• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs 2019-2020 |OT|

bender

What time is it?
Dort also missed a very open Schroder. OKC just didn't have anything left in the tank for the final minute.

Despite how close this series was, Lakers vs. Rockets has legit upset potential. The Rockets are a good team, OKC is a sneaky tough team to play against and they match up well against Houston. LA not so much.

I'm not seeing the second round upset potential, but I'm mostly wrong about everything.

I'm not seeing the second round upset potential, but I'm mostly wrong about everything.

The rockets are a very mercurial team so it will depend on how hot they are, but on scheme alone it's doable. The Lakers can't kill them with size because the Rockets will just open 5 and take the open shot all day.

Upon close inspection on that final play, my GOD Adams had a very clear path to the hoop for an easy layup. Why the fuck did he go towards the ball?

bender

What time is it?
The rockets are a very mercurial team so it will depend on how hot they are, but on scheme alone it's doable. The Lakers can't kill them with size because the Rockets will just open 5 and take the open shot all day.

Upon close inspection on that final play, my GOD Adams had a very clear path to the hoop for an easy layup. Why the fuck did he go towards the ball?

As much as CP3 and OKC was heralded for being clutch and how much props Donovan got or coaching this year, they deserve as much shit for not being able to draw up a play, especially considering the eternity they had leading up to that moment. It reminds me of Chauncey Billups talking about arriving in Denver and George Karl not having in any in bounds pays.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Huge respect to Lu Dort. Dude plays with heart. Fool is pure muscle too, 6’4 like 240 goddamn boys a beast...

Especially stepping up tonight for Game 7 out of nowhere. That was incredible for a rookie

bender

What time is it?
Huge respect to Lu Dort. Dude plays with heart. Fool is pure muscle too, 6’4 like 240 goddamn boys a beast...

Especially stepping up tonight for Game 7 out of nowhere. That was incredible for a rookie

His drives to the paint can seem like he's high on pixie sticks, but If he can get rid of his indecisiveness he'll have a place in this league for a long while.

caffeware

Banned

WNf47GV.gif

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nash is a popular athlete Kyrie and Durant will love his offense other teams will get frustrated with Brooklyn next season

YukiOnna

Holy shit OG. I walked out (had a nosebleed) after the Celtics scored with .05 seconds to go and come back to us winning. On the bright side, the gap has been closing between us and the Celtics each game.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Wow what a finish to the Raps game. Huge win.
Gasol was falling over dead on his feet. Shouldn't have been on the floor the last few minutes.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Wow what a finish to the Raps game. Huge win.
Gasol was falling over dead on his feet. Shouldn't have been on the floor the last few minutes.
That loss would have destroyed him. Letting your man score an easy flush ftw? Man that would leave a bad taste don't know how you shake that out of your mind

I'm mad as fuck, but what a play by Toronto. Taking down the champs was never going to be easy. Great game, glad the Celtics didn't back down once the Raptors played some unreal defense in the 3rd. Not much to be said, this feels like that one girl that got away.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Lakers versus Rockets tmrw, no telling how that will go knowing the Lakers. Seems like they may have had their wake up call but to be fair, the Trailblazers crumbled before their eyes mid-series so can't really say whether or not the Lakers are up for the task. Rockets are either going to overwhelm us with threes this series for the most part and make it competitive, or the Lakers are going to keep up with the scoring output, defend, and take advantage of Houston's small ball; bruise them in the paint for easy buckets all day. I want to say the Lakers have this in the bag but I swear you never know with the Lakers for some reason. Every team has their number
I'm mad as fuck, but what a play by Toronto. Taking down the champs was never going to be easy. Great game, glad the Celtics didn't back down once the Raptors played some unreal defense in the 3rd. Not much to be said, this feels like that one girl that got away.
That win was huge for Toronto, it completely shifted the energy and momentum going into Game 4. I still think the Toronto Raptors are going to lose this series, but now it's a lot more interesting. Idk why, maybe it's because I don't believe in Kyle Lowry at all, but I think they're pretenders. Would love to see them move past the Celtics but I don't think it will happen lol
Clippers getting that championship mojo after a rocky start.
Yeah definitely bro, this Clippers team is lethal. They were just getting warm and getting the wake up call in early. I don't think Denver can win this series unless Jokic is ready to show the world some next level dominance. Clippers have too much talent. If all their players are playing well, I just don't see the Denver Nuggets being able to keep up. Jokic and Murray have to be one hell of a 1-2 punch to take out the Clippers I think. They need to start controlling these games

That win was huge for Toronto, it completely shifted the energy and momentum going into Game 4. I still think the Toronto Raptors are going to lose this series, but now it's a lot more interesting. Idk why, maybe it's because I don't believe in Kyle Lowry at all, but I think they're pretenders. Would love to see them move past the Celtics but I don't think it will happen lol

You never know, the Celtics are built around Brown and Tatum and those guys are still pretty young so they could flub this. I feel like Boston can do what Toronto can do, but better. The teams are very similar, but the top talent for the Celtics is better.

Been a great series thus far.

Yeah definitely bro, this Clippers team is lethal. They were just getting warm and getting the wake up call in early. I don't think Denver can win this series unless Jokic is ready to show the world some next level dominance. Clippers have too much talent. If all their players are playing well, I just don't see the Denver Nuggets being able to keep up. Jokic and Murray have to be one hell of a 1-2 punch to take out the Clippers I think. They need to start controlling these games

Nugget's are tired and need to adjust to a team posing different challenges. We'll see if they have the mental fortitude to grind it with the Clippers in the coming days .

Lakers-Rockets should be an interesting match up indeed.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Rockets are going to be tough. Their small ball is fucking tough. If James Harden is going to be mowing down players on a mission to the rack getting easy buckets the Lakers might be in trouble this series. Hoping that the LAL bigs know well enough to keep the beatdown going strong all series long and hopefully it’ll tip the scales in their favor eventually

bender

What time is it?
Someone get Ben and Skin in the lab for a Giannis recruitment song.

...and let's keep Cuban the fuck away from power point and cartoonists.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Good play versus poor play basically, and it added up quickly for the Lakers. Pretty unremarkable game and effort especially by the Lakers

Need AD to assert himself badly

Told you guys this series had upset potential. The Rockets are going to run laps around the Lakers.*

*if they don't get cold and/or choke it away.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
That's what you call some motherfucking bullshit mail-it-in defense ALL GAME LONG by the Lakers. That was so goddamn pathetic with their defensive effort across the board allowing an insane 3 point shooting time WIDE OPEN LOOKS.....WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Small ball just made the Lakers look like the smaller weaker team, how is that even possible. AD is just soft and if LeBron doesn't put up 40 a night this could be a sweep.

I thought the exact same thing after Game 1 against the Trailblazers..... either Lakers are gonna flip a gear or get bounced.

That's what you call some motherfucking bullshit mail-it-in defense ALL GAME LONG by the Lakers. That was so goddamn pathetic with their defensive effort across the board allowing an insane 3 point shooting time WIDE OPEN LOOKS.....WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Pringles has been hinting towards this path for quite some time, but his teams always got bounced by random luck. The same could happen with the Rockets but goddamn the IDEA is very sound. Put 5 fast men on court, they WILL get open and you WILL kick some ass. There's this notion that the Rockets offense is simple, but it has a lot of nuances. If the glorious Boston Celtics don't make it, there's no team that would give me greater joy to see chip than the Rockets.

Problem is, the Clippers can counter with Bev - Lou - Playoff P - Kawhi - Harrell. The question is if Doc would play the actual optimal lineup in that duel. That's 50-50 tbh.

highrider

Banned
Lakers have no perimeter threats that are remotely consistent, they can’t spread the defense and Lebron and AD aren’t rim protection guys that beat you up, which you need. I think the Rockets are going to expose that in a major way. Can’t stand either team, hopefully the Heat will continue to work these doughnuts.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Question for you bros, all things considered

Who do you think is the best player on the floor in the BOS vs TOR series?

Overall best player? Every part of the game considered

Question for you bros, all things considered

Who do you think is the best player on the floor in the BOS vs TOR series?

Overall best player? Every part of the game considered

It has to be Kyle Lowrie. He's a proven leader, an NBA champion and so far he's carrying his team on his back. Tatum is still too young and Kemba has never lead a team anywhere.

I do think Boston is the more talented team. As a Heat fan I'm pulling for The Raptors, The Celtics are a nightmare matchup against Miami.

Dthomp

It has to be Kyle Lowrie. He's a proven leader, an NBA champion and so far he's carrying his team on his back. Tatum is still too young and Kemba has never lead a team anywhere.

I do think Boston is the more talented team. As a Heat fan I'm pulling for The Raptors, The Celtics are a nightmare matchup against Miami.

As a Celtics fan, I’m pulling for the Heat too 😉 Milwaukee is a matchup nightmare for us. Kamba gonna continue to lead us to the ECF

As a Celtics fan, I’m pulling for the Heat too 😉 Milwaukee is a matchup nightmare for us. Kamba gonna continue to lead us to the ECF

Everything in sports is about matchups, specially the NBA. Boston is the only team left I truly fear. I'm definitely not afraid of Lechoke or The Rockets. I think The Heat can handle them. Whichever team comes out of the East is the one I will support in the finals.

No. This isn't acceptable. I can deal with losing like we did in the previous game, but not like this. They haven't found a way to counter that more aggresive defense Toronto has been playing since the 2nd half of the previous game. Tonight, nothing was there.

YukiOnna

I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like we've figured out the Celtics. Moreover, finally pulling in the fouls out of Tatum and Siakam decided to say fuck Brown and go for it. Let's see if we can keep this up.

I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like we've figured out the Celtics. Moreover, finally pulling in the fouls out of Tatum and Siakam decided to say fuck Brown and go for it. Let's see if we can keep this up.

Toronto got in their heads. You could see from the body language even when Boston somehow took the lead in the 2nd. They played shook. There were some bad effort on the glass, bad turnovers, slow passing, failure to execute any semblance of a plan early in the clock, slow closeouts, poor fastbreak attempts. Boston did literally everything poorly, you only fail across all levels when you can't stop to feel the predator right there going for the kill.

I like Stevens, but he's not a fantastic motivator. If Boston wants to have a shot, he needs to get guys aboard again. Fear nothing but fear itself.

YukiOnna

Toronto got in their heads. You could see from the body language even when Boston somehow took the lead in the 2nd. They played shook. There were some bad effort on the glass, bad turnovers, slow passing, failure to execute any semblance of a plan early in the clock, slow closeouts, poor fastbreak attempts. Boston did literally everything poorly, you only fail across all levels when you can't stop to feel the predator right there going for the kill.

I like Stevens, but he's not a fantastic motivator. If Boston wants to have a shot, he needs to get guys aboard again. Fear nothing but fear itself.
Thing is I can't see Boston going through that low % of a shooting back to back as Celtics had good looks. Game 5 is going to be key for both teams for sure.

Thing is I can't see Boston going through that low % of a shooting back to back as Celtics had good looks. Game 5 is going to be key for both teams for sure.

Yeah the shooting was fluky bad. Feels like at least part of the plan for Toronto is for Brown to be a broken man, he got WAY too many open looks.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Mentally yeah it's going to be a huge momentum switch for whoever comes out on top. But the advantage of games being played at the Bubble is that no matter what, both teams are able to concentrate on the game equally. No input from the fans other than their faces on monitors is making making things way more competitive I feel. When players on't have to deal with the fans I think they can concentrate on execution purely now. And I also think that's why we've been seeing a lot of series continuing all the way to Game 7 a bit more than often. Playing field is equal. I feel like anything can happen in these games because it's just the players isolated from the fans and focusing purely on the battle in front of them. Nothing to sway their emotions or actions other than what the opposition will throw at them

Taking a 3-2 lead would have been a crucial factor for the home team but now I think teams down 2 to 3 in the series can go in sort of level headed, not as much nerves, and do their thing. I think it's a different ball game in the Bubble

Top Bottom