on total $ spent on players, maybe he should have agreed to have less, to be able to have better teammates?
Cavs are the highest payroll team in the league. Mostly because they paid a ton of money for players like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson during the year the cap jumped a large amount (and the League wanted to use smoothening of the cap over years to prevent this). A lot of teams are struggling to be able to unload these players due to how bad their contracts are.

Lebron does have part of the blame with Thompson's contract also.

The point is though, that even if Lebron took like half his salary, I think they are still over the cap and they still can't sign anyone (you can only sign over the cap with players who have played a certain number of years for your team or had their rights traded to your team).

At the end of the day, the annoying commentary is correct. GSW did what they were supposed to do, expected to do.

We should only have been alarmed had Cleveland succeeded in stealing a game from GSW.

Everything is just moving along for now. Role players perform better at home, so now when LBJ drives to the hole and kicks out, they might actually make those shots....

lil puff

I have a feeling he will have a good game. Every now and then after a few lashings he will decide to mentally contribute.

lil puff

I don't know how much seats in Ohio would cost, but no one could get as close to Lebrons nuts as Curry did on that pic caffeware posted lol

lil puff

This broadcasting team loves to exaggerate and hyperbole early. 2 mins later they will flip it. I hate these guys. The Knicks broadcast is the same.
I will probably do a lot of double and triple posting here.

lil puff

I am not sure what to say the Cavs did wrong here. Even JR played well. Love had a few shots. Nice half, but here we are in a close game.

Got to love Draymond with the paint WIDE OPEN so he could flat out WALK for a dunk but then he decides to lob it up to McGee. Feed the beast!

Top Bottom