• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The refs didn't put Egwu back in the game Groce did.

You guys erased a huge lead and built a 9 point lead of your own with playing small ball with Egwu on the bench. So what does Groce do? He goes right back to the big turd who immediately gives up two buckets on D and gets beat for 3 or 4 offensive rebounds by guys half his size. And he'd have probably have finished the game too if the refs hadn't done you guys a huge favor and fouled him out.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
And in other news Michigan's season is now 100% over. Caris Levert is out for the season with a foot injury. He only leads the team in scoring, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, and minutes played.

thefro

You guys erased a huge lead and built a 9 point lead of your own with playing small ball with Egwu on the bench. So what does Groce do? He goes right back to the big turd who immediately gives up two buckets on D and gets beat for 3 or 4 offensive rebounds by guys half his size. And he'd have probably have finished the game too if the refs hadn't done you guys a huge favor and fouled him out.

Agreed. That move from Groce is like something Crean would have done. You're in the middle of a big run which was sparked by Egwu going to the bench. No reason to bring him back in so early with 4 fouls when you're rolling and playing way better without him in the lineup.

Anyway, huge road win for Indiana. That should lock up a NCAA bid for them assuming they don't totally collapse. Hard to see them only winning 5 more games the rest of the way. They may lose the next 3 but they should be favored in their last 6 games of the regular season.

Fjordson

North Carolina kids showing out for the Warriors. Obviously people know about Barnes, but JM McAdoo just had a decent debut. Got the game ball from Steve Kerr and a standing ovation in Oracle.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
4 each on MP3 and Okafor, and Winslow is in the locker room with a shoulder injury. This one could turn ugly if Duke isn't careful.

Black (aka Egwu's replacement) played well for the run, but with a freshman that was never going to last. Specifically, he came back in once Egwu fouled out and absolutely killed us down the stretch with 3-4 possession-killing mistakes.

That foul on Nunn was the worst, though!

gg :jnc

Even though I watched nary a second of it. Time for 1000 watch.

Really tough road stretch coming up with St.John's, ND, UVA all next. Theoretically possible that K has to wait until the home game against GT on February 4th for that next win.

DominoKid

gg :jnc

Even though I watched nary a second of it. Time for 1000 watch.

Really tough road stretch coming up with St.John's, ND, UVA all next. Theoretically possible that K has to wait until the home game against GT on February 4th for that next win.

giphy.gif

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Nice to see Indiana back in the Top 25. Been having a very nice season in spite our limitations in terms of size and experience. 14-4 headed into a showdown with Maryland on Thursday.

RoKKeR

Proud of the way our boys have showed up. Keeping this competitive.

For a young team with little experience coming off a 3 game losing streak to hang with these guys is certainly encouraging.

Gophers lose again by less than 5 points(3 this time). 5 losses in BT play by 5 or less. Current record 1-6. Looks like they're going for the bursting someone's bubble philosophy of winning the BT tournament. With their soft schedule in BT play they'll need to finish 11-7 so only 1 more loss. With games @Iowa, @Indiana, @Wisconsin, @Michigan State....it doesn't look likely they'll lose just one more game. Must win the Big Ten Tourney.

Fjordson

Not sure what to make of this UK team. Could either win the title or get clipped in the second round. Neither would surprise me one bit.

RoKKeR

Well damn. Can't say this was an unexpected outcome but I still like how our team showed up, proud of them. Unfortunately our conference record is so shit that it'll probably keep us out of tournament bids unless we basically win every game from here on out and make a run in the SEC tournament.

UK, pretty clearly, looks incredibly beatable. Hope Vandy meets them again in the tourney.

MisterR

Well damn. Can't say this was an unexpected outcome but I still like how our team showed up, proud of them. Unfortunately our conference record is so shit that it'll probably keep us out of tournament bids unless we basically win every game from here on out and make a run in the SEC tournament.

UK, pretty clearly, looks incredibly beatable. Hope Vandy meets them again in the tourney.

Vandy got UK's C- game. I'd love to see Vandy again in the tourney. It's always fun to beat them.

The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets scored 28 points in an Atlantic Coast Conference game this evening against the Virginia Cavaliers.

Needed a few more chop blocks.
Its amazing the hard on you guys have for Georgia Tech. It's really flattering in a weird way. Our basketball team is beyond awful though. I used to like basketball a lot more than football. Hewitt and Gregory have completely killed any resemblance of a program we ever had.

chris121580

Feels real good man! This team is really coming together at the right time. Fun game tonight. Felt good to blow them out...I'll probably always be bitter towards Maryland since breaking my heart in the NCAA Championship. Knowing Dixon was coaching on the bench tonight made it that much sweeter

Fjordson

Damn, Indiana beat Maryland by19??? IU is waaaaay better than I thought they'd be. Were mediocre last year and then all those dudes got arrested, didn't think they'd do much this year.

thefro

Damn, Indiana beat Maryland by19??? IU is waaaaay better than I thought they'd be. Were mediocre last year and then all those dudes got arrested, didn't think they'd do much this year.

If they would have shot 40% from 3 instead of 65% it would have been a really close game. The fact they went nuclear from out there is why the margin was so large.

If they shoot it like that they'll beat anyone.

hoos30

Indiana is fun to watch, but they are going to get roasted come tourney time.

Live by the 3, die by the three.

Top Bottom