• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs 2019-2020 |OT|

Jon Neu

Banned
What is next is also important. When Joe Rogan had Jocko Wilink on as a guest on his podcast recently, they had an excellent segment on police reform. While it didn't touch on elements like police unions and transparency, it did cover how to make our police offers better prepared for the jobs they do. It's also one of the few times that we've heard real solutions (mostly because Jocko isn't a politician going for a sound bite).

A police reform isn't gonna change much. Police are still going to be human beans with self-preservation instincts and there's too many cops killed in the USA.

It's the black community the one who need a profound cultural reform. The level of violence and disdain for the law of the black community it's just out of the charts.

Doc Rivers said black fathers have to teach their children to behave when they encounter the police but white fathers don't have to do the same with their kids. Well, seems that black fathers are doing the worst job ever at it, because we already see as something normal for black people to antagonize, disobey and fight the police, which is the most retarded thing you could do and the easiest way to win a death certificate.

I guess white privilege in reality it's just common sense privilege.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Jesus...NBA-GAF is truly dead.This has nothing to do with basketball, just Right-Wing dick tugging.Tucker Carlson videos on Page 6..transparent and pathetic.
Probably will pick up some in the NBA WC/EC semifinals. Great game on tmrw w/ Celtics vs Raptors. Huge series imo

I can’t wait to see Harden and the Rockets face the Lakers next round. Assuming the Lakers will close this one out tonight or gm 6. Injuries are starting to weigh down the Blazers. Whiteside’s finger looked dislocated in that play a few min ago

Jesus...NBA-GAF is truly dead.This has nothing to do with basketball, just Right-Wing dick tugging.Tucker Carlson videos on Page 6..transparent and pathetic.

Bad take bro, this thread wasn't exactly on fire even before the events this week. Just not a lot of sports fans on GAF overall I think, but there are some regulars. I'm a Boston Celtics fan so I took today off to clear my mind to murder the Raptors tomorrow.

Very complete game by Boston. Smart offense, INSANE discipline on defense, aside from some dumb turnovers and occasional lazy boxouts, it was about as perfect as one could expect. They found some real THING with the starting line-up, love Hayward and he was playing awesome in the bubble, but maybe he should come off the bench once he returns.

Hinedorf

Banned
Marcus Morris channeling his inner Bill Laimbeer tonight. 35 years ago I expected superstars to get hacked but wow Luka taking that head shot, whole Mav's team should bum rushed Morris but then again this isn't 35 years ago.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Marcus Morris channeling his inner Bill Laimbeer tonight. 35 years ago I expected superstars to get hacked but wow Luka taking that head shot, whole Mav's team should bum rushed Morris but then again this isn't 35 years ago.
Players are more athletic and much better at the long bomb shot, but old NBA games were 10x better to watch.

Was a Celtics fan back in the day in that 1985-1992 era when Bird and Mchale ruled but then got old. Too young to ever see this. Probably wasn't even televised in Canada anyway.

But there are no modern day NBA games as exciting as these clips.

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
So I watched the highlights and noticed Kawhi was the only player without a BLM affirmative message on his jersey. I know he's not a political guy but uh... how the brothers gonna feel about that?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fuck that 3 point line! Extend that shit by 2 feet and remove the corner 3s from the court. I can't stand watching 3, 4 possessions in a row where each team bombs 3s.
It' all about math. And the better shooters become, the more long bombs you'll get.

A team shooting 50% 2pts is similar to a team bombing them from 3 pt land at 33.3%

However, most teams do not shoot 50% from 2 pt range, and good shooting 3 pt teams shoot 35-36% from the arc. So in the long run 3 pt should win, especially since long shots create big crazy rebounds anyone can grab.

You'd think 2 pt shots would be more effective in the long run due to drawing more fouls, but I guess teams prefer unleashing long shots. Also, focusing too much on close shots leads to too much energy wasted, bumping and potential injuries. Not too often you see players getting injured doing 3 pt shots.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Eh, feel bad for Dallas. Luka didn’t deserve to be beat up like that. Knowing the Dallas bigs were down they still did great. Hoping they can have an injury free run with KP healthy. They could legit challenge for the championship. Luka needs to get a little bigger, we can already see how it’s gonna go in the playoffs, they can’t stop him. Boston looks really, really good.

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
Doc Rivers said black fathers have to teach their children to behave when they encounter the police but white fathers don't have to do the same with their kids. Well, seems that black fathers are doing the worst job ever at it, because we already see as something normal for black people to antagonize, disobey and fight the police, which is the most retarded thing you could do and the easiest way to win a death certificate.
A good % of these kids don't even have 'fathers', as they don't even stick around though.

Glad Dallas is gone. Was getting tired hearing about the pg already.

Hoping they can have an injury free run with KP healthy.
Dude is soft/always hurt.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I think Utah is going to challenge the Clippers in the semifinals next round. Who can even put a body on Rudy Gobert? Nobody. He’s going to grab rebounds over anybody, cause problems in the paint. I can’t stand seeing players like Lou Williams, as crafty as he is, get in there for an easy two

Eh, feel bad for Dallas. Luka didn’t deserve to be beat up like that. Knowing the Dallas bigs were down they still did great. Hoping they can have an injury free run with KP healthy. They could legit challenge for the championship. Luka needs to get a little bigger, we can already see how it’s gonna go in the playoffs, they can’t stop him. Boston looks really, really good.
If his teammates can improve greatly in the offseason, Luka starts to take car of his body better (i.e. strength train + conditioning hard in the summer, clean up his diet some) and Kristaps can simply remain on the court then I like their chances of being a 4th to 5th seed next season. Totally depends on his teammates though, they need to step up big time. Luka is there, by 24 he’ll be ready to claim souls with the Mavs

Yikes. Raps got smashed.

Live and die by the 3 pt ball. They took 40 3 pt shots and only hit 10.

They took some really bad ones, FVV tried to Steph a few times and guys were hesitant and doing a double take before firing it. Boston went cold in the early 2nd quarter and some time in the 3rd, but the Raptors never managed to make it a game because they couldn't find quality looks consistently.

highrider

Banned
Hey Doc Rivers take it from a white guy that’s been in the system, if you think cops won’t blast a white guy in a heart beat, you are out of your mind. Oh he’s reaching! Hold on he’s white. FOH

Cutty Flam

Banned
Bucks / Heat for the series?

I’m thinking Bucks but Miami wont go out easy at all. Bucks with more firepower and experience so I think the Miami Heat should eventually lose steam at some point in the series, slip up in the fourth and that will be the difference

MIL 4-2

Cutty Flam

Banned
Giannis goes so fucking hard to the rack. It’s incredible. I would hate to take a hit from that dude when battling in the paint, fuck

bender

What time is it?
Late to the party. I kind of like the Heat. Better depth, tougher and a better coach. And that's coming from a Mavs fan. I need a shower.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Man that was a gorgeous three by Gordon to end the half

Thoughts:

-Bucks lacked composure in the last 2:30 seconds of the 4th; playing like they were down 10 scrambling, nervous energy, frantic movement during the plays...that was a huge mistake, they were only down 5 I think it was maybe even 4? That was odd to me

-Giannis choked hardcore

-Jimmy Butler is lazer focused. Truly on a mission. It’s only one game but I’m now thinking the Heat have a very solid chance in this series. They are not fucking around a bit. They’re dead serious. But Bucks have more talent so they should come
out in top. Going to be very competitive

-Coach Bud, never believed in him, and I think he might have been too lax in watching his team handle the last few minutes with such frailty. I would have called time out the moment they started to show signs of doubt with their play

-Giannis too, his inability to take over in the fourth during crunch time folded the team’s chances last year in the playoffs. Might repeat again? Will he find a way to take over a crucial game when it counts most?

-James Harden is still way too good

-PJ Tucker > Draymond

-Once again, Heat are looking very solid out there

Cutty Flam

Banned
Fuck that 3 point line! Extend that shit by 2 feet and remove the corner 3s from the court. I can't stand watching 3, 4 possessions in a row where each team bombs 3s.
I can go on for a long while, but players are so skilled that we have like 3-4 players that are changing the game and showing what is possible. Steph totally changed the way the game is approached. Kyrie. Lillard and AD to a smaller degree are influencing what is seen. Definitely Harden. A handful of unbelievably skilled players are changing the game as we watch or have already in recent years past five years. This is amazing stuff. Players are performing at such a high level. We have a 21 year old Luka coming in and giving the expected top 3 team in the Clippers a run for their money with his squad banged up, he himself on one leg still forcing dominant play. Game is way different. The thing I dislike
the most are inconsistent refs, but that’s a game within the game.
Someone tell Westbrook that he doesn't play for the Thunder anymore.
It was looking pretty bad out there for Westbrook. He got that tunnel vision and broke like four plays. It’s like he forgot he had James Harden on his team
Someone tell Westbrook that he doesn't play for the Thunder anymore.
He broke like four or five plays when it was time to make something happen. It was like he forgot James Harden was on his team. Pretty bad look for WB not gonna lie he looked sorry out there for that final stretch. And now, OKC has a lot of momentum going into game 7 so it’s like the underdog is no longer the underdog. Not sure who will take it

bender

What time is it?
I'm not sure moving the three point line back would even help at this point. You certainly can't get rid of the corner three. Maybe you could with the addition of extending the dimension of the court but I don't see that type of move ever being made. Plus with the rules slanted to offense, spacing out defenses even further. My thoughts:

-Bring back hand checking to tip the scales a little more in favor of the defense.
-Unless it is blatantly obvious, replace the charge/block rule with the no call.

If you want a crazy thought, reduce the rim diameter by an inch or two.

He broke like four or five plays when it was time to make something happen. It was like he forgot James Harden was on his team. Pretty bad look for WB not gonna lie he looked sorry out there for that final stretch. And now, OKC has a lot of momentum going into game 7 so it’s like the underdog is no longer the underdog. Not sure who will take it

Kind of want Houston to get bounced in the first round for the drama of it all. Morey will finally be out moves to make. Would Harden demand a trade? Plus there fan base are whinier than Luka Doncic.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Mitchell is hitting some tough awkward floaters. Nuggets are making it tough on him but he’s still trying to will his team on towards the goal. Liking the fight in this kid, he’s out there battling

Good game

Cutty Flam

Banned
What a chokefest at the end. Both teams wanted to lose with how sloppy those final minutes were. Congrats to Utah on the L.
Crazy finish. Nobody wanted to miss, most shots were 2s. Gobert and Jokic were the main scorers down the stretch. Crazy finish

Cutty Flam

Banned

Can't wait to see this Game 7. Harden and CP3 had a falling out their final season together. I think Chris Paul is an abrasive teammate at times. Idk how you can expect to tell Harden anything at any time though, he's a better player than Chris Paul's ever been... I expect to see Chris Paul take this one personal and do anything for the win. Obviously for himself and his squad but I know he wants to eliminate Harden bad being the type of emotional player he is. Gonna laugh so hard if the Rockets lose their series to win, and the Lakers end up playing OKC. No way in fucking hell does OKC win more than a game versus the Lakers. Front court is going to demoralize them if they end up in the semifinals somehow

Wild game, never seen one conclude quite like that in the playoffs

I've never seen a game end that way either. If it goes to overtime The Bucks win, they had all the momentum and you could see The Heat players were frustrated.

I can't wait for robot refs or something like that. The refs in basketball games are by far the worse of any sport.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I've never seen a game end that way either. If it goes to overtime The Bucks win, they had all the momentum and you could see The Heat players were frustrated.

I can't wait for robot refs or something like that. The refs in basketball games are by far the worse of any sport.
Giannis is amazing if he can get in for his 2pts for an easy flush every time, but his lack of a reliable jumpshot is killing this team. I don’t even want them to advance now. Let Giannis reap the reward of failing to improve his jumpshot. Can’t lead a team in todays game without a reliable 3pt shot. He’s not even willing to stretch the floor and make his presence felt all over the hardwood. I’m not seeing a complete player in Giannis so regardless what I want he’s still likely to fail sooner or later. It’s a joke to think you can take a team all the way if you can’t shoot

I can see the Heat playing the Celtics and that being an excellent series. Watching Giannis imo, can be a pathetic display at times, as good as he is

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’ll be damned

Refs are being some beasts out there for a change. That was intense as fuck. Glad they let them play during that sequence

bender

What time is it?
flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

Live by the Dort, die by the Dort. SGA kind of fucked up that sequence.

Dort also missed a very open Schroder. OKC just didn't have anything left in the tank for the final minute.

Despite how close this series was, Lakers vs. Rockets has legit upset potential. The Rockets are a good team, OKC is a sneaky tough team to play against and they match up well against Houston. LA not so much.

Top Bottom