• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC's Community Official Thread - the next Arrested Development/Office/30 Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Troy's Cookie Crisp confession was gold! :lol :lol

Strike

Good God, I wonder how the hell they're going to top all this for the season finale. I haven't watched a show this consistently funny in a while (especially for its first season).

Calcaneus

Andrex said:
Just saw the past couple minutes by chance, but I have to ask, was that the guy from DerrickComedy?
Yeah, and he's awesome in this show.

Man this episode was amazing, I'm a sucker for buddy cop stuff. And the cookie crisp stuff killed me.

since I watch both, that Abed scene also makes me think of every CTU director with Jack :lol

at least until they figure out he's always right

atomsk

Party Pooper
Jarvis, the original Cookie Crisp mascot (77-85), for reference

3348663364_816dec43b9.jpg

TimScribble

Neo Member
So many great moments. Pierce describing the club scene when trying to read Jeff's mind was great. GAY! GAY! GAY!

Abed was great throughout the episode and of course the Dean always rocks.

"How do you spell testicles?"

RevoDS

:lol :lol Great episode. Except the scene where everyone cries, that was rather annoying and seemed pointless. Totally forced, no one seemed genuinely sad.

jtb

Banned
RevoDS said:
:lol :lol Great episode. Except the scene where everyone cries, that was rather annoying and seemed pointless. Totally forced, no one seemed genuinely sad.

That's the point, I thought...

ScrubJay

Probably my favorite episode of the season. So much awesome, I liked the cookie crisp reference best myself, even if it was before my time.

aparisi2274

Abed doing the black police chief was awesome.

Pierce getting called Cookie Crisp was hysterical.

Annie's self inflicting pepper spray wounds were great.

Troy and Abed in the morning was awesome. I loved how they had people behind them with signs like it was the today show.

I am so glad NBC did something smart and renewed this show...

mj1108

RevoDS said:

This got me thinking....I wonder if this is the scene Dan Harmon mentioned on twitter that they went to shoot right after they found out they were picked up for a second season?

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/10047396808
"You know what actually sucks that I just realized? Those guys have to go shoot a scene where everyone cries. I hope they're actors."

EDIT: Yup, it is. Look back at the video Harmon took of him breaking the news and you can see Jeff is wearing the same blue shirt as in the crying scene and Annie is wearing her pink blouse from the same scene.

Schrade

Heh was just watching the episode again and that part where they're in the dean's office had another 2 dick joke hidden in it.

"He ran between two poles."

Dean: "Well, I can see how that would be frustrating..."

MrOctober

Banned
I have no idea how anyone liked that episode. I generally don't like this show but I've seen all the episodes and some of them do make me laugh. I guess I like it enough to keep watching for the times it is enjoyable, but every single joke bombed hard this week. Calling Jeff gay and saying two penises literally made me cringe watching it. That was painfully unfunny. Everything felt really forced. That was easily the worst episode so far.

ZeoVGM

Banned
MrOctober said:
I have no idea how anyone liked that episode. I generally don't like this show but I've seen all the episodes and some of them do make me laugh. I guess I like it enough to keep watching for the times it is enjoyable, but every single joke bombed hard this week. Calling Jeff gay and saying two penises literally made me cringe watching it. That was painfully unfunny. Everything felt really forced. That was easily the worst episode so far.

:lol

Nedjoe

Neo Member
I think all the episodes past the break so far have not been great. Hopefully another Christmas/Halloween quality episode comes up soon.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Community - 1x20: The Science of Illusion
Don't ask, just take, but be sure to call dibs on the avatar you like so there are not duplicate users. ^_^

BWR6q.gif
HXJRu.gif
FslZP.gif
BJFuz.gif
0e4yq.gif
ga6Kn.gif
Elsig.gif

lc175.gif
c5ZWJ.gif
ZZhkk.gif
ZSPBZ.gif
DLsxk.gif
T7A2p.gif
zNWTy.gif

kOnPx.gif
0krpM.gif
VJPQZ.gif
R4HrQ.gif
vMhTD.gif
5ni3b.gif
0d1Yt.gif

vHMkG.gif
SiAvN.gif
eeXmM.gif
325VB.gif
cmOye.gif
OqQeL.gif
r0CJw.gif

jNdlX.gif
GvUR1.gif
Z1Rkl.gif
5rtNx.gif

(Side Note: Forgive me for these being late. The motherboard in my MacBook Pro is dying and I had to deal with seven random reboots in the middle of making these. Until I can get money together to acquire new laptop in the next few weeks, the GIFs for the shows will be quite later than usual.)

"Inspector Abed!" "Where the fuck you been, Edison!?"

sarcastor

vMhTD.gif

dibs. thanks for all the hard work!

turnbuckle said:
I dunno... 2 of the last 3 episodes have been let downs for me. I thought this one was terrible.

wtf? this episode wasn't nearly as good as the billards one but in no way was it terrible.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Gif wall... beautiful

Tons of Britta :)

Catalix

OneEightZero said:
...I think I'm on her team now, shhhhh. ^_^
^_^ ™

Brian Fellows said:
Team Mandy trumps both teams.
I can't argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom